Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I don't know what you're talking about. I agree with the poor LTE getting like 1 or 2 mbps, but my 3g is rocking at full signal. During peak hours, my LTE in the basement is like 3 mbps at -105. but my 3g takes over sometimes at -80 and gets basically the same speed, just higher ping.

Nope. Not for me. My 3G the other day clocked .01 down. When my LTE with one bar clocked 1.14 down. I wasn't talking about NV 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once upon a time before iPhone I could get 2mb down in North Ogden. Then the iPhone came to sprint and poof..crappy speed.

I have nothing against the iPhone, but it happened.

true story.....though i only hate iphone, because some, (ok more then some, but no one here  ;) ) are crazy and think it does no wrong.....

anyway.....i am wondering if the i-phone is having connection issues to LTE all the way around???  and its apples hardware having issues???

can we do a survey (for those in LTE areas, not us slobs in the north  :angry: )   to check and see if its a apple  or network issue???

• Like 1

true story.....though i only hate iphone, because some, (ok more then some, but no one here  ;) ) are crazy and think it does no wrong.....

anyway.....i am wondering if the i-phone is having connection issues to LTE all the way around???  and its apples hardware having issues???

can we do a survey (for those in LTE areas, not us slobs in the north  :angry: )   to check and see if its a apple  or network issue???

Issues starting today or in the last couple days? I am in Utah county so i can't speak for today or yesterday. but over the weekend while i was all over in Salt Lake County i had no issues with the LTE on my iPhone. However, for the last 3 days including today in Utah County i have not been able to even connect to 3g at all. I am only getting 1x. I am on PRL 51099.

I have been having Voice issues in Utah County. I am in PG but my nearest tower hasn't had the upgrades turned on but I also can hit another tower that has been upgraded. I think when switching between the two things drop. I used to never have issues when using voice around the Point now it drops.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I have been having Voice issues in Utah County. I am in PG but my nearest tower hasn't had the upgrades turned on but I also can hit another tower that has been upgraded. I think when switching between the two things drop. I used to never have issues when using voice around the Point now it drops.

what's ur closest tower?

That is actually a good point about the Voice. that is happening to me too. and i know my family down in Vegas (Henderson/Green Valley area) are having a lot of that happen too.

Bosox1, I am closest to, though not exactly close to,. I hit quite regularly from my home. The latter tower is where I connect for LTE. I have also seen connections to BSLs in Lehi and Lindon. I live on a rise above PG east of the Murdock Canal. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Edited by lilotimz

Bosox1, I am closest to, though not exactly close to, SL03XC414. I hit SL36XC004 quite regularly from my home. The latter tower is where I connect for LTE. I have also seen connections to BSLs in Lehi and Lindon. I live on a rise above PG east of the Murdock Canal. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

ok just curious to see if those towers had upgrades.

Funny you posted this, I was just logging in to ask the same question. About a week ago or so I asked the same question on here and never heard one way or the other as to what's going on. The last couple days have been TERRIBLE with my G2 and my wifes S4. We cant hold a call to save our lives as it keeps disconnecting, losing signal, etc.

This morning my wife and I tried for an hour and 15 minutes calling back forth to one another, getting disconnected, losing signals on our phones. My wife was out with the boys in the snow and we couldn't speak to one another until she was able to get home to use our land line.

At our house in West Jordan around 7000 S 6200 W area we have literally no bars on our phones and the phones are basically useless at this point. On the way back from Utah County this morning for work I stopped by the Sprint Store at 104th/Bangerter and they said that there updating towers for 4g and they dont have a timeline as to when there going to be completed and that's whats causing the poor phone service according to the Sprint employee.

I know this is not a site for voicing issues with Sprint but I'm just curious if anyone knows if our poor service is actually related to the tower upgrades(per the sprint employee) or if it's something else. I dont mind holding on a little longer and waiting this out but I just want an explanation and maybe a timeline as to when this will correct itself.

If they are actually doing cell tower upgrades for 4g that's cool, but if the employee is feeding me a line because he has no idea what's going on and this doesn't clear up soon we'll have to switch carriers.

I have the same issue with my g2 at home. The tower by me wasn't in the first wave of upgrades and so my phone connects to a tower far away to get 4g, in turn my signal is crap and my phone doesn't want to work. In order to fix this I am literally toggling my network between cdma (I use this at home so my phone will connect to the tower closest to me and give me good calls) then when I go to work I change it back to cdma/lte. It's kind of a pain but it's worked for me.

Rockin my LG G2

• Like 1

I got Signal Check Lite but it only shows the strength of the LTE signal. Does the pro version show which bands I'm on?

look in your engineering screen.

Not sure what the deal is, but i live in Lehi and ever since Sprint lit up the 4G tower here my voice quality has been TERRIBLE. I drop calls daily! How is it that they fix one thing and break another? Is anyone else experiencing poor voice quality?

Well...I'm not surprised but anger doesn't even describe how I feel towards Sprint right now.

Sprint Care (@sprintcare) tweeted at 7:55 PM on Sat, Dec 28, 2013:

@CG4BYU Looks like the next 3-6 months LTE should start upgrading in that area. Hang in there, its coming. *EEE

(https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/417126755669790720)

I did figure out how to see which LTE band I'm on through the engineering screen. Even with all the bands enabled I was still only able to get band 25 so I turned the other bands off. Maybe save battery power. 

The weird thing is even with the Airave box on the signal still kind of sucks. The signal at my house is now crazy and on the verge of getting LTE as it pops up sometimes. Only a matter of time before it's fully available.