iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Plus the price drop leads to even better deals online. As the smart apple fans know, try/test at the apple store and go online to buy. Since you can add apple care to ones you buy from other retailers there's nothing to lose:P.

So far I haven't found anything to beat Apple's education discount for some reason. If you find on to beat it, let me know. I'm going to spend $1579 at Apple for the 13" retina with 2.6GHz Core i5, 256GB Flash drive and 16GB RAM.

I spend 90% of my day in Photoshop/Illustrator/XCode - I need every ounce of RAM I can get.

I recommend no less than 8GB RAM if you are using Photoshop. Xcode can be used well with 4GB.

So far I haven't found anything to beat Apple's education discount for some reason. If you find on to beat it, let me know. I'm going to spend $1579 at Apple for the 13" retina with 2.6GHz Core i5, 256GB Flash drive and 16GB RAM.

http://www.adorama.com/ACMGX82LLA1Z.html?utm_term=TpEzXxSNQTm3xcS1HmT%3aO1UaUkQ3ikz281sbUw0&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid91004

with 3 years of applecare. Register for adroama VIP account which says its free and the price drops down to $1649

http://www.adorama.com/ACMGX82LLA1Z.html?utm_term=TpEzXxSNQTm3xcS1HmT%3aO1UaUkQ3ikz281sbUw0&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid91004

with 3 years of applecare. Register for adroama VIP account which says its free and the price drops down to $1649

That would work. That would be cheaper than the education store pricing of 1762 with AppleCare. :tu:

• Like 1

That would work. That would be cheaper than the education store pricing of 1762 with AppleCare. :tu:

I think it only charges tax in certain states too. I just read it and it says its temporarily out of stock.. Not sure why apple insider hasn't updated the status on it yet then...

It is temporarily, so they know they're getting more in.

Well for one thing during major sales, such as tax free weekend, best buy usually has a better price than apple and they price match apples edu discount.

Here's the 13.3: i5, 512gb ssd, but only 8gb of ram for $1189.30. http://vytox.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=10511

Here's another 13.3: same specs as the one above but only 256gb ssd for 979.30. http://vytox.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=10520

Or here's the 15.4 inch: i7, 512gb ssd, 16gb ram for $1714.30. http://vytox.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=10510

I think it only charges tax in certain states too. I just read it and it says its temporarily out of stock.. Not sure why apple insider hasn't updated the status on it yet then...

It is temporarily, so they know they're getting more in.

That model hasn't come in yet across the board. Apple is saying 1-3 days shipping time on their site.

Well for one thing during major sales, such as tax free weekend, best buy usually has a better price than apple and they price match apples edu discount.

Best Buy price matches? Nice!

I recommend no less than 8GB RAM if you are using Photoshop. Xcode can be used well with 4GB.

Totally -- I max out all of my machines with RAM if I'm able... between Max RAM and SSDs, those machines are going to last a long time.

• Like 1

Best Buy price matches? Nice!

They don't advertise it, why would they it cost them money lol. Yes they do price match, I was a lead at the main one in the Missouri area for awhile and we did it all the time. If you go in to the computer section and are nice and explain that you know they do price match the majority of employees will help get it done for you, or get a manager who will take care of you. Saying something like you came to shop at best buy instead of the apple store because you prefer their customer service or something like that always helps. Even if its not completely true, it honestly makes them more willing to help after dealing with usually stupid and/or douche people all day that one nice person (you) gets special treatment and less resistance on extra deals (aka edu matching).

We started doing this when the apple experience centers were installed(the apple section of the PC area).

• Like 1

iPhone nerds unite! Recode has learned that Apple has set a media event for September 9th. That's only 5 weeks from now.

http://recode.net/2014/08/05/codered-apple-to-hold-iphone-event-on-sept-9/

Excellent timing -- I'll have my 0% interest Barclaycard Apple Financing Visa paid off by then. Just in time for a new purchase!

• Like 2

Excellent timing -- I'll have my 0% interest Barclaycard Apple Financing Visa paid off by then. Just in time for a new purchase!

I'll have my iPhone paid off by the end of August so I can get one on EasyPay when it's released.

• Like 2

I'll have my iPhone paid off by the end of August so I can get one on EasyPay when it's released.

I think I'm going full retail on this one. I have a 64GB Black iPhone 5S that should get me somewhat close to what I'd fetch as a subsidized price.

I think I'm going full retail on this one. I have a 64GB Black iPhone 5S that should get me somewhat close to what I'd fetch as a subsidized price.

I have a Gold 64GB, but I think I'm going to pass it down to my friend like I gave her my iPhone 5.

I am not sure what I will do! My phone is literally brand new. Maybe I'll give it to a friend to sell in Ecuador and get like 800 bucks for it. Then go get me a 32 gb

Oh that's right, you just got yours replaced last month, wasn't it?

Let us hope that all of the production rumors are not valid.  Even if the 5.5" i6 becomes available in October or November, as soon as it is available for preorder, I will be heading to my local Sprint Store that I do business with, place my order and wait for the call when it comes in.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KVRARDC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

Just got this phone case today. I like it. I am going to have to do some field testing and see how the very thin aluminum band effects the cell signal... If at all. I went outside and stood in the same spot and took the band off, and back on and it didn't seem to effect signal. Very satisfied with this case

Edit: watched another video review online and it appears that the person had the same experience with signal reception as me. Little to no effect at all. I might actually keep using a phone case now lol.

Holy shit. If that's even remotely true, it's huge win. And when Sprint's 800Mhz signal can finally penetrate my office walls, keeping me from 1x/Extended all day, I'll have a battery that's capable of lasting all day without a charge. 

• Like 2

Holy shit. If that's even remotely true, it's huge win. And when Sprint's 800Mhz signal can finally penetrate my office walls, keeping me from 1x/Extended all day, I'll have a battery that's capable of lasting all day without a charge. 

Dang, if the 4.7 has 2100 mAh, makes me wonder how big the 5.5 will be?  3000?

• Like 1