Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

When exactly did you order and was it online or through telesales?

Ordered at a Sprint store. Second day when allowed to pre order.

Ordered at a Sprint store. Second day when allowed to pre order.

Oh ok, I ordered through telesales on the morning of the 23rd but nothing yet.

I placed my order for a black S7 Edge this evening. I was going back and forth between the S7 and S7 edge...finally decided on the edge because it's still smaller than my iPhone 6S Plus, but it also weighs a good bit less. I'm pretty excited. Leaving the iOS ecosystem is tough...but I really do like Android with Touchwiz now that it's finally cleaned up. The camera on my Note 5 was better than the iPhone 6S Plus, so I'm confident in the S7 being even better. Waterproof and SD card is just the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet that at least one of us here will get it by tomorrow.

Let me also add that there have been many times I have ordered a phone and it showed up the same exact day they decided to send out tracking info. 

Nothing shows up on My UPS tracking screens, but I've had this happened to me too once before. I believe it was for the EVO 4G. Regardless, I do hope they are on their way. 

TS

• Like 1

Nothing shows up on My UPS tracking screens, but I've had this happened to me too once before. I believe it was for the EVO 4G. Regardless, I do hope they are on their way. 

TS

When did you order? And was it through telesales, online or in store?

When did you order? And was it through telesales, online or in store?

Ordered 2 Edges including 2 VR headsets on Feb 23rd at 4PM EST thru Sprint online. (I would have ordered earlier but I was in meetings all day that day). Got the enterpriseorderspport email minutes after. 

I seriously doubt they will be shipped before the 7th, but hey one never knows. 

In the meantime to pass the time I've been ordering all sorts of stuff for it. My Note Edge cases have shipped and should get here by end of week. I just ordered 2 200GB sd cards that are on sale on Amazon as well. 

Anticipation is a bitch. It's like waiting for that ketchup to come out of the bottle, so slow. lol

TS

• Like 4

Ordered 2 Edges including 2 VR headsets on Feb 23rd at 4PM EST thru Sprint online. (I would have ordered earlier but I was in meetings all day that day). Got the enterpriseorderspport email minutes after. 

I seriously doubt they will be shipped before the 7th, but hey one never knows. 

In the meantime to pass the time I've been ordering all sorts of stuff for it. My Note Edge cases have shipped and should get here by end of week. I just ordered 2 200GB sd cards that are on sale on Amazon as well. 

Anticipation is a bitch. It's like waiting for that ketchup to come out of the bottle, so slow. lol

TS

Same here, ordered two and have all my accessories on my desk, just waiting for the phones to show up.  A few people on sprint have already gotten tracking info that said theirs will be delivered today so there is still a small chance of getting it before the 7th.

Shipping info changed again. Orders will begin shipping the week of 3/7. Geez.

Smh, i don't even know what to think anymore.  At least a few people have confirmed that they already got shipping info from sprint and that they should be getting it today.  

• Like 1

Status:Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders will begin shipping the week of 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience.

========================

[EDIT2]  Nothing on UPS today.

Did anyone ever establish what buyers got the preferential treatment or even see proof of an actual Sprint delivery yet?

[EDIT1]  I ordered a black phone (in case color is the reason for a shortage)

5am central time on Feb 23rd via the Sprint website with a 2 year contract renewal.  I have not got a tracking number on the order status page (like I did for the VR) or an email (never did get one for the VR).

http://www.sprint.com/myorder/

Edited by SturgeonGeneral

I have tracking delivery by second-day air.  Per tracking my S7Es will be here tomorrow.

So did you actually get yours delivered today?

Phone call just for laughs.  No different information available.  The warehouse seems to be filling orders randomly.  No rhyme or reason.  Only  thing certain is that it definitely is not being done in order of placement up to this point.

Pure, dumb, luck of the draw.

So did you actually get yours delivered today?

It was shipped to the Sprint store and I cannot pick it up. BS. They said the 11th.

It was shipped to the Sprint store and I cannot pick it up. BS. They said the 11th.

Lmao, that sucks.

• Like 1

So now the next story is that they are actually honoring the Samsung release date and the whole early shipment thing is BS.

Amazing.  Why not just come clean and tell everyone?  Just games with customers to generate a "WTH are they doing?"

I can't believe that they posted all the changes they did on the order status site.  How do you tell the difference between an actual plan or a flip-flopping policy?

Anyone know enough about the relationship between Samsung and the carriers to guess if there is a chance this is Samsung now throwing their weight around to enforce a release date?

Well guys I'm about to make the jump to Sprint and I went to the store today to pre-order 2 S7 Edges for me and my wife and the associate told me that the warehouse no longer had any VR headsets! :( Dammit! He said they just got word this morning through their updated news that employees get (don't know what it's called?) that the "while supplies last" has been exhausted!

I ordered the phones anyway and will port over both lines next Friday the 11th..........

• Like 1

I agree^^^..........I don't know how many Samsung allotted of the VR headsets per carrier? I wonder if they allotted a certain amount for each carrier in equal proportions, or they did it by subs and Samsung market share per carrier to determine the amount they were giving away??

joshuam, on 02 Mar 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

It amazes me that year after year, all 4 carriers still struggle a lot with preorders for devices. You'd think they would figure it out by now.

I don't know if I want to blame the carriers for this one, it seems that all the major carriers already had plenty of stock but samsung are the ones telling them to wait before sending them out. Maybe the initial plan was for all the carriers to start sending them out on the 7th but then things changed when tmobile decided to just start shipping phones out as soon as it reached their warehouse, then sprint probably tried to do the same thing but samsung subsequently put a stop to all of it and told everyone to send them out on the 7th if you pre ordered. So I wonder if tmobile customers are still currently receiving shipments or have they been delayed to at least the 7th as well? Or maybe tmobile paid for a few extra days of exclusivity.

One possibility is that they didn't want any negative initial reviews by real users to tank sales.  The more they get sold before people REALLY know what they have got, the more momentum they give the process.

Another possibility is that it is marketing people being control freaks and caring more about hype than customers.

A third is that they're still in final testing and want to be able to push final patches at activation if that is possible.