Sprint can never win

centermedic

I think that if Sprint executes well on its Network Vision plans and starts making money, people's perception of Sprint will change. Until that time, Sprint will have to buckle down and execute.

As with all facets of life, some people were born to bitch and moan.

True. But it seems as if Sprint is always considered an also ran by folks who do reviews and then when they do include sprint in reviews and comparisons they seem to go out of their way to say something negative while the exact same phone will be on another carrier and they will sing its praises.

As with all facets of life, some people were born to bitch and moan.

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!

• Like 1

Until peoples cell phones work as advertised they will complain. I don't see anything wrong with that.

You have to agree that Sprint has been letting their network die a slow death. Only now are they trying to revive it, trying to give it one last chance.

There are a lot of fatalists out there. But when you remove Nextel subscribers from the numbers, Sprint is doing OK and not losing customers. I think most people are in a wait and see mode.

There are even millions more who want to switch to Sprint. They are just waiting to see how NV goes. Once entire markets start completing NV, and the "all clear" siren is blasted, people will start coming to Sprint in good numbers. NV is critical to Sprint's survival and future successes.

In my personal sphere, I get more and more people than ever before asking me questions about Sprint. Because they are interested in jumping. Some have. Some are waiting a little longer for improvements. Some are just riding out the end of their contracts to switch. I always give them an honest assessment. And some have said, nevermind.

However, there are a lot of people starting to root for Sprint. They want Sprint and NV to be successful. They want another viable option. And Sprint has a great opportunity. They need to continue with NV at full throttle, they need to keep the device lineup of awesome devices moving and they need to keep pushing the unlimited differentiation.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I think we look at this in a very narrow scope (network performance).

If you look at Sprint's voluntary churn (more practically total churn) - you will see that overall, people are pretty satisfied with Sprint. Do they have churn metrics like Verizon? No - but it is an improving story.

The number one cause of voluntary churn, or people leaving Sprint voluntary, was, according to Dan Hesse, no iPhone. Once they got the iPhone Sprint actually had more people port in from other carriers than port out - even with the sub-par data speeds.

So the way I look at it is - if the majority of Sprint customers are ok with the network speeds now, wait until network vision is done and I think we will see churn continue to go down (increased satisfaction).

If you look at what sprint has done (improve customer service, improve handset selection, now improve the network), it's trending in the right direction.

I think one of the last things they need to work on is improve their Information Technology department. Their antiquated customer service tools (billing for example) really need to be updated.

I think we look at this in a very narrow scope (network performance).

If you look at Sprint's voluntary churn (more practically total churn) - you will see that overall' date=' people are pretty satisfied with Sprint. Do they have churn metrics like Verizon? No - but it is an improving story.

The number one cause of voluntary churn, or people leaving Sprint voluntary, was, according to Dan Hesse, no iPhone. Once they got the iPhone Sprint actually had more people port in from other carriers than port out - even with the sub-par data speeds.

So the way I look at it is - if the majority of Sprint customers are ok with the network speeds now, wait until network vision is done and I think we will see churn continue to go down (increased satisfaction).

If you look at what sprint has done (improve customer service, improve handset selection, now improve the network), it's trending in the right direction.

I think one of the last things they need to work on is improve their Information Technology department. Their antiquated customer service tools (billing for example) really need to be updated.[/quote']

What's wrong with their billing?

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

What's wrong with their billing?

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Nothing that I know of, they upgraded the support and billing systems after the Nextel purchase.

Remember the horror stories of people being on two different billing systems?

Nothing that I know of, they upgraded the support and billing systems after the Nextel purchase.

Remember the horror stories of people being on two different billing systems?

Business customers are still on a different billing system. My bills design is totally different from my friends business bill.

There are a lot of fatalists out there. But when you remove Nextel subscribers from the numbers' date=' Sprint is doing OK and not losing customers. I think most people are in a wait and see mode.

There are even millions more who want to switch to Sprint. They are just waiting to see how NV goes. Once entire markets start completing NV, and the "all clear" siren is blasted, people will start coming to Sprint in good numbers. NV is critical to Sprint's survival and future successes.

In my personal sphere, I get more and more people than ever before asking me questions about Sprint. Because they are interested in jumping. Some have. Some are waiting a little longer for improvements. Some are just riding out the end of their contracts to switch. I always give them an honest assessment. And some have said, nevermind.

However, there are a lot of people starting to root for Sprint. They want Sprint and NV to be successful. They want another viable option. And Sprint has a great opportunity. They need to continue with NV at full throttle, they need to keep the device lineup of awesome devices moving and they need to keep pushing the unlimited differentiation.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner[/quote']

Right on. There are people here who have asked me about unlimited data. As rural sprint coverage is non existant here, many of them end up " not an option" at the end of the convo.... but still, the growth potential of their current offering is incredible.

I'm still rooting for them. I hope to be able to give them another look in a few years. Until then, I just can't justify paying them for nothing. Yesterday, all day long, I didn't manage one speedtest over 78kbps. Average was around 40kbps.

I don't even bother complaining or calling them anymore. Just not worth the headache.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I get EDGE like speeds in many areas and about double that in most. It's enough to stream pandora, check the news, post here and other things. Would I like to have faster speeds to be able to stream video? Absolutely!

However, with Sprint's revolutionary family plans which include shared Unlimited Data, they can't be beat for my family. We are a six person family that all wanted smart phones and a bill that wasn't sky high, so for us Sprint is the ONLY option (save US Cellular but we had a bad customer service experience with them).

This pretty much sums up how my Sprint data experience is right now though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeGCSvueM8&feature=related

• Like 1