Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

A second carrier? Why would i need that when i had a good Sprint connection?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Means double capacity. If your on a newer device that supports carrier aggregation you'll most likely see double speeds.

Try a speed test, you will most likely see a nice bump in speed.

• Like 3

My Note 4 is not carrier aggregation capable so its just a tease for me! LoL. Thanks for the info.

Every B41 capable device will see some benefit, regardless of supporting carrier aggregation or not. So go ahead and try a speed test and see if you get any increase in performance. Id estimate anywhere between 10-50% increase in speed.

• Like 1

Every B41 capable device will see some benefit, regardless of supporting carrier aggregation or not. So go ahead and try a speed test and see if you get any increase in performance. Id estimate anywhere between 10-50% increase in speed.

Yes, it was more on the 10% side....but it is a over capacity lone tower.

Yes, it was more on the 10% side....but it is a over capacity lone tower.

try doing the test at night where there would be less capacity to see what you get also I see you have the note 4 I know the Note 5 is able to do the double speeds I would like to see that happen faster here in Bakersfield 

yet whom does it belong to

Sprint owns a lot of 2.5GHz / band 41 spectrum (FCC shows 136MHz for Kern County, other areas in the Valley around 100MHz, etc) and each 2.5GHz carrier is a max size of 20MHz (total, not 20x20 since we're talking about TD-LTE). This is why Son bought Clearwire; to have this huge amount of spectrum that would benefit Sprint in the future. Sprint is currently deploying a second additional 2.5GHz carrier to boost data capacity, and on the new flagship phones that support carrier aggregation, can double their peak speeds. 

This also helps older Spark phones because they're able to access either of the new carriers (just not both at the same time) so they'll join the carrier with the most bandwidth available. For new flagships with CA, this is roughly the equivalent of when T-Mobile/Verizon went from 10x10/75Mbps to 20x20/150Mbps peak speeds.

Edited by Volaris
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty Quite on Here nobody has any more to talk about?

In general, compared to a year ago, I'd say my LTE signal is much more stable and widespread. Seems like Sprint has been busy properly optimizing the network and deploying band 26. Much improved compared to the weak 1900MHz LTE coverage I was used to back then! 

• Like 4

In general, compared to a year ago, I'd say my LTE signal is much more stable and widespread. Seems like Sprint has been busy properly optimizing the network and deploying band 26. Much improved compared to the weak 1900MHz LTE coverage I was used to back then! 

Yet what City are you in we here in Bakersfield Still don't have Band 26 & just found out we have had a tower down for 2 years & won't be up until March 

Down for 2 years? Yeah..... not sure that's true....

Yea talked to them myself the tower does not even give off a signal of any type pretty sad I go to the whole part & signal is only good with 3G & Voice from a Different tower that is not down 

Yet what City are you in we here in Bakersfield Still don't have Band 26 & just found out we have had a tower down for 2 years & won't be up until March 

I'm in Hanford, but often travel to/via Visalia, Lemoore, Kerman, Selma, Fowler, Fresno/Clovis, Madera, Merced, Tulare, Delano. 

Kings County was kinda late to the 800MHz LTE game so it was really sad for me to see LTE everywhere in Fresno County then come back home with horrible 1900MHz LTE. I felt like I was on 3G half the time around town (especially indoors!) - that was with all towers running LTE. Once band 26 became available it made a huge difference. I immediately started seeing LTE in locations I always had 3G. My phone would stick to LTE when shopping indoors. I'd say LTE finally started matching 3G coverage. For me, that's great! It's rare now to see 3G.

From my travels to Visalia, Tulare, and Delano it's definitely visible that Tulare and Kern Counties could benefit from 800MHz LTE. All I can say is that once Sprint is allowed to deploy it in those counties, LTE coverage will get much better.

Edited by Volaris
  • Like 1

I'm in Hanford, but often travel to/via Visalia, Lemoore, Kerman, Selma, Fowler, Fresno/Clovis, Madera, Merced, Tulare, Delano. 

Kings County was kinda late to the 800MHz LTE game so it was really sad for me to see LTE everywhere in Fresno County then come back home with horrible 1900MHz LTE. I felt like I was on 3G half the time around town (especially indoors!) - that was with all towers running LTE. Once band 26 became available it made a huge difference. I immediately started seeing LTE in locations I always had 3G. My phone would stick to LTE when shopping indoors. I'd say LTE finally started matching 3G coverage. For me, that's great! It's rare now to see 3G.

From my travels to Visalia, Tulare, and Delano it's definitely visible that Tulare and Kern Counties could benefit from 800MHz LTE. All I can say is that once Sprint is allowed to deploy it in those counties, LTE coverage will get much better.

We have like a total of 3 towers that give off 1X800 yet nothing else really sad to see this have to drive to LA tomorrow & always get bad coverage when at the Airport unless I am on the top half & they are supposed to have LTE Plus there went to to the Hollywood Stars last weekend did a speed test with my Daughters Note 5 & got the same Speeds with my LG G3

We have like a total of 3 towers that give off 1X800 yet nothing else really sad to see this have to drive to LA tomorrow & always get bad coverage when at the Airport unless I am on the top half & they are supposed to have LTE Plus there went to to the Hollywood Stars last weekend did a speed test with my Daughters Note 5 & got the same Speeds with my LG G3

In Southern California they have LTE Plus / Spark but not 800MHz LTE. There's definitely plenty of areas that will benefit from band 26 LTE down there. The dense Clearwire cell sites helped some, though. So things will improve for them after they get 800MHz LTE.

• Like 1

In Southern California they have LTE Plus / Spark but not 800MHz LTE. There's definitely plenty of areas that will benefit from band 26 LTE down there. The dense Clearwire cell sites helped some, though. So things will improve for them after they get 800MHz LTE.

well Valencia ca Has 1X800 now yet still no B26 I screenshot it when I was at FatBuger