Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Ok, so I was heading south on New Halls Ferry coming back down from the Lindbergh site behind Aldi.  Completely forgot that I would be driving right by the New Halls Ferry & Parker site, until I saw a guy up the tower.  Pulled over and snapped some pics.  Two antenna/RRU sets on a trailer.  One up on the tower being worked on.

The worker on the ground was clueless.  I asked if they were doing work for Sprint, and he replied "I have no idea."  Detective McSmogg would not be much help.

Working on the Fourth....thats dedication!

Dark purple on sensorly map on 44 at 141.  There is either a new site or someone was mapping with a gnex.  As of yesterday, I could only connect to the Balwin site for a few moments from there before the signal dropped out.

Dark purple on sensorly map on 44 at 141.  There is either a new site or someone was mapping with a gnex.  As of yesterday, I could only connect to the Balwin site for a few moments from there before the signal dropped out.

Could be a GNex or someone was at a higher elevation....you know the only way to confirm/deny.

Working on the Fourth....thats dedication!

Actually, that was yesterday, the 3rd. But I DID see crews working in O'Fallon today. I'll post the pics when I get a chance.

Could be a GNex or someone was at a higher elevation....you know the only way to confirm/deny.

Wish we could figure out if anyone else in the STL has a GNex running sensorly....tell them to STOP

Has anyone tried to check out the site by Ferguson PD? That one and the Manchester/Lindbergh site still have no confirmation or sensorly.

Edit: And also the site by Bircher and 70.

I was on Bircher and i-70 yesterday and I had LTE with 4 bars...downloaded a 165mb file in seconds....speeds got up to 1300mb

If you are ever back by there please try to get a screenshot of your iPhone Field Test Mode.

If you are ever back by there please try to get a screenshot of your iPhone Field Test Mode.

I drive past that everyday on my way home, I'll check it again today.  I haven't seen it live yet.  There are sensorly blips in that area that appear to be from the Wells/Goodfellow site.

• Like 1

OK, so finally here are the pics of the crews I saw working in O'Fallon on the 4th.  This site is on Simmons Rd, north of the O'Fallon splash pad, where we were headed with the family when I spotted this.  Took the pics on the way back home.

Cabinets, antennas, and RRUs:

GeJoer4.jpg

d2EU7bh.jpg

0uXTKim.jpg

klGt2t8.jpg

• Like 1

So the people who were working on the tower in Des Peres - Flushing Meadows after 4g for sprint was live replaced some antennas I believe.

The 2nd rack from the top, far left. Each side has one of these. I don't know if its related to Sprint or not. The Sprint 4g antennas and RRUs are on the rack below it in the middle.

Just passing along what happened.

post-2276-13730410047193_thumb.jpg

So the people who were working on the tower in Des Peres - Flushing Meadows after 4g for sprint was live replaced some antennas I believe.

The 2nd rack from the top, far left. Each side has one of these. I don't know if its related to Sprint or not. The Sprint 4g antennas and RRUs are on the rack below it in the middle.

Just passing along what happened.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373041005.071868.jpg

I've noticed that while on 270 to the South, the speeds are usually under 3mbps down.  To the north of the tower, as it switches to a different sector, speeds jump up  substantially and are usually 12-25mbps down.  I wonder if they've had problems with the equipment on one sector.

I noticed something similar with the accepted Cottleville site. One sector was 4-6 times faster on dload speed. I guess it could just be how may users are connected to the individual sector.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GREAT NEWS FOR MISSOURI CELL PHONE USERS!

New Mo. law aids cell phone tower expansion

By The Associated Press

Friday, July 5, 2013

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Local governments will have less ability to restrict cellphone towers under legislation signed by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon.

The bill signed Friday by Nixon includes a list of 18 things that cities, counties and state entities can no longer require or prohibit when regulating cellphone towers.

For example, they cannot evaluate applications for cellphone towers based on whether there were other possible locations, nor whether a company could have added its equipment to an existing tower used by a competitor. They also cannot require companies to remove existing wireless facilities as a condition of building new ones.

The Missouri Municipal League had asked Nixon to veto the bill.

But Nixon said it would help expand access to broadband Internet and wireless phone service.

——

Cell phone tower bills are HB331 and HB345.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2013/jul/05/new-mo-law-aids-cellphone-tower-expansion/

• Like 1

OK, so finally here are the pics of the crews I saw working in O'Fallon on the 4th.  This site is on Simmons Rd, north of the O'Fallon splash pad, where we were headed with the family when I spotted this.  Took the pics on the way back home.

Cabinets, antennas, and RRUs:

This was O'fallon Illinois right?

Does anyone know when nv upgrades are coming to South Roxana il.? Seems like all the surrounding areas are getting upgrades just ready for lte at work!I have been on sensorly everyday mapping my trips to and from work and I have lte at home in Dellwood in north county.

Does anyone know when nv upgrades are coming to South Roxana il.? Seems like all the surrounding areas are getting upgrades just ready for lte at work!I have been on sensorly everyday mapping my trips to and from work and I have lte at home in Dellwood in north county.

There are no sites in S. Roxana. The closest sites are in Hartford and Roxana. There is one on refinery property I have only checked out this site once as it is out of my way. The Hartford one I have checked a few times and no work has been done.

Thanks this is very helpful I drive thru hartford often so I'll continue mapping and also I work in the refinery and will keep my eyes open for any upgrades just have to find it first but thanks again!

Thanks this is very helpful I drive thru hartford often so I'll continue mapping and also I work in the refinery and will keep my eyes open for any upgrades just have to find it first but thanks again!

The Hartford site is near New Poag and Rt 3(not the one on Rt. 3) and the Roxana one is near 143 and S 6th St.