DeKalb IL, North Central, 60 miles west of Chicago

I went searching at the 3 known towers in my town to see if I could spy some NV cabinets. Just a thought, since DeKalb isn't slated for work until June....so off I went.

First antenna.....

2012-05-23+18.29.32.jpg

.....15 story retirement community....no cabinets for me to look at....

MOVING RIGHT ALONG....

Antenna 2

2012-05-23+18.38.29.jpg

even worse, right in the heart of campus....6 story apartment building. Cabinets were not even above ground, all conduit went into the ground.

Well what a large waste of time....on to Antenna 3....

2012-05-23+18.15.11.jpg

!!!!!!!! MAYBE?

2012-05-23+18.15.45.jpg

new flexible and rigid conduit, is it possible that my town is ahead of schedule??!!!

One thing I can tell you, the 3G speeds in town are still slow, so if these cabinets do hold the new equipment....its not running just yet, but it kind of made my night.

Another set of eyes would help to, if anyone can confirm what I'm seeing....that would also help.

The 3 towers that are pictured above, I did speed tests between 6:00pm and 7:00pm in the evening right below each tower, average speed was about .60Mbps down and .30Mbps up.....not exactly what I would think NV would give.

There is ONE NV active tower according to the maps shown in the Maps forum for Sponsors one town over that I went and visited. I was not able to take pictures as it is on a persons private farm property, but I was able to get 1.35Mbps down and .75Mbps up at about 5:30pm. So.......

Anyway, just wanted to share my nerdy evening with everyone.

• Like 5

That last picture looks like NV cabinets like we have seen from other Samsung sites. So, it's coming soon. The cabinets usually are set six weeks or more in advance. But seeing conduit runs already coming from them is a good sign.

Where is this location exactly, and I'll look it up for you.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Antenna 1 is CH60XC008

Antenna 2 is CH33XC900

and the cabinets pictured (Antenna 3) is CH33X046

The NV LIVE tower one town over I was talking about with the crazy 3G speeds is tower CH60X007

The NV LIVE tower one town over I was talking about with the crazy 3G speeds is tower CH60X007

Could you post some speedtest screenshots from this tower? I'm kinda curious how fast since I visit Sycamore every now and then

Cant do screen captures. Havent taken the time to root my recently replaced phone. I get 3x better connectivity in Sycamore than I do DeKalb though....

Sent from my Epic 4G (WiSuck) using Forum Runner

• 5 weeks later...
Could you post some speedtest screenshots from this tower? I'm kinda curious how fast since I visit Sycamore every now and then

Finally got a chance to run a speed test on that tower.

• Like 3

Awesome. Awesome to the max! *said like 80's guy from Futurestock episode of Futurama*

ThatGuy.jpg

Robert

• Like 5

That's great now if we can get speeds like this constantly I'll be happy

Keep in mind, these are 3G speeds you can look to get when NV installation is complete with a good backbone.

I am not getting eHRPD at this tower. Which is surprising, because its on the June schedule to go live.

Thats freakin awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I so can't wait till my tower goes live on the new backhaul.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Thats freakin awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I so can't wait till my tower goes live on the new backhaul.

I need to stay away from android for a bit. I initially read the bottom of your post as sent from my JellyBean iPhone4S. Then I was like, what? After about 5 seconds I realized it was meant jailbroken.

I need to stay away from android for a bit. I initially read the bottom of your post as sent from my JellyBean iPhone4S. Then I was like' date=' what? After about 5 seconds I realized it was meant jailbroken.[/quote']

LOL, oopsy! Perhaps you need to jump to iOS for a bit, eh? :P

• Like 1

LOL, oopsy! Perhaps you need to jump to iOS for a bit, eh? :P

Welcome back! Long time, no see.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Today my phone kept connecting for the 1st time to a weak b41 band at my house. Is this the an error from signal check,or the one close to the DeKalb oasis? I'm close to 1st street and Bethany rd.

post-9904-142042936186_thumb.jpg

Today my phone kept connecting for the 1st time to a weak b41 band at my house. Is this the an error from signal check,or the one close to the DeKalb oasis? I'm close to 1st street and Bethany rd.

It's not an error. That GCI has been recorded in our Premier market map as belonging to an 8T8R site a few miles away from your location. Of course, I can't say here which one, but suffice it to say that the site you're thinking of west of the oasis is apparently not the only 8T8R site that is currently broadcasting like a beast.

• Like 1