Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

I decided to take a ride to a tower in Waltham saw people working and i asked one of them if the tower would be serving out LTE soon and they told me about 2-3 months because City hall rejected the permit im furious :(

I decided to take a ride to a tower in Waltham saw people working and i asked one of them if the tower would be serving out LTE soon and they told me about 2-3 months because City hall rejected the permit im furious :(

Which tower? I heard it was rejected cause no representatives from sprint or the tower company were present at the meeting.

Not in my back yard.

You shouldn't need these permits to upgrade existing towers. The fcc grants a license, it should be clear to proceed. This is what drives costs up for us all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Not in my back yard.

You shouldn't need these permits to upgrade existing towers. The fcc grants a license' date=' it should be clear to proceed. This is what drives costs up for us all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

Agreed. Yet lots of communities do require planning/zoning and permitting approval.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

HI Geoff, I stumbled around with your excellent advice and just couldn't make anything happen. I did a factory reset and installed AOKP build 4 and boom it worked. It only connects on LTE Only but I wasn't complaining.

I just saw this commit to Cyanogenmod which might explain why some people see issues with 4G and others done, and why it seems inconsistent... This might help some people: http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/25130/

It seems that sometimes the CDMA apn works on 4G, when that happens the phone caches that and uses it when it connects in the future to 4G which most of the time does not work and it does not try to use the 4G apn any more.

Geoff

• Like 1

Good news and bad in Springfield. Looks like they added another LTE tower in the North end, probably the one on Birnie Ave., because I was getting a good LTE signal at both Baystate and Mercy hospitals. The other bit of good news is that my phone is now making the 4G connection automatically. When the towers were first lit up I had to go to airplane mode before it would recognize the LTE signal.

The downside is that you can't do anything with it. I can't get any Data to flow when I am on a 4G connection. 3g works fine. Slow, but it's working.

I just saw this commit to Cyanogenmod which might explain why some people see issues with 4G and others done' date=' and why it seems inconsistent... This might help some people: http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/25130/

It seems that sometimes the CDMA apn works on 4G, when that happens the phone caches that and uses it when it connects in the future to 4G which most of the time does not work and it does not try to use the 4G apn any more.

Geoff[/quote']

The important comment there is "Did not fix ailment with ehrpd failing to connect."

Nothing at Gillette stadium today. Could barely keep a 1X connection.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Odd, I had 4G LTE at Gillette yesterday. Fairly weak signal up in the nose bleed, but it was there. 5-10mbit speeds.

I am wondering if they have just started working on the DAS there... maybe they haven't made it around the stadium yet. My 3G signal was super solid (overpowering 4G).

• Like 1

I had LTE a bit as I walked to the stadium at the game yesterday, but as I got to my seat (section 204) it was mostly 1x with a bit of 3g. I ended up just using the stadium wifi. That being said, my daily commute is from Billerica to Newmarket NH, and I have been noticing a lot more pockets of LTE over the last week or so.

Also a question - I have noticed that the signal strength of the tower near my apartment building ( I am right next to RT3) has gotten slowly stronger. It used to switch over to 3g by the time I got off the highway, then I could pick it up on the grounds, and the last few days I have noticed it in my apartment (before my phone switches to wifi). Am I imagining this?

Also a question - I have noticed that the signal strength of the tower near my apartment building ( I am right next to RT3) has gotten slowly stronger. It used to switch over to 3g by the time I got off the highway, then I could pick it up on the grounds, and the last few days I have noticed it in my apartment (before my phone switches to wifi). Am I imagining this?

More and more sites going live every week. Most likely a site that is closer (and thus a stronger signal) went live recently. Coverage will just get denser and denser, and better, every week for the next 6 months or so.

Robert

I had LTE a bit as I walked to the stadium at the game yesterday' date=' but as I got to my seat (section 204) it was mostly 1x with a bit of 3g. I ended up just using the stadium wifi. That being said, my daily commute is from Billerica to Newmarket NH, and I have been noticing a lot more pockets of LTE over the last week or so.

Also a question - I have noticed that the signal strength of the tower near my apartment building ( I am right next to RT3) has gotten slowly stronger. It used to switch over to 3g by the time I got off the highway, then I could pick it up on the grounds, and the last few days I have noticed it in my apartment (before my phone switches to wifi). Am I imagining this?[/quote']

I'm also in an apartment in Billerica right off Rte 3. When I first moved in a few years ago, the signal was bad enough that I needed the Airrave to ensure that my calls wouldn't drop. Ever since they upgraded the tower near the Community College to NV, I've found that the Airrave isn't necessarily (although I keep it on since it seems to improve battery life on our phones).

• Like 1

Just found these October,9

The Ordinances and Rules Committee recommends that the special permit for Sprint, 1

International Blvd, Mahwah, NJ 0745 and Pinnacle Towers, Inc. Sarasota, FL. for property

located at 39 Sachem Street (Atlas Map R0033, Block 001, Parcel 0005), be denied.

The Ordinance & Rules Committee recommends that the special permit for Sprint, 1

International Blvd, Mahwah, NJ 0745 and Stonybrook Holdings, 130 Turner St. Waltham, MA

02453. for property located at 130 Turner Street (Atlas Map 0074, Block 005, Lot 019), be

denied.

And then

The Waltham City Council will be held on Monday,October 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM in the

Council Chamber at City Hall, 610 Main Street, Waltham and the following matters and others

will be considered.

Edited by mazza31
  • Like 1

Ive been goin nuts with occasional 4g around

Here 4 the last several weeks. (on the cape in chatham) I think they finally got it going. Been able to connect To it but no download ability today my data got effed up where it normally doesn't so i went by the tower and ha... They were werkin on it. Seems set now. might get quicker though, kinda slow ping. I have a few other snaps but...

post-6526-0-69380400-1350955796_thumb.png

• Like 1

Ive been goin nuts with occasional 4g around

Here 4 the last several weeks. (on the cape in chatham) I think they finally got it going. Been able to connect To it but no download ability today my data got effed up where it normally doesn't so i went by the tower and ha... They were werkin on it. Seems set now. might get quicker though' date=' kinda slow ping. I have a few other snaps but...[/quote']

Run Sensorly in areas where you find LTE signals. It will help us to log coverage. Thanks for your help!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Hopefully the Metrowest area can get LTE soon. Anyone have an estimate as to when it may arrive? I've noticed Framingham has been getting some work done, at least I think that's what the Sprint site is telling me.