4G in SFL/Ft Lauderdale on June 6th?

russel_sfl

That is what the customer service rep said her "supervisor" told her, or did they just want me off the phone?

So I am a new sprint user with the Samsung Nexus and 90% of the time I have 2 or 3 bars and slow 3g connection. I am in South FL, the 33322 to be exact. I came from TMO, what a mistake to come to Sprint, but the discount I get...Im a Comcast employee. I DL'd an app that supposedly shows me my tower location. So one day i parked under my nearest tower and still only have 2-3 bars and slow 3g. Anyways, I am a tech, and I know looking at websites and reading blogs doesn't get a user all the true info. SO, is there a sprint tech out there in the sunrise fl/ft lauderdale area that can tell me whats going on in this area?? i have a nice phone paying top dollar getting crappy service!

Technicians are working hard to deliver speed and capacity all around the country. Also according to S4GRU the Miami market which includes your location is going to start getting LTE up and running this Fall and should be finished by the beginning of 2013

• Like 2

That is what the customer service rep said her "supervisor" told her' date=' or did they just want me off the phone?

So I am a new sprint user with the Samsung Nexus and 90% of the time I have 2 or 3 bars and slow 3g connection. I am in South FL, the 33322 to be exact. I came from TMO, what a mistake to come to Sprint, but the discount I get...Im a Comcast employee. I DL'd an app that supposedly shows me my tower location. So one day i parked under my nearest tower and still only have 2-3 bars and slow 3g. Anyways, I am a tech, and I know looking at websites and reading blogs doesn't get a user all the true info. SO, is there a sprint tech out there in the sunrise fl/ft lauderdale area that can tell me whats going on in this area?? i have a nice phone paying top dollar getting crappy service![/quote']

Are you a troll... ? get lost... there's no June 6th launch date.

• Like 1

That is what the customer service rep said her "supervisor" told her' date=' or did they just want me off the phone?

So I am a new sprint user with the Samsung Nexus and 90% of the time I have 2 or 3 bars and slow 3g connection. I am in South FL, the 33322 to be exact. I came from TMO, what a mistake to come to Sprint, but the discount I get...Im a Comcast employee. I DL'd an app that supposedly shows me my tower location. So one day i parked under my nearest tower and still only have 2-3 bars and slow 3g. Anyways, I am a tech, and I know looking at websites and reading blogs doesn't get a user all the true info. SO, is there a sprint tech out there in the sunrise fl/ft lauderdale area that can tell me whats going on in this area?? i have a nice phone paying top dollar getting crappy service![/quote']

Network Vision is just now getting underway in the Miami/West Palm market. Ericsson should be mobilizing with their subcontractors at this time. It will take 7-9 months to completely finish every site in the market. Sprint is not just slapping up some LTE panels on their existing sites, but rather rebuilding their entire network and converting every site into a multimodal site. They will be replacing every single piece of equipment at every site except for the tower structure itself.

If you parked under a site and only had two to three bars, then either the app you were using was inaccurate (which happens all the time) or you were not connected to that site. CDMA devices do not connect to the nearest tower, but the best tower based on a ratio your device uses.

You will see relief incrementally every month, site by site, until the whole market is complete in Spring 2013. However, I wouldn't expect anything June 6th. Perhaps one of the techs you talked to saw there is a temporary network fix slated for a tower near you on the 6th?

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I know youre being sarcastic here so i agree but wanted to add that a majority of the time the "supervisor" is the rep next to them or just a random person.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

NO SIR. NO. NOT UH. he spoke to a supervisor/customer service rep, you are wrong robert. just walk it off.

LMAO, seems like you been in sarcastic mood recently. I swear, every time I see a post of yours I automatically start laughing because I know what I am about to read is probably gonna be funny as hell.

• Like 1