Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Not trying to discourage by any means.  I have seen 4-5 in one day, then 2 or 3 the next, 1 or 2 in the next few days, etc. 

Get out and map 'em as they fire up to lay down some purple is the way to do it.

A few weeks ago there was a five day update with 26 acceptances. I was hoping the stream would be that steady from there on but after that I think it went way downhill. And the last 5 days I think we have had 3 altogether and the last 2 days were nothing at all.

A few weeks ago there was a five day update with 26 acceptances. I was hoping the stream would be that steady from there on but after that I think it went way downhill. And the last 5 days I think we have had 3 altogether and the last 2 days were nothing at all.

I know that feeling all too well.. In my city we had 2 in January then finally one Monday morning in April, 5 fired up. It was a LTE extravaganza on the drive to work. Now I have this weird ability of being able to add and subtract 169 from any number without thinking. Almost Rainman like.

There's a little more purple between Airport Rd. and St. Charles Rock Rd. on 170 than before, with the strongest signal strength around Natural Bridge. Did a site in that vicinity go live? 

Maybe the Red Stick on Florissant Rd behind the Ferguson Police Department finally went live?

Anybody want to check 170 and 70(Billboard on the Southwest corner of the exchange) and 170 and Airport(Titlemax Sign) as well?

I may be able to scoot out of work a little early today and check that out.

There's a little more purple between Airport Rd. and St. Charles Rock Rd. on 170 than before, with the strongest signal strength around Natural Bridge. Did a site in that vicinity go live? 

I can attest that those reading mean nothing. I get no LTE anywhere along I-170 from I-64 all the way to I-270. 

I had LTE from 64 all the way to the Rock Rd on 170 yesterday evening.

Ditto

Very interesting. I just check the full length around Noon and picked it up only between Page and Olive on 170. Then briefly at Ladue Road

Very interesting. I just check the full length around Noon and picked it up only between Page and Olive on 170. Then briefly at Ladue Road

If you were using your data connection sometimes it won't connect. Turn airplane mode off and on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Chatted with Sprint about no service at work they were unaware of an outage so the turned it over to networking and it was back up about 3 this afternoon. Now noticeable change in speed no LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There has gotta something going on with your phone if everyone else can connect to it and you can't. Like others have said...try to toggle airplane mode on/off and/or Your network mode from CDMA to CDMA/LTE. If that doesnt work try turning your phone on and off.

• Like 1

Edit:

My bad I thought you were talking about me not having signal at work when I first wrote this message.

I didn't see what you quoted in the car on the phone. With the sunlight and dim screen and Tapatalk's color scheme that part was unreadable.

3 of us at work had same issue. The tower was working fine before the True North showed up Wednesday. Died while they were there. I hoped it was down to fire up LTE.  I don't know if they went back or not but no one was there 45 minutes to an hour after the signal came back. Same ping etc, so I don't think its on the new gear yet.

There should be a system that flags a tower/sector if it has no phones connected for an extended period. It was down over 24 hours when I chatted with Sprint over the PC at work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Maybe the Red Stick on Florissant Rd behind the Ferguson Police Department finally went live?

Bingo! This site is now active. SCID 90-259-428. Sensorly mapped.

I dropped by the Richmond Heights/Highway 40 site on my way home from work to see if any work has been done.

The site at least has Fiber:

KZ4beDo.jpg

45KVI3E.jpg

And it looks like Crown Castle is managing leasing?

EJk5t3A.jpg

The site also had this tag:

2eZpfy5.jpg

YXp9oLN.jpg

It looks like Forerunner is the tower maintenance company.

There wasn't any activity on the flagpole site the last time I was on-site to look at it, so... hopefully this is a good sign.

This site is kind of strange - cables are run inside of a roofed brick shed, for lack of better terminology. It's pretty interesting. The flagpole is between the new Richmond Heights tennis courts (still under construction, which may be why this has been slow to move) and basketball courts.

If you were using your data connection sometimes it won't connect. Turn airplane mode off and on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

There has gotta something going on with your phone if everyone else can connect to it and you can't. Like others have said...try to toggle airplane mode on/off and/or Your network mode from CDMA to CDMA/LTE. If that doesnt work try turning your phone on and off.

I will try this when I go back through Friday. I've never heard about toggling the airplane mode before. I have updated the PRL and even taken the battery out several times. 

One of the gals I work with has a Galaxy 4 as well and I am going to use her phone as well tomorrow. She, like me, has the same problems it seems, we'll see......

I will try this when I go back through Friday. I've never heard about toggling the airplane mode before. I have updated the PRL and even taken the battery out several times. 

One of the gals I work with has a Galaxy 4 as well and I am going to use her phone as well tomorrow. She, like me, has the same problems it seems, we'll see......

Ya, heres why toggling Airplane mode helps. Basically our phones are designed to look for a new signal every 30 minutes. If the phone has never gotten an LTE connection there before it won't automatically connect to LTE. Once the phone has connected to LTE in a given spot, it is more likely to connect at that spot in the future.

• Like 1

Ya, heres why toggling Airplane mode helps. Basically our phones are designed to look for a new signal every 30 minutes. If the phone has never gotten an LTE connection there before it won't automatically connect to LTE. Once the phone has connected to LTE in a given spot, it is more likely to connect at that spot in the future.

Most phones have had updates to change the scan timers down to 5 minutes or less. Then once LTE is found there the LTE available file makes the scan time even less there.

I have noticed on the Note2 I can have an constant ping session going and it still manages to step up to LTE pretty quickly.

• Like 1

By the way, took a detour on the way home to avoid traffic. Checked out a couple other sites, 270 and 55/70 and 55/70 & US-40, (both in Illinois) both are still legacy. 

Most phones have had updates to change the scan timers down to 5 minutes or less. Then once LTE is found there the LTE available file makes the scan time even less there.

I have noticed on the Note2 I can have an constant ping session going and it still manages to step up to LTE pretty quickly.

This is interesting. I thought there was some form of mapping involved - the first time I drove best the Flushing Meadows site, I was on top of the site before it switched. After driving past it several times, I noticed it consistently locks on earlier. Too bad this can't be done through PRL, or a similar mechanism. Of course, once LTE is the norm, this won't matter anymore.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta