LG V20: LG's Next V10? (LG-LS997)

Arysyn

The only downsides ive found vs the note 7 have been the slightly taller design and the slightly worse battery life. (but recharge speed is stupendous)

Everything else has been a home run for me. Especially its BT performance in terms of range and quality.

As the starter of this thread, it could be assumed that this device is my prime interest in device choice. Unfortunately though, I tried three units of the V20, all of which had bad displays. The first one had light bleed throughout the center of the display by haloed whites/greys. The second one had the same issue, though not quite as pronounced. The worse issue it had was light leakage of a pinkish/light red near the top right of the display. The third one had the pink in larger area of the display, though at least none of the other light issues that plagued the other two.

Anyways, it was bad enough. Sad though, since the features, especially the audio were great. Since this happened, I decided not to sell the ZTE Axon 7 I received about a month ago from winning in a contest early in the summer. Surprising to me, the Axon 7 I got is in great condition, so I'll use it for now. Hopefully LG will use a better display for the V20 successor.

Sorry you had this experience, Arysyn. I am absolutely loving my V20 - not experiencing any of these issues. It sounds like LG has a quality control issue in manufacturing they need to work out. Perhaps later runs of this model will not have this defect.

• Like 1

We now have 5 in our family....all Note 7 replacements and not one of them is showing light bleed unless I really stare and look for it in a dark room. Zero impact in normal use.

Personally I find the battery life better than my Note 7 and it does recharge in a very short amount if time.

I do miss the water resistance as I have a Koi pond and drowned my prior Note 5 before the Note 7 twice this summer. Will just have to be careful.

I wear hearing aids and call quality through the earpiece and speaker quality are miles better than any Samsung device I ever owned...and I have have had every Note.

The one downfall is the camera. Yes, in manual mode I can get great images (landscape and wildlife photographer in my spare time so I do know manual shooting) but for my regular job where I do a lot of construction documentation, the auto mode on this is really sub par compared to the N7 or S7 Edge. 

I find the screen to be excellent...and that is coming from a photographer who has all three of my computer screens fully calibrated.

The one thing I dislike about the screen is that I do a final perusal of the news when I get into bed...and this screen simply doesn't go low enough for my eyes even when I have the yellow filter on high.

Overall...I love the phone and don't worry about the glass on the back breaking every time I look at it cross eyed as there isn't any...and I don't miss those stupid N7 and S7E utterly useless to me curves which make the screen appear smaller than it actually is. 

• Like 3

Staggered rollout...No one I know has it enabled yet.

Sent from my LG V20

The article wasn't clear to me... is it only for Google devices right now (Nexus, Pixel) or is it going to be all Android devices on Sprint? It sounded like it was only Google devices for now.

The article wasn't clear to me... is it only for Google devices right now (Nexus, Pixel) or is it going to be all Android devices on Sprint? It sounded like it was only Google devices for now.

LG comes pre loaded with Google's messenger app. And they have mentioned LG specifically in the press release.

Sorry you had this experience, Arysyn. I am absolutely loving my V20 - not experiencing any of these issues. It sounds like LG has a quality control issue in manufacturing they need to work out. Perhaps later runs of this model will not have this defect.

The V20 has a lot of great features that if someone has a good device of it, will definitely love the phone. The dac certainly is great and I miss the larger display of it compared with the Axon 7 and the second screen on it too. Perhaps AT&T is getting worse units of the V20, as I had display issues on the Samsung S7 Active I had, which has me thinking AT&T is selling faulty units, or at least a higher risk of it. Whereas, I've had much better experiences with unlocked devices. I may try again getting a V20 on B&H or NewEgg in the future as an option if I end up deciding I need a larger display, etc.

Just got my B&O headphones. Build quality is questionable and dont look like much. But i gotta say they are very balanced, and the DAC makes a noticeable difference, also surprised at how loud they get, I am mildly impressed.

Are they worth $150? Nope! They perform at about $80 bud, which is to say pretty decently for everyday use. I just wish the wire were threaded and or less brittle.

• Like 1

Are they worth $150? Nope! They perform at about $80 bud, which is to say pretty decently for everyday use. I just wish the wire were threaded and or less brittle.

Good to know. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. I might not open them. I'll just put them on Craigslist for $100 and take the best offer. I'm not a big fan of earbuds anyway.

I love the phone though. I came from a Note 4. Huge upgrade especially the camera.

• Like 1

42bb0997bdec6e27ac59f6fefbf49c5c.jpg

Got to see the 3xCA at work. A fix for the wonky Engineering screens is to set the LTE CA in the ##DATA# Menu to 41D/25A, This also enables 3xCA. Then all Engineering screen will look correct. You will need your msl to make the change though.

Sent from my LG V20

• Like 5

Got to see the 3xCA at work. A fix for the wonky Engineering screens is to set the LTE CA in the ##DATA# Menu to 41D/25A, This also enables 3xCA. Then all Engineering screen will look correct. You will need your msl to make the change though.

Sent from my LG V20

nice! speed test?

• Like 1

Cool, I picked up HTC bolt and can't find any live sites in the Columbus OH market....I'm talking to a new contact and he's trying to pin down some live 3xCA sites for me. He stated per the sprint release, the rollout has begun but towers might be sparse!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good to know. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. I might not open them. I'll just put them on Craigslist for $100 and take the best offer. I'm not a big fan of earbuds anyway.

I love the phone though. I came from a Note 4. Huge upgrade especially the camera.

Better camera than Note 4? That's good to know. I thought the Note 4 was a pretty good camera.