Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Awesome. I've been to Hagerstown recently, which is totally saturated with LTE. And I see Sensorly showing it rapidly expanding towards Frederick (it's east of Frederick on I-70, and east of Frederick on I-70), figured it wouldn't be long. Most important to me are the towers just north of Frederick up near Fort Detrick. Thanks for the info.

Rather, west of Frederick and east of Frederick on I-70. hehe.

Rather, west of Frederick and east of Frederick on I-70. hehe.

Shentel did Hagerstown but they will not go into Frederick. You are dependent on the Washington, DC group to find time to take care of you.

Added sensorly data along Union Deposit and 22. Impressed how quickly coverage is expanding. Also, Shentel has upgraded another site along Rt. 39 near the interesection with Colonial Rd. which isn't broadcasting LTE yet.

I was able to run sensorly up rt39 and colonial rd and there is definitely a strong lte signal there now. Ill be up that way later and will try to map more. Good find!!

Edited by shazam623

I mapped US11 from Winchester down to New Market and back up I81 to Strasburg and then to Front Royal and up US522 back to Winchester. I even side tracked to Shentel's HQ in Edinburg (it's been a few years since I was in there for training). My phone absolutely refused to connect in Front Royal even running in LTE only but i was able to add about 6000 LTE points on my journey.

l

I mapped US11 from Winchester down to New Market and back up I81 to Strasburg and then to Front Royal and up US522 back to Winchester. I even side tracked to Shentel's HQ in Edinburg (it's been a few years since I was in there for training). My phone absolutely refused to connect in Front Royal even running in LTE only but i was able to add about 6000 LTE points on my journey.

Great Work, BakedC4. I did some similar work. Look at I-81 between Hagerstown, Md & Chambersburg, Pa. I traveled parallel to I-81 on both the East and West sides. Just stayed back maybe a mile or two as the roads allowed. We need a few more people to download the Sensorly app and take their Cell phone for a scenic tour of the area.I try to travel some alternate routes as i am out moving around.

Just noticed that someone mapped some new LTE in Hershey, PA in the past day. Early Christmas present for me. I would do some of my own on the way to work through there, but sadly I'm on of "those guys" with an iPhone.

• Like 1

Boonsboro, Md

Sharpsburg, Md

You have Sprint 4G LTE. Look at Sensorly.com. I have driven over your main roads and Sensorly will show you that LTE is there. I only lost LTE when I went over creeks that are naturally on "Low Land". LTE is on the secondary roads in most cases too, I just did NOT drive every last road in the area.

Shepherdstown, WV Look at Sensorly.com too. I did enter your town from Sharpsburg and LTE was there. Sorry, I just did not have enough time to drive your main routes. Shepherd college is in a strong coverage area. Shepherd students should be happy.

• Like 1

I drove from Radford, VA up to 66 and beyond and found the LTE coverage more spotty than Sensorly would have you believe. I had an excellent signal in and around Harrisonburg but lost it and picked it up repeatedly on 81 before getting a more solid stretch of LTE before 66. I ran Sensorly the entire way. 2200 points of LTE.

As soon as I got on 66, however, my signal went away except for a tiny blip.

The highest speed achieve was 34 mbps around Harrisonburg, 8 mbps up.

I believe there is a new tower, not sure where in Hershey, that has been upgraded to LTE. Signal started around Cocoa Avenue heading south and stayed with me until the intersection of Rt 743 and Homestead Rd. There was not LTE signal on this stretch of road last week which leads me to believe that an additional tower has been upgraded.

Sorry I'm in iPhone guy otherwise I would map it on my commute.

Anyone in the area feel like putting some more points on Sensorly?

During my adventures today I was back in the Hershey area. I ran Sensorly on the main routes around town. I wanted to get a little more mapped since I was only able to do a quick driveby last week. The center of town and tourist attractions have good coverage. I also checked the southside of town, Hershey Medical Center, Hummelstown and Palmyra. No coverage yet for those areas.

• Like 1

This coming summer, i will be traveling from my hometown in Butler, PA, to Westfield, Indiana, and i will be running sensorly the entire trip from PA, across ohio, and into parts of Indiana. Hopefully i get something while im on my way down there lol.

And i will be traveling to Hershey, PA in january for the FBLA regional events, so i will use sensorly on my trip up there as well.

I remember my days in the FBLA. Good times.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

The tower on the Exxon sign at exit 317 on I81 is now active, battery has been to low to map it but I got a speed test https://www.dropbox....%2021.40.38.png.

A tower has been turned on around Route 37 and US 50 but the signal quickly drops heading west after Rt37.

Also got some pictures of the Sprint and AT&T equipment on top of the George Washington Hotel. Unfortunately Shentel hasn't started the upgrade on it and it will be about a year before I can get back on the roof. Sorry for some of the images being sideways, the accelerometer has stopped working on my phone. https://www.dropbox....w7b0/yfNcmqm5ew

• Like 1

During my adventures today I was back in the Hershey area. I ran Sensorly on the main routes around town. I wanted to get a little more mapped since I was only able to do a quick driveby last week. The center of town and tourist attractions have good coverage. I also checked the southside of town, Hershey Medical Center, Hummelstown and Palmyra. No coverage yet for those areas.

Near and at Hershey med center now has 4g. Even in the hospital I got 4g. It's all along 322 even east through Campbelltown. Mapped it with sensorly but hasn't shown up yet on there maps.

• Like 2

Robert, https://network.sprint.com/search/22601/ everywhere that it shows 2 data speed upgrades are active LTE towers and are in the right spots. The locations that only show 1 upgrade are towers that I have seen work being done in the past couple weeks. Hopefully that makes it a little easier to mark the towers and if you need any of them mapped that are close just let me know.

PS SH00VA011 in Middletown is on the wrong side of I81

• Like 1

Robert, https://network.spri...m/search/22601/ everywhere that it shows 2 data speed upgrades are active LTE towers and are in the right spots. The locations that only show 1 upgrade are towers that I have seen work being done in the past couple weeks. Hopefully that makes it a little easier to mark the towers and if you need any of them mapped that are close just let me know.

PS SH00VA011 in Middletown is on the wrong side of I81

I'm using that to marry up the Shentel LTE site number report I received on Black Friday with locations on the Sprint site. It's a slow process, but I have completed all the sites in PA, MD and WV. Will try working on the VA sites later this week. :tu:

Robert

• Like 1

I'm using that to marry up the Shentel LTE site number report I received on Black Friday with locations on the Sprint site. It's a slow process, but I have completed all the sites in PA, MD and WV. Will try working on the VA sites later this week. :tu:

Robert

I see some new PURPLE on Interstate 81 about 5 miles south of Carlisle, Pa. Shentel turned up another one.

I see some new PURPLE on Interstate 81 about 5 miles south of Carlisle, Pa. Shentel turned up another one.

Yep, and it will be in my next map update I post, too.

Robert