Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

Robert, I have been getting increasing 4G service in Hull, MA. Faster too. Yet I don't see any new towers on the map that would reach this far. Any thoughts?

Sites don't show up on our NV Sites Complete map until Sprint inspects and accepts the work from the OEM/subcontractors. So its possible your nearest site has now finishing up and testing but not yet signed off as complete. It's always fun to find a new one. Congrats.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Robert, I have been getting increasing 4G service in Hull, MA. Faster too. Yet I don't see any new towers on the map that would reach this far. Any thoughts?
They must have turned up the volume so to speak because it has gotten stronger in my area the past few days. Use to switch back to 3g in my house and in my work and now it stays on 4g.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I'm now getting great lte service in downtown Lowell and the back central area. Couldn't come at a better time as my 3g was atrocious. I was getting like 0.1mbps down. Now I'm getting 9mbps down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

For the past week my girlfriend and i have been getting the 4g notification symbol at random in both Leominster and Fitchburg Ma.Its been happening more often lately.I know these two cities are on the list for LTE.Also the speeds are terrible if any at all. So they must be testing? IF Anyone has info about this please post it. THANKS

Is Boston having 4G core problems?

Around sites downtown that were getting ~20mbit are now 2-5mbit (with extremely strong signal).

It's pretty strange....

I haven't heard anything. Is the issue still occurring this evening?

Robert

Picked up LTE in East Longmeadow, MA tonight. I live in northern CT close to the border, and I had a dentist appointment. When I saw I picked up LTE, I turned on Sensorly. Hope the signal report is helpful.

• Like 1

Based on a few new points in Sensorly, it looks like there's finally an active site in Back Bay. That was one of the last major areas I regularly go to in Boston that didn't have a usable LTE signal. I'll probably try to map the area soon.

6 meg is what sprint lowered their standards to sprint.com/lte

They have to quote the speeds that can be expected in weaker signal environments, like edge of cell conditions and inside buildings. Verizon does the same thing. Nothing unusual in that at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 4g on the southeast expressway near Boston gas in Dorchester . Not sure how strong it was though...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Odd story, I was just logging on here to say this. I was able to get 4g at my apartment in Dorchester last night. I obtained a fairly low signal, only got about 7.5 down and 1.5 up, but its much much better than any 3G I got before that. For reference I live right by the painted water tower, (about exit 11 off 93 north, Ashmont Eerie Pub). Normally any 4g thats lingering around from Braintree goes away by exit 8, or at max exit 9. So this is a good sign.

• Like 2

My train ride takes me through Quincy, and I am now picking up 4G as I ride through the in the Quincy Center area. Previously, after losing 4G soon after departing South Station, I didn't pick it back up until we hit Braintree.

On another note, even when in 3G my phone works well as a mobile hotspot for my Nexus 7, so the 3G uogrades are definitely showing up as well.

• Like 1

I can't wait til we get LTE in the 800mhz band... was outside Taiyou sushi in Quincy and got 10mbps, went inside the restaurant, and got 1 mbps to dropped LTE connection... =\

1900 mhz has very little penetration power. In the meantime, i guess Sprint needs to put up more LTE towers to achieve good building penetration.

I can't wait til we get LTE in the 800mhz band... was outside Taiyou sushi in Quincy and got 10mbps, went inside the restaurant, and got 1 mbps to dropped LTE connection... =

1900 mhz has very little penetration power. In the meantime, i guess Sprint needs to put up more LTE towers to achieve good building penetration.

Yes, but with only 10Mbps on an unburdened site, you pretty much had a weak signal before you went indoors. Weak signal outdoors equals dropped connection indoors. You just need greater site density.

In my FIT testing, I lost 8 to 12dBm going indoors. If I was 8 to 12 dBm from the maximum threshold, then you get dropped. In places with good density, this was not an issue. 800 and 700MHz lost the same amount of signal going indoors in my testing. And since VZW LTE 750 is deployed much less dense, I was finding similar speeds and signal strength as Sprint LTE in fully deployed areas.

As Bob Azzi once said of Sprint LTE, "This dog can hunt."

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Robert. I never got 10 mbps down with having a weak signal so I was assuming it was strong. I will be sure to check the power of the signal when I am back there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Robert. I never got 10 mbps down with having a weak signal so I was assuming it was strong. I will be sure to check the power of the signal when I am back there.

I sometimes can get 10Mbps down with signal as weak as -110dBm. And you will not likely be able to keep a -110dBm signal outdoors when you head inside.