Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Two things.

I spotted work in Springfield earlier today! I will try to confirm in about an hour.

Second, I got sent to the lake today for work, and after a number of reinstalls and resets, Sensorly seems to be working again! Mapped the south Lebanon tower. Turned north to the lake before we got to the other two.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Awesome! SCID's by chance?

Edit: drochebs already got that one. 056049##

So I was just told by a friend that he had lte in Belleville by Walmart and pulled 7 mps but it lasted a short time and I just tried it my self and couldn't get lte.

Have you checked out any of the sites in that area. Not a whole lot of St. Clair Co. Folks on here except for chrishanna and imekul but neither are very active. We could use some good recon down there.

I was assuming something with the site in Mitchell as I was closer to it while still roaming on 270.  I was also roaming at my church yesterday while working sound for a funeral on Maryville Rd.  The church seems to be exactly in the middle of Pontoon Rd site, Mitchell site and the Goodwill site. 

Another thing, I get zero service inside Suburban...place is a complete dead zone and until about 3 months ago only had WiFi inside  their main office running off a 2.4ghz wireless b access point. Me and the other sound guy installed a new wireless AC router in there and now the whole area finally has WiFi. Would still be nice to get 800SMR and 800LTE in there.

Two things.

I spotted work in Springfield earlier today! I will try to confirm in about an hour.

Second, I got sent to the lake today for work, and after a number of reinstalls and resets, Sensorly seems to be working again! Mapped the south Lebanon tower. Turned north to the lake before we got to the other two.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Awesome! SCID's by chance?

Edit: drochebs already got that one. 056049##

Yeah I already confirmed all three of those on my last trip.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I travelled down I-70 from Kingdom City to Bates City a few days ago and found a few areas with no service. One area was from the Missouri River to the rest area in Boonville. Area two was from Blackwater exit (curves) to near the 65 junction. Not sure if they are working in those areas but I have always had service along both of those stretches. The only area where I usually see a drop out is around the 65 junction. It would be nice if they would put a tower there or north of i70 toward Marshall.

I travelled down I-70 from Kingdom City to Bates City a few days ago and found a few areas with no service. One area was from the Missouri River to the rest area in Boonville. Area two was from Blackwater exit (curves) to near the 65 junction. Not sure if they are working in those areas but I have always had service along both of those stretches. The only area where I usually see a drop out is around the 65 junction. It would be nice if they would put a tower there or north of i70 toward Marshall.

I've always had good service in those areas too. It's possible they were working, doesn't usually knock out service though as they leave the Legacy equipment running even after NV equipment is installed.

You don't get service at the 65 interchange? I get LTE at that interchange coming up from the Sedalia towers... 

There's also a tower a mile or two west of the interchange as well, though geography may block some of the signal. 

I traveled down 44 Wednesday and today from st Chuck to Branson to Springfield and will be heading back to st Chuck tomorrow all with sensorly running of course.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I traveled down 44 Wednesday and today from st Chuck to Branson to Springfield and will be heading back to st Chuck tomorrow all with sensorly running of course.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

It's unless you have LTE discovery running, it's better to leave Sensorly off until you hit LTE. Since Sensorly is almost constantly using data, it can prevent the phone from doing a scan for LTE, causing you to completely miss areas. 

Make sure to catch the two towers northeast of Lebanon on I-44! I tried to map them, but apparently there was something wrong with my install of Sensorly, so the data went poof.

Another thing, I get zero service inside Suburban...place is a complete dead zone and until about 3 months ago only had WiFi inside  their main office running off a 2.4ghz wireless b access point. Me and the other sound guy installed a new wireless AC router in there and now the whole area finally has WiFi. Would still be nice to get 800SMR and 800LTE in there.

I can normally get service in our church, not great but normally around 2 bars, unless I go in the basement.  Thursday, I had no sprint at all, hoping it means they are working on something in the area.  800Mnz will be great, but I think the upgraded 1900 will definitely help.  I think moving the radios up to the panels and eliminating the cable loss will help with the coverage of 1900.

I checked the site in Maryland Heights today on Waterwood lane, near Shulte Rd, just south of Page.  No work there, except possibly some fiber work, there were a lot of fiber markers all over in the area, including along Page, Craig Rd, & Westline Industrial Dr (Basically the whole Westport area).

Visited the site at Lucas and Hunt & New Halls Ferry yesterday.  It had new panels & RRUs, new cabinets, and a black SUV with dark windows parked inside the fence.  Orange wires from the window of the SUV to the cabinet.  I asked the guy inside if he was testing the new Sprint equipment and he said no, he was programming it.  Asked if he knew when they would fire it up, he said probably within a week or two.  We'll see.

Y8nHT8X.jpg

xQYps4O.jpg

• Like 1

Visited the site at Lucas and Hunt & New Halls Ferry yesterday.  It had new panels & RRUs, new cabinets, and a black SUV with dark windows parked inside the fence.  Orange wires from the window of the SUV to the cabinet.  I asked the guy inside if he was testing the new Sprint equipment and he said no, he was programming it.  Asked if he knew when they would fire it up, he said probably within a week or two.  We'll see.

Probably works for the NSA and getting the metadata logging set up.

• Like 1

Was it a black ford explorer?

Have you checked out any of the sites in that area. Not a whole lot of St. Clair Co. Folks on here except for chrishanna and imekul but neither are very active. We could use some good recon down there.

I will once I can get a new car and sell my old one haha.

I'll be driving to Nashville, TN next week. Hopefully, Sensorly will have let me know what's wrong with my phone and I can re-map those south-Missouri sites on the trip. 

2 more 4G Accepted sites down there. 

2 more 4G Accepted sites down there.

Cool. I've got more to report from the Hwy 13 corridor from SGF north to Collins, MO. I'll put it up in the sponsor thread later tonight. Going to my brother's graduation right now.

Cool. I've got more to report from the Hwy 13 corridor from SGF north to Collins, MO. I'll put it up in the sponsor thread later tonight. Going to my brother's graduation right now.

South of you in Nixa and North of you in Brighton, 3G accepted. Just noticed.

I saw an amf crane working at big bend and Dougherty ferry yesterday. I also had extremely poor reception too. I didn't get to take a pic cause they were gone before I got off work.

I saw an amf crane working at big bend and Dougherty ferry yesterday. I also had extremely poor reception too. I didn't get to take a pic cause they were gone before I got off work.

Sprint does not have a site at that intersection.

I've always had good service in those areas too. It's possible they were working, doesn't usually knock out service though as they leave the Legacy equipment running even after NV equipment is installed.

You don't get service at the 65 interchange? I get LTE at that interchange coming up from the Sedalia towers... 

There's also a tower a mile or two west of the interchange as well, though geography may block some of the signal. 

Geography right there plays a big role in the signal drops in that area. The tower to the west is on a hill but is blocked by the hill/trees to the east near the junction. Continuing east from the junction that small valley usually drops service to even lower levels. That is a spot 800 should fill in nicely. The other areas I was puzzled by as usually the service is great but there was none. I think Sprint has a tower in with that large group of towers four or five miles east of the 65 junction as signal is usually pegged right there, this time nothing but roaming. Not sure if they had an equipment issue or they were working on switching things over and ran into a problem as it was still out a few days later. The other area around Boonville seemed to be up and working on Thursday when I came back through.