Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Finding Permits for Springfield' date=' MO as we speak.[/quote']

Which locations, the sponsor map shows permits filled in February for some sites in springfield.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Any idea how long the permits are good for? Just wondering if this gives us a more accurate timetable or not.

Varies town to town, but usually if they get a permit they have everything else needed to build.

Which locations, the sponsor map shows permits filled in February for some sites in springfield.

Where does it show permits in the sponsor map?

Hi all...this is my first post here. I've been tracking LTE updates over the last three months or so.

I signed up just to report having had a brief LTE connection in South County Saint Louis today....Tesson Ferry and Butler Hill road. Very exciting.

Could it have been a test or is there an active connection in the area?

Hi all...this is my first post here. I've been tracking LTE updates over the last three months or so.

I signed up just to report having had a brief LTE connection in South County Saint Louis today....Tesson Ferry and Butler Hill road. Very exciting.

Could it have been a test or is there an active connection in the area?

There are 7 active sites across the MO side of the metro right now!

Check out the Sensorly site to see where: Sensorly

There are 7 active sites across the MO side of the metro right now! Check out the Sensorly site to see where: Sensorly

Oh, that's great! I must have missed the posts about active STL LTE. Are they usually pretty sporadic across a city like this as they roll out the city?

Not to mention the first LTE cell on the Illinois side of the river in Columbia. :)

I am in Columbia, IL but don't know where the tower is? Do you? I can just get it in certain parts of my office.

I am in Columbia, IL but don't know where the tower is? Do you? I can just get it in certain parts of my office.

He is mistaken the site is in MO at Jefferson Barracks park

Not to mention the first LTE cell on the Illinois side of the river in Columbia. :)

AHemm....

We don't talk about THOSE sites across the river.

Just joking.

Oh, that's great! I must have missed the posts about active STL LTE. Are they usually pretty sporadic across a city like this as they roll out the city?

That's correct. Sprint it doing things very different from the likes of AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. As soon as the upgrade to a particular site is complete, they are allowing connections. So it is going to be very sporadic for quite sometime until the market gets to about 50% completion or so.

Once that happens, they will officially announce the city, and add the coverage to their maps. However the announcement doesn't really change the coverage since you can connect to every tower as soon as it's done.

Gotcha, I was thinking there was a map with the exact location of active towers?

The link I gave you only shows coverage that has been mapped by actual Sprint users. The dark purple highlights areas of strong signal, the lighter purple shows weaker signal. If you look at the "heat map" you can find 7 points of very strong signal, meaning 7 live sites.

We do have maps showing the location of all Sprint towers, as well as which towers have been completed. Those are located in the Sponsor's section. For more information on that, check out this link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/