Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I had 3 bars LTE on the corner of 4th and chestnut downtown yesterday....anybody else picked this up?

This is most likely one of the newly accepted sites down there. Can you go to your field test mode and see if the Cell Identity is still there? Also if you get it again in that area or in any other non identified area please let us know.

This is most likely one of the newly accepted sites down there. Can you go to your field test mode and see if the Cell Identity is still there? Also if you get it again in that area or in any other non identified area please let us know.

I'm in edwardsville now, no luck

What were you seeing?

A user who emails me got an SCID that should have been from a Creve Couer site but I guess there was another discrepency in the "cheat sheet". He got 05611D, which should have been Creve Couer Park, but it was actually the site downtown(site ID's are 173 and 174)

Do you know which Building it is at Westport?

I thought this site was @ Creve Coeur Park?

I'm at Page & Ball Dr., so getting to Creve Coeur Park is pretty easy... 

I used the Sensorly "Map Trip" yesterday. I drove I-64 East from downtown to I-170 North to I-70 and according to this app I received ZERO 4G-LTE hits.

Sad.

I haven't checked the map to see if you SHOULD have gotten a LTE signal but if you just run sensorly on 'map trip' it will constantly be using data and therefore doesn't scan for 4G as well.  It will switch over when no data is being used a lot quicker than when constantly flowing (like using maps/sensorly/streaming audio/etc).

• Like 1

I thought this site was @ Creve Coeur Park?

I'm at Page & Ball Dr., so getting to Creve Coeur Park is pretty easy... 

The site lilg740 thought he needed checked out was at Creve Coeur Park.  I was wondering if you by chance new which building it is at Westport that has the Sprint Equipment on it.  our office is near Craig & Borman, just south of Westport.

I used the Sensorly "Map Trip" yesterday. I drove I-64 East from downtown to I-170 North to I-70 and according to this app I received ZERO 4G-LTE hits.

Sad.

If you were downtown and were heading east, you would have went into Illinois  :P. Anyways, you should have connected at least at 170 and 64 and again a little north of there. Please verify that you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA and have eHRPD enabled.

FWIW: A lone True North tech is working on something in the cabinets at site near 94 thats in progress in Cottleville.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

If you were downtown and were heading east, you would have went into Illinois  :P. Anyways, you should have connected at least at 170 and 64 and again a little north of there. Please verify that you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA and have eHRPD enabled.

Oops.. yes, I was headed WEST! I am not sure what or where eHRPD is located but LTE/CDMA is enabled

Oops.. yes, I was headed WEST! I am not sure what or where eHRPD is located but LTE/CDMA is enabled

Go to Settings, About Phone, Status. If under Network type it reads eHRPD you are fine. Anything else, let me know and I will assist you further.

• Like 1

Go to Settings, About Phone, Status. If under Network type it reads eHRPD you are fine. Anything else, let me know and I will assist you further.

That too is enabled.

I just drove from 170 to 70 on the Rock Road, nothing. I then took 270 to South County. Finally at 270 and Gravois I started getting 4G/LTE.

If the roll out is this slow, I would think it may be a few years before we get full coverage. This is absolutly atrocious.

Sprint is screwing us over. We are paying for 4G speeds with these phones but the are delivering MUCH less.

Time to say fugg it and move on to Verizon. I would glady pay a bigger bill but at least i am getting what I am paying for!!

• Like 1

That too is enabled.

I just drove from 170 to 70 on the Rock Road, nothing. I then took 270 to South County. Finally at 270 and Gravois I started getting 4G/LTE.

If the roll out is this slow, I would think it may be a few years before we get full coverage. This is absolutly atrocious.

Sprint is screwing us over. We are paying for 4G speeds with these phones but the are delivering MUCH less.

Time to say fugg it and move on to Verizon. I would glady pay a bigger bill but at least i am getting what I am paying for!!

If you want to rant about Sprint, this is not the place to do it. The rest of us are all waiting patiently for the rollout go be complete.

Now you are saying that you were mapping your trip with sensorly. If you are using data (sensorly does in fact use data when you are mapping a trip because it is uploading your 3g points that you are plotting. It is also loading the map.) you're phone will not switch to 4g (or at least has a very hard time). So it's not that there was no 4g coverage there, but your phone did not connect to it because it was being used.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That too is enabled.

You have had some pretty good posts on here, but this is edging on rant.

As a reminder, we do not host rants against Sprint, continuations will result in a temporary or permanent vacation. 

To address your points, you need to understand what goes into this. Sprint, unlike any other carrier, is allowing access to each sites AS SOON AS IT'S READY. Work has only been going on in St. Louis for a couple months, and is moving along at a pretty good rate. But this policy of activating each tower when it's done is giving the perception that they are moving slow.

Now, lets look at AT&T. When I moved to Springfield last September, I almost immediately noticed AT&T crews working on their towers. They were installing LTE Antennas and RRUs and other equipment. There were already a couple of towers done. Remember, this is in September. It took them all the way to JUNE before they launched LTE here. That's 9 months! And Springfield is not that big. But no one else knew that they took that long, all they knew was that one day they didn't have LTE, and the next they did. So before you complain about Sprint taking forever, they're not going any slower than the duopoly, if anything they're going much faster. 

The only one that has been moving faster is T-Mobile, but they have a completely different set of circumstances that has allowed them to blaze through their LTE deployment. 

True this isn't the place to complain, go to Sprint and do that. That being said on their tech segment Monday on KTRS at the end of getting his questions answered a caller said "Do yourself a favor don't sign up for Sprint". After NV is done the have a lot of pr work to do. It may be great then but old opinions die hard

I would

That too is enabled.

To add to what chaz said. In 3 months Sprint has completed its network vision upgrades on 20% of its sites in the MO Market. Before i came here i thought just like you did. But then i saw progress and a light at the end of thr tunnel. Remember if you go to VZW ATT or TMo, you will have to worry about caps/throttling and pay a higher rate. As for me and my household, we will stay with the Now Network and await LTE at EVERY SINGLE SPRINT SITE. Not to mention the thought of LTE being rolled out on 800 and 2500 and tri band

phones. Also, i guarantee you once the Softbank dealbis complete things will be better.

Don't forget Sprint is the only one replacing every thing at each tower and not just adding a bandaid.

If you want to rant about Sprint, this is not the place to do it. The rest of us are all waiting patiently for the rollout go be complete.

Now you are saying that you were mapping your trip with sensorly. If you are using data (sensorly does in fact use data when you are mapping a trip because it is uploading your 3g points that you are plotting. It is also loading the map.) you're phone will not switch to 4g (or at least has a very hard time). So it's not that there was no 4g coverage there, but your phone did not connect to it because it was being used.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not true, because it did post 4G points.