Sprint LTE vs T-Mobile LTE

4GHoward

How will Sprint LTE be compared to T-Mobile LTE? Who do you think will be better? T-Mobile has announced that they are making progress to test LTE this summer with the full deployment starting in late 2012 and early 2013 with Ericsson and Nokia Siemens Networks.

Source: http://blog.t-mobile...-modernization/

Found this for you.

ericdabbs, on 16 May 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

If this is true, then this is great news. If only a software upgrade is required on Sprint towers to be LTE release 10 compliant then that is great. I would hate to be Verizon or AT&T that has to come in the truck loads and install new equipment to be LTE release 10 compliant.

I am not sure what you mean by Sprint LTE at 800 MHz will be out of box LTE advanced. I think what Sprint meant by that is by the time 800 MHz LTE is launched, the towers will be upgraded to LTE release 10 and be LTE-Advanced compatible.

Yes it is true http://seekingalpha....right-lte-stuff

IF everything goes by plan Sprint will be in a very very good position compared to Verizon and ATT.

and thanks for clarifying 800 mhz LTE.

Edited by sprintfans, 16 May 2012 - 02:20 AM.

Same as sprints RRUs and same as ATT's. Better signal and less electricity. Probably a huge costs savings in coax cable as well.

The WISPs guys started doing this a few years back on their towers and the cell companies are just falling in line due to the benefits.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Who are you saying is better?

digiblur is not saying that one is "better." That is the point. If you are looking for a simple answer, you will not find it. Or if you do, it will not be a very comprehensive, accurate assessment.

AJ

digiblur is not saying that one is "better." That is the point. If you are looking for a simple answer, you will not find it. Or if you do, it will not be a very comprehensive, accurate assessment.

AJ

Are there any benefits with T-Mobile LTE over Sprint LTE even if they are co-located on the same wireless tower?

A spectrum based comparison/contrast between Sprint LTE and T-Mobile LTE:

Sprint is rolling out LTE initially in PCS 1900 MHz spectrum, secondarily in SMR 800 MHz spectrum (while Clear is deploying TD-LTE in BRS/EBS 2600 MHz spectrum). T-Mobile will be constructing LTE in AWS 2100+1700 MHz spectrum.

Sprint is deploying LTE in a 5 MHz x 5 MHz configuration in all markets. T-Mobile will be deploying LTE in a 10 MHz x 10 MHz configuration in some markets, a 5 MHz x 5 MHz configuration in other markets, and not at all in other markets (as T-Mobile lacks enough spectrum to run GSM, W-CDMA, and LTE all at the same time.)

AJ

• Like 7

Does this claim makes sense?

T-Mobile’s customers are the most data intensive customers in the U.S. wireless space, averaging close to 1.7GB per subscriber per month. That is almost 50% higher than Sprint’s 1.2GB, Verizon’s 902MB and AT&T’s 724MB of data usage.

Source:

http://www.fiercewir...onth/2012-06-15

http://www.tmonews.c...data-per-month/

Does this claim makes sense?

T-Mobile’s customers are the most data intensive customers in the U.S. wireless space' date=' averaging close to 1.7GB per subscriber per month. That is almost 50% higher than Sprint’s 1.2GB, Verizon’s 902MB and AT&T’s 724MB of data usage.

Source:

http://www.fiercewir...onth/2012-06-15

http://www.tmonews.c...data-per-month/

I'm doing my part to bring Sprint's average up. Half way into my current cycle and I've used 2gb of combined 3g/4g data.

I wonder if there is a reason why T-Mobile is excluding Clearwire in its comparison. Clearwire claims that their average user uses 7 GB of Data per Month. That is significantly higher compared to its competition.

Is the data speed working out for you?

I live in the burbs outside Richmond, and my data is fairly fast. Out here I average from 600-1000 kbps. That's been fast enough for everything but video streaming. However, in downtown the data speeds are terrible. They generally average less than 150kbps. Thankfully we have wimax. My 4g speeds in the city are in the 2-6mbps range.

I live in the burbs outside Richmond, and my data is fairly fast. Out here I average from 600-1000 kbps. That's been fast enough for everything but video streaming. However, in downtown the data speeds are terrible. They generally average less than 150kbps. Thankfully we have wimax. My 4g speeds in the city are in the 2-6mbps range.

Are you ready to hop on Clearwire LTE when it becomes available in the near future?

Are you ready to hop on Clearwire LTE when it becomes available in the near future?

I would end up getting my lte through sprint, not directly from clearwire. Plus I doubt clearwire would have lte running before sprint.

I would end up getting my lte through sprint, not directly from clearwire. Plus I doubt clearwire would have lte running before sprint.

What do you think about T-Mobile LTE? Would you ever give it a try in the future?

What do you think about T-Mobile LTE? Would you ever give it a try in the future?

I guess that would depend on whether my current provider (Sprint) was meeting my needs - whether cost wise or performance wise. The answer to this will vary based on service area, etc. - since some providers are much stronger in certain areas than others - as well as the phones made available by the providers.

I'm a tad confused, though. You're asking tons of broad questions without any apparent goal (other than possibly testing receptiveness to people moving to T-Mobile.)

Each provider is going to have it's strong, and weak, points on any given day of the week. I tend to look at what the providers are "providing" for in the near future. I tend to like the current outlook of Sprint, so it would take a lot to make me move providers.

I have no doubt that T-Mobile's LTE will be faster, and probably will be faster by quite a big amount. But there are reason behind that. Simply because T-Mobile doesn't have as much customers as Sprint. They are also deploying it last, so they have a pretty good idea of what to do.

I had T-Mobile before I switched, I loved the HSPA+ it was fast and I would say in my area just as good as LTE. Problem was the limited data plans. I went through that 5GB data plan like it was nothing.

Once again, T-Mobile's LTE might be faster but the deployment on highways will never happen. On my way from New York City to Knoxville Tennessee, I never got a HSPA+ signal unless I was entering a major city. Heck I had 1G (GPRS) 65% of the time, and 2G 30%. The HSPA only covered (in my book) 5% of the ride. This was a ride that lasted for 12ish hours. T-Mobile basically forgot about 3G, anywhere there is 3G 4G covers it already, and I have only gotten a 3G signal 4 times on my T-Mobile phone in 11 months of travel.

My brother would mock me as he had 3G from Sprint all across the highways...

Sure you can enjoy fast speeds, but you lose them the second you leave a city. And if there was one thing I learned from T-Mobile it was: Cover cities before anyone else so we have a huge list of covered areas, but don't cover any of the highways.

I also had problems with customer service, in which a representive told me to ETF.

Just my 2 cents about T-Mobile.

Take my advice about T-Mobile's speeds being faster on your own watch, for all I know, Sprint could blow us away and T-Mobile could launch with a slow LTE network. Just my guessing at work. =)

Nocturnal

Edited by nocturnal

I guess that would depend on whether my current provider (Sprint) was meeting my needs - whether cost wise or performance wise. The answer to this will vary based on service area, etc. - since some providers are much stronger in certain areas than others - as well as the phones made available by the providers.

I'm a tad confused, though. You're asking tons of broad questions without any apparent goal (other than possibly testing receptiveness to people moving to T-Mobile.)

Each provider is going to have it's strong, and weak, points on any given day of the week. I tend to look at what the providers are "providing" for in the near future. I tend to like the current outlook of Sprint, so it would take a lot to make me move providers.

I am actually very interested on waiting to hop onto Clearwire LTE.

http://www.clearwire.com/company/featured-story