bigsnake49

New Verizon MVNO

Called Visible. $40/month for unlimited but limited to 5Mbps.

Funded by Verizon and you also only get 480p video.  They also need some design help on that website! 

18 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

Funded by Verizon and you also only get 480p video.  They also need some design help on that website! 

For somebody like me that likes to stream music, it can be great. Bu then I cache up to 12 hours using WiFi so the desire to stream is quenched by caching.

At $40/month, it seems like a steal to use on VZW's network. The 5 Mbps cap is good for pretty much anything I ever do on my phone. The only thing it lacks is any type of options for folks that travel internationally.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, red_dog007 said:

What's so bad about the website?

7 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

At $40/month, it seems like a steal to use on VZW's network. The 5 Mbps cap is good for pretty much anything I ever do on my phone. The only thing it lacks is any type of options for folks that travel internationally.

Or any kind of discounts for family plans.

9 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Or any kind of discounts for family plans.

Visible seems like an MVNO targeted at Millenials and older Gen-Z folks. While a lot of us are on family plans with our parents, there is also a lot of us on single line plans. This is basically the cheapest single line of unlimited on Verizon that you can get.

Love how they advertise 480p as crisp lol what a blurry mess.

• Love 1

iPhone only for now unless they changed that since last week when I read about them.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:44 PM, BlueAngel said:

Love how they advertise 480p as crisp lol what a blurry mess.

"Blurry mess" is hugely exaggerated. 480p is completely adequate on my iPhone 7 - most people will probably never know the difference. I just set Youtube to 480p and it looks crisp, I can barely tell the difference between 1080p and 480p.  

12 minutes ago, burnout8488 said:

"Blurry mess" is hugely exaggerated. 480p is completely adequate on my iPhone 7 - most people will probably never know the difference. I just set Youtube to 480p and it looks crisp, I can barely tell the difference between 1080p and 480p.  

Yikes. I can tell tell the difference between 1080p and 720p on my phone so there is no way I believe you can't tell the difference between 1080p and 480p. For what it's worth the iPhone 7 has a 1,334 x 750 display so you can't see better resolution than 720p on that screen.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, burnout8488 said:

You must have had eyes then lol, I see a huge difference.

• Like 2

Yikes. I can tell tell the difference between 1080p and 720p on my phone so there is no way I believe you can't tell the difference between 1080p and 480p. For what it's worth the iPhone 7 has a 1,334 x 750 display so you can't see better resolution than 720p on that screen.

Well you might be able to tell. YouTube uses different bitrates for the different resolutions. For example, if you force a video to load in 4k on a 1080p screen, it will look better than a video at 1080p from YouTube. When I upload videos to YouTube, I'll actually reencode a 1080p video as 4k for the upload, because YouTube won't degrade the quality as much as if it was 1080p (I've done side by side comparisons).

So in this case, a downsampled 1080p video will look better than one that's natively at 720p.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

On my Galaxy phone which is the S9 Plus. But the quality at 480p compared to 1080p is like jumping back to the 1990s and early 2000s.

For me that likes to stream music but very little video this will be a good service.

I don't mind seeing a Verizon version of Cricket/MetroPCS/Boost.  An option for tethering would also be nice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, avb said:

I don't mind seeing a Verizon version of Cricket/MetroPCS/Boost.  An option for tethering would also be nice.

7 hours ago, avb said:

I highly doubt Verizon would ever employ tethering for a mnvo