LG V20: LG's Next V10? (LG-LS997)

Arysyn

Turned in my note 7 today to preorder the V20 and to my surprise the local Radio Shack already had 2 in stock and offered me 1 and I took it. It's not a Note 7 but is built very solid and has a beautiful display. Micro sd card slot and removable battery is a nice option and i just couldn't find anything else I was going to be happy with. The tiny always on display is a nice touch also

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I doubt they will lose thier job but we arent supposed to sell til the 28th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

After 2 Note 7's and then an S7Edge which i truly didn't like I went to a Sprint Corporate store yesterday and traded that in for an LG V20.

Great phone. The screen to me is so much more useful without those stupid curved sides. Build quality id excellent and I far prefer the aluminum to the glass back.

Battery has been excellent with almost no loss when idle.

I wear hearing aids and all phones are tough for me on the earpiece speaker and the little bottom speakers but so far, this is the best and clearest device for my ears that I have ever had.

WIFI calling works perfectly. WIFI in general is the fastest I have experienced....definitely beats my previous Samsung devices.

This phone runs much smoother than either the N7 or S7E did for me.

As for the screen....different but beautiful. I have it set with the blue light filter set to low to lower the color temp from the normal way to high 9000 K temp. As a photographer, the images on this look as good as they did on my Samsung devices....just a little bit different. 

• Like 1

I am so used to Samsung's TouchWiz ui it's hard to get used to the plain LG ui. But I have to say the phone itself is very nice. Apps open quickly, the camera is great, and the battery is decent.

Can any report on how the antenna is on the v20? I upgraded my LG G2 to a Nexus 6 few month before the G4 came out. Then when the G4 came out I got it. I've been using a G4 since it came out. I purchased my V20 on Monday and I'm hoping the performance is better than the N6 and G4. Both of them only connect to 1900 3G or 1x800 in area I could sit on B25 or B26. 

Is their any selection possible for 3xCA on the ##debug# or ##data# screens? Screen shots would be great!! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N930P2 using Tapatalk

I have the same blank screen for band priorities when in edit.

The firmware does have support for 3xCA, but more work is needed. 653a44488d381f682368cda0924e2357.jpg6ed7fbf81707446589f95e8e5ef290fe.jpg288119c03cc167e4ea1ed4195dc82212.jpg

My speed tests showed 3xCA to be equal or slower to CA. LG was first with B41. Hopefully again. There could also be other settings needed.

I tried it at two sites.

• Like 1

• The firmware does have support for 3xCA, but more work is needed.

My speed tests showed 3xCA to be equal or slower to CA. LG was first with B41. Hopefully again. There could also be other settings needed.

I tried it at two sites.

I only see 2 EARFCN, am I missing something? 

• Like 1

I only see 2 EARFCN, am I missing something?

Oops, correct photo added.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• This has been approved.. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/fcc-approves-t-mobiles-deal-to-purchase-mint-mobile/  
    • In the conference call they had two question on additional spectrum. One was the 800 spectrum. They are not certain what will happen, thus have not really put it into their plans either way (sale or no sale). They do have a reserve level. Nationwide 800Mhz is seen as great for new technologies which I presume is IOT or 5g slices.  T-Mobile did not bite on use of their c-band or DOD.  mmWave rapidly approaching deadlines not mentioned at all. FWA brushes on this as it deals with underutilized spectrum on a sector by sector basis.  They are willing to take more money to allow FWA to be mobile (think RV or camping). Unsure if this represents a higher priority, for example, FWA Mobile in RVs in Walmart parking lots working where mobile phones need all the capacity. In terms of FWA capacity, their offload strategy is fiber through joint ventures where T-Mobile does the marketing, sales, and customer support while the fiber company does the network planning and installation.  50%-50% financial split not being consolidated into their books. I think discussion of other spectrum would have diluted the fiber joint venture discussion. They do have a fund which one use is to purchase new spectrum. Sale of the 800Mhz would go into this. It should be noted that they continue to buy 2.5Ghz spectrum from schools etc to replace leases. They will have a conference this fall  to update their overall strategies. Other notes from the call are 75% of the phones on the network are 5g. About 85% of their sites have n41, n25, and n71, 90% 5g.  93% of traffic is on midband.  SA is also adding to their performance advantage, which they figure is still ahead of other carriers by two years. It took two weeks to put the auction 108 spectrum to use at their existing sites. Mention was also made that their site spacing was designed for midrange thus no gaps in n41 coverage, while competitors was designed for lowband thus toggles back and forth for n77 also with its shorter range.  
    • The manual network selection sounds like it isn't always scanning NR, hence Dish not showing up. Your easiest way to force Dish is going to be forcing the phone into NR-only mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu?), since rainbow sims don't support SA on T-Mobile.
    • "The company’s unique multi-layer approach to 5G, with dedicated standalone 5G deployed nationwide across 600MHz, 1.9GHz, and 2.5GHz delivers customers a consistently strong experience, with 85% of 5G traffic on sites with all three spectrum bands deployed." Meanwhile they are very close to a construction deadline June 1 for 850Mhz of mmWave in most of Ohio covering 27500-28350Mhz expiring 6/8/2028. No reported sightings.  Buildout notice issue sent by FCC in March 5, 2024 https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/letterPdf/LetterPdfController?licId=4019733&letterVersionId=178&autoLetterId=13060705&letterCode=CR&radioServiceCode=UU&op=LetterPdf&licSide=Y&archive=null&letterTo=L  No specific permits seen in a quick check of Columbus. They also have an additional 200Mhz covering at 24350-25450 Mhz and 24950-25050Mhz with no buildout date expiring 12/11/2029.
    • T-Mobile Delivers Industry-Leading Customer, Service Revenue and Profitability Growth in Q1 2024, and Raises 2024 Guidance https://www.t-mobile.com/news/business/t-mobile-q1-2024-earnings — — — — — I find it funny that when they talk about their spectrum layers they're saying n71, n25, and n41. They're completely avoiding talking about mmWave.