Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

If you look at sprints upgrade tower map it's barren between 40 and page slough of 94

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Yea i didn't think they were rushing out to StCharles Co for upgrades right away. A lot of what they have been doing is east of the line 270 makes when it runs north to south

I saw new fiber locate markers/post on the IL side this weekend, possible backhaul work.  several markers running along 203 from Granite City to Madison, IL.  Also along Washington Ave in Granite City, between 22nd St and 24th St, There is a cell site on the hospital on Washington between 21st St and 22nd St, and also a cell site on the corner of Washington and 23rd St, from what I heard from lilg740 the site at the hospital is Sprint, I also hear that the one at Washington & E 23rd is US Cellular.  Also saw markers running along Maryville Rd between 203 & pontoon Rd, which could be backhaul for the site at 270 & Old Alton Rd.

I find it odd that Sprint doesn't list all of their towers on their own created map

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Sprint doesn't have one. That upgrade map is of sites that have received an upgrade in the last 6 months.

Sent from my little Note2

Also saw fiber locate markers/posts along Page Ave in Maryland Heights west of Dielman this morning, looks like there may be a site near Page & Dielman.

Hey buddy, you're a sponsor now. You can see the Site Map for the market now.

Also saw fiber locate markers/posts along Page Ave in Maryland Heights west of Dielman this morning, looks like there may be a site near Page & Dielman.

That's not the centurytel building, is it?

That cell site is behind the Autozone and near a Federal records building.

Ah, ok. That must be the next Sprint tower east of the tower at the CentryTel building. Hopefully these get updated quickly -- it's on my commute. :D

Ah, ok. That must be the next Sprint tower east of the tower at the CentryTel building. Hopefully these get updated quickly -- it's on my commute. :D

Yeah, I work at near Craig & Borman, just south of Page & 270. Was on my way to pick up some donuts this morning when I saw the markers.

• Like 1

There's activity on a site off of Mueller Road and Forest Hill School Road outside of Millstadt.  

That is awesome! keep up the good work!

I couldn't see any evidence of recently-disturbed ground, though.  Do they run fiber to every single site, I guess?

Some have microwave backhaul(through a "dish") most have fiber run though. As some on here will tell you there are some sites where you can't even see evidence of digging that have it completed. This to me looks like cabinet parts and maybe RRU's from the model numbers. Good find. I added your post to the In Progress thread on the sponsor side. This is the first site in St. Clair Co. to be marked in progress! I'm assuming you are in the St. Clair Co. Area? Have you checked any other sites?