Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Hey digi, have you seen any of those parts in the pics I just posted earlier?

Probably some sort of cabling kits since one said Pb free which usually leads to the lead free solder. You probably had either a legacy upgrade done on the site or if you can see the cabinets done then they were putting stuff in the cabinets. I've seen the cabinets done weeks ahead of the antenna and RRU crew. And yes, they do legacy upgrades during the NV rollout. I've seen legacy upgrades done on the voice side on 4G LTE active sites.

Probably some sort of cabling kits since one said Pb free which usually leads to the lead free solder. You probably had either a legacy upgrade done on the site or if you can see the cabinets done then they were putting stuff in the cabinets. I've seen the cabinets done weeks ahead of the antenna and RRU crew. And yes, they do legacy upgrades during the NV rollout. I've seen legacy upgrades done on the voice side on 4G LTE active sites.

What does an NV cabinet look like?

Wow..figured you would have seen those before as I've seen tons of pictures around here with the standard RBS 6102 Ericsson cabinet and the other battery cabinet next to it. Here's some I took a while back...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page__view__findpost__p__108773

And from the front sporting the typical pink sticker I've seen on just about all them even other Ericsson markets:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page__view__findpost__p__109228

Wow..figured you would have seen those before as I've seen tons of pictures around here with the standard RBS 6102 Ericsson cabinet and the other battery cabinet next to it. Here's some I took a while back...

http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__108773

And from the front sporting the typical pink sticker I've seen on just about all them even other Ericsson markets:

http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__109228

Well I remembered seeing this pic and I know I have not seen anything like that.

Base-station-images.jpg

That was some artist's cute little rendering for a presentation. You can't miss those Ericsson cabinets with the vents cut out like a bunch of Ericsson logos with also the little chunk not done on the corner in the vents. Very unique.

That was some artist's cute little rendering for a presentation. You can't miss those Ericsson cabinets with the vents cut out like a bunch of Ericsson logos with also the little chunk not done on the corner in the vents. Very unique.

Duly noted

Got confirmation from the guys working just now! Cabinets are going to be done todayand tower work next week! This is going to be very exciting! Collinsville, IL st peter and paul cemetery!

• Like 1

Crews working at a site in Godfrey, IL behind mid america gymnastics. They were running fiber and digging. Worker confirmed they were running fiber for Sprint! Keep your eyes to the sky and the ground Metro East!

• Like 2

Got confirmation from the guys working just now! Cabinets are going to be done todayand tower work next week! This is going to be very exciting! Collinsville, IL st peter and paul cemetery!

Crews working at a site in Godfrey, IL behind mid america gymnastics. They were running fiber and digging. Worker confirmed they were running fiber for Sprint! Keep your eyes to the sky and the ground Metro East!

Good to see some actual work being done in the Metro East.

Hopefully, these under construction sites are like cockroaches, for every one you see, there are ten others you don't.

I'll have to start watching the towers along my commute a little more carefully...

I will cover these sites: Behind Lowes in Alton, Behind Mid-America Gymnastics in Godfrey, Montclair & Bethany in Godfrey, Bloomer & North Rogers in Alton(near Kmart), Meridian and Girl Scout in Glen Carbon, Johnson Hill apartments in Collinsville, St. peter and Paul cemetery in Collinsville, Quiet Point Rd in Caseyville, IL-162 between 255 and Bluff in Glen Carbon, Simmons Law firm rooftop in Alton, Chessen Ln off(off Broadway in Alton), Bethalto Park in Bethalto, Airline Dr in Rosewood Heights.and probably more but those are primarily the ones on my route.

Edit: I also frequently check out MO-367 and Parker.

I've been running sensorly on my route to and from work each day. Still haven't found any LTE on my route down 44 into the Fenton/High Ridge area.

There is a LTE discovery app you might consider running a day or two a week on your commute. It toggles airplane mode on and off a couple times a minute to help find LTE your phone doesn't know about. If your locked onto a good 3G signal your phone could not get around to checking for LTE for up to about 10 minutes and you may be long out of range before it ever does. Everytime it toggles airplane mode the phone checks for LTE. You can have it do an audible alert when it finds LTE then turn on Sensorly.

There is a LTE discovery app you might consider running a day or two a week on your commute. It toggles airplane mode on and off a couple times a minute to help find LTE your phone doesn't know about. If your locked onto a good 3G signal your phone could not get around to checking for LTE for up to about 10 minutes and you may be long out of range before it ever does. Everytime it toggles airplane mode the phone checks for LTE. You can have it do an audible alert when it finds LTE then turn on Sensorly.

Is it for apple?

Is it for apple?

As far as I know its only for Android phones. He had a S3 and I didn't think to say anything about Apple. I don't know if there are any for Apple, they are kind of picky of what APIs your allowed to use.

I've been running sensorly on my route to and from work each day. Still haven't found any LTE on my route down 44 into the Fenton/High Ridge area.

Without running the LTE discovery app and have it in the Cycle when not connected to LTE mode all while having the map trip started in Sensorly you greatly reduce your chances to pick up LTE since your radio is busy uploading 3G points instead of being idle to scan for LTE.

Went back to the site at St. Peter and Paul Cemetery tonight. NV Cabinets are installed. Cabinet had the pink sticker on it.

What does the pink sticker represent?

Went back to the site at St. Peter and Paul Cemetery tonight. NV Cabinets are installed. Cabinet had the pink sticker on it.

Damn, that happened fast.

Went back to the site at Mid America Gymnastics in Godfrey, IL at lunchtime. There was a crew there. They said they were installing cabinets for Sprint! I will go back after work to see if they are in place. They did have something covered in the truck that might have been the panels/antennas. Couldn't get a good look.

Edit: The place is actually called Mid-Illinois Gymnastics

• Like 1