Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Great to see it finally happened. Sadly, most of us here had been hopeful for September....2013.

What I dont understand is the towers that went LTE live. I thought the whole point of waiting for a cluster launch...was that it was all systems go? That doesnt seem the case.

Or am I confused about that?

Good day for Fresno. Now NV 1.0 is completed and it is time for LTE and NV 2.0. It is a matter of time before Sprint being the fastest and most reliable network in Fresno.

Not quite yet. Site spacing is still poor, especially downtown and in the new neighborhoods (ie, anything build post 2000)

Next step is more towers.

Just realized that there's one site in fresno that was not accepted even for 3G.

Ironically, the one location that has had 4G since 2009...

What I dont understand is the towers that went LTE live. I thought the whole point of waiting for a cluster launch...was that it was all systems go? That doesnt seem the case.

Cluster launches were for 1x/EVDO, otherwise the handoff between cell sites would drive everyone insane with dropped calls from 1 site to the next. LTE goes live once backhaul is in place, and the integration techs make it to the site. As for site spacing, LTE 800 and 1x800 voice will take care of that. Fresno county will be getting LTE 800 unlike Tulare county thanks to San Bernardino County and their SMR system they perpetually refuse to replace/upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 4

LTE has never been cluster launched anywhere. Just 3G. After the cluster launch, then LTE is brought online at each site one at a time as each site has backhaul ready to go.

After a 3G cluster launch, there usually is a few weeks of consistent acceptanceas as all the sites that had backhaul ready before the cluster launch are brought online. Then it usually takes awhile to get the rest as backhaul is completed individually on the remaining sites.

• Like 1

Since 2012 :(

Great to see it finally happened. Sadly, most of us here had been hopeful for September....2013.

Not quite yet. Site spacing is still poor, especially downtown and in the new neighborhoods (ie, anything build post 2000)

Next step is more towers.

Ironically, the one location that has had 4G since 2009...

Glad to see Fresno finally getting LTE...the Bakersfield LTE has been on and off for some reason.  Hopefully it is because they are expanding it.

I know that the Kroll way tower is down until Oct 6th & really hope that they make us 100% LTE there are way to many pockets that keep going to slow 3G I am on LG G2 so since its a Spark phone it wants to get the best signal yet for me the LTE keeps dropping while signal strength is poor if  was on Panama ln I would get low bars & LTE speeds are just crap .76 mps sux

b270951fa2e827b9e3071f8c6836180c.jpg

Can't complain right now. It's been spotty and that's to be expected for a while. However, this is quite nice and it'll be nice to see the end result.

Edit: this is just off Bullard/Minnewawa.

Sent using Sprint SmokeSignals™

Edited by Losaltosstudios

Been driving a bit and adding to sensorly. Getting varying speeds in Clovis, though all are decent - some are even pretty awesome.9c20268b9ef03611af77fc547c59d580.jpg

...just wish that rodeo grounds tower would get going lol.

Edited by Losaltosstudios

Been driving a bit and adding to sensorly. Getting varying speeds in Clovis, though all are decent - some are even pretty awesome.9c20268b9ef03611af77fc547c59d580.jpg

...just wish that rodeo grounds tower would get going lol.

Whoah! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Can not wait until all of Fresno is up and running with speeds like these :)

Edited by YazMan387

Well does anyone have an idea if the New CEO will be getting Spark/LTE to be fully blanketed all of Kern Co so that we no longer have any more gaps? with 3G or lose of signal strength?

If there are already permits out, then those sites will be done, but the ones that don't have permits will be prioritized out until eventually all sites will finally be completed.

If there are already permits out, then those sites will be done, but the ones that don't have permits will be prioritized out until eventually all sites will finally be completed.

yet what are time lines for these to finish up everything to we have to wait another few years?

yet what are time lines for these to finish up everything to we have to wait another few years?

I'm going to guess that the last sites to get Band 41 LTE upgrades will probably be late 2015, early 2016.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

It appears my LTE problems were actually more related to my phone....I have a Galaxy 4 and apparently there was an upgrade that came out recently.  I did a PRL update and it reset...now it's back to being good.

• Like 1

It appears my LTE problems were actually more related to my phone....I have a Galaxy 4 and apparently there was an upgrade that came out recently.  I did a PRL update and it reset...now it's back to being good.

yet what side of town are you on?  

Edited by Nextel49