Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Yeah I meant Ogden dang swype I just can't stand everyone of my friends in the valley has Verizon I am sticking with sprint for the unlimited data but it's useless here off second street I got like .2 Mbps like wtf I might as well scream into a crowd to get info than wait for a page to download lol

Yeah I meant Ogden dang swype I just can't stand everyone of my friends in the valley has Verizon I am sticking with sprint for the unlimited data but it's useless here off second street I got like .2 Mbps like wtf I might as well scream into a crowd to get info than wait for a page to download lol

Just know SOMETIMES LTE won't be very fast either.  Last night while in Salt Lake I had LTE and tested the speeds several times and I got between 0.2-0.6 up and I wasn't able to get faster speeds the rest of the night.

I was in logan the last few days.....and uh...that hyrum tower is having some issues....

Because the super 8 where i stayed the last time had it no problem....this time ehhhh not so much

in fact it was as if they point the antennas, south...because it was no where near that split area, but i hit it WAY south...in fact it was like a 105 about 1 mile before the hill to the canyon....

very odd....and their 3g sucked up there as well

I was reading a thread in the Sprint forums and a CS rep said the following regarding about tower upgrades in Logan and Ogden

"Logan has four towers and currently two of them are undergoing 4G/LTE upgrades and Ogden has several towers with about half scheduled for 4G/LTE upgrades over the next 90 days. Currently there is a ticket that has been issued for service in Ogden (ticket # 2108594)."

http://sprint.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?2.1.GT.2Z2.1g2vJJ.Eu0faO..N.1roUI.5jRo.bW89MQ%5f%5fDIDEFSF0

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

LTE is great and all but I have noticed on average throughout Utah even with full bars/dots I usually get about 3-7 down. And usually my upload is fasted then download. Fastest I have ever pulled was 24 down at the spaghetti bowl site. I'm thinking utah is still under going tweaks and such for LTE but not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lord! What have I done to forsaken me with 3G in Ogden? I promise I will be a better person!

But really. Does Sprint just hate Ogden? 

Sprints official word on the delay is centurylink.  So it's not you.  You dont have to repent for those bad thoughts of leaving sprint for another carrier  :-)

It figures that Century link would be part of this. That is one inept and behind the times company. They only offer 1.5 meg DSL in my neighborhood. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Oh lord you mean Sprint is going to send me a notice in the mail saying they are raising my rates but gives no reason to why? Century link did that to me 3 weeks ago.:( Not only that, lived in a place and got a solid 40mbps down. Nice speeds... moved 1 and 1/2 blocks away... 10 HOUSES AWAY!!!! and the most they could offer me was 5mbps  :devilangel:

So if I understand this right, if CenturyLink is behind the towers of Sprint in Ogden.. then the only way we will ever see LTE is if we (While looking at the tower we wish to connect to) stand on one foot. Balance a glass of chocolate milk on our heads and sing the Bikini Bottom National Anthem.

It figures that Century link would be part of this. That is one inept and behind the times company. They only offer 1.5 meg DSL in my neighborhood. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Amen. Century Link (formerly Qwest) is the only company that I consider worse than Comcast. They have a government sanctioned monopoly (or duopoly with Comcast) on data wires into all of our homes and they have done absolutely nothing with it, other than provide terrible products and spam me with mailers every couple of weeks advertising those terrible products. 

• Like 1

Is anyone experiencing issues with reception on the 1x 800 band? I have had absolutely terrible service for the last few weeks. I can't complete a phone call and it is constantly cutting out to the point that I can't understand anyone on my Galaxy S4. I get a great -73-83dbm signal strength on 1x800 so I am not sure why  I am having issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is anyone experiencing issues with reception on the 1x 800 band? I have had absolutely terrible service for the last few weeks. I can't complete a phone call and it is constantly cutting out to the point that I can't understand anyone on my Galaxy S4. I get a great -73-83dbm signal strength on 1x800 so I am not sure why I am having issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

no I've haven't had any issues.

I tried Century link a few years back....(tired of comcast cost) that lasted about 2 weeks...ill take comcast expense (to a point) 

anyway, was chatting with the tech guy for over an hr (hope he wasnt late to the next appt) :blush:

anyway Century is probably barely coming out of their "over their heads" span....

When qwest sold to century, century at the same time had bought out a bunch of other smaller carriers...

Century WAS BASICLLY A 3RD PARTY SELLER WHO MADE A BUNCH OF CASH  (think those companies that piggy back on the phone lines....

So anyway, they had this cash and thought "how hard can it be, we are running this just fine now"

And proceeded to dump a bunch of cash in to upgrade and "fix" things......

That lasted for about a year....then reality hit

OH SHIT WE OWN THESE LINES, AND EQUIPMENT AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT NEEDS MAINTENANCE!!!!

SO rather then rent or lease these lines, and the other companies have to pay to fix shit that goes wrong....NOW THEY DO

soooo their spending was cut WAY back to conserve cash...and has caused issues, till they get things worked out....

This was about 2.5 yrs ago when i tried it, and they were just at the start of their OH SHIT phase...

So i am guessing this is part of the problem, if its tied to century...

oh and BTW my mom, who lives in a "older" or established part of ogden....around 2nd and wall.....as of a year ago....could only get 768kps for internet :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

which is why i set her up with clear....and is now going to be gone sometime this year.....and i am going to have to figure that out for her :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:  

Is anyone experiencing issues with reception on the 1x 800 band? I have had absolutely terrible service for the last few weeks. I can't complete a phone call and it is constantly cutting out to the point that I can't understand anyone on my Galaxy S4. I get a great -73-83dbm signal strength on 1x800 so I am not sure why  I am having issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Funny you posted this, I was just logging in to ask the same question.  About a week ago or so I asked the same question on here and never heard one way or the other as to what's going on.  The last couple days have been TERRIBLE with my G2 and my wifes S4.  We cant hold a call to save our lives as it keeps disconnecting, losing signal, etc. 

This morning my wife and I tried for an hour and 15 minutes calling back forth to one another, getting disconnected, losing signals on our phones.  My wife was out with the boys in the snow and we couldn't speak to one another until she was able to get home to use our land line. 

At our house in West Jordan around 7000 S 6200 W area we have literally no bars on our phones and the phones are basically useless at this point.  On the way back from Utah County this morning for work I stopped by the Sprint Store at 104th/Bangerter and they said that there updating towers for 4g and they dont have a timeline as to when there going to be completed and that's whats causing the poor phone service according to the Sprint employee. 

I know this is not a site for voicing issues with Sprint but I'm just curious if anyone knows if our poor service is actually related to the tower upgrades(per the sprint employee) or if it's something else.  I dont mind holding on a little longer and waiting this out but I just want an explanation and maybe a timeline as to when this will correct itself.  

If they are actually doing cell tower upgrades for 4g that's cool, but if the employee is feeding me a line because he has no idea what's going on and this doesn't clear up soon we'll have to switch carriers.

Funny you posted this, I was just logging in to ask the same question. About a week ago or so I asked the same question on here and never heard one way or the other as to what's going on. The last couple days have been TERRIBLE with my G2 and my wifes S4. We cant hold a call to save our lives as it keeps disconnecting, losing signal, etc.

This morning my wife and I tried for an hour and 15 minutes calling back forth to one another, getting disconnected, losing signals on our phones. My wife was out with the boys in the snow and we couldn't speak to one another until she was able to get home to use our land line.

At our house in West Jordan around 7000 S 6200 W area we have literally no bars on our phones and the phones are basically useless at this point. On the way back from Utah County this morning for work I stopped by the Sprint Store at 104th/Bangerter and they said that there updating towers for 4g and they dont have a timeline as to when there going to be completed and that's whats causing the poor phone service according to the Sprint employee.

I know this is not a site for voicing issues with Sprint but I'm just curious if anyone knows if our poor service is actually related to the tower upgrades(per the sprint employee) or if it's something else. I dont mind holding on a little longer and waiting this out but I just want an explanation and maybe a timeline as to when this will correct itself.

If they are actually doing cell tower upgrades for 4g that's cool, but if the employee is feeding me a line because he has no idea what's going on and this doesn't clear up soon we'll have to switch carriers.

unfortunately no one will really know. You will get lots of theories etc. I suggest if your having issues to report them to sprint. I have read in other markets during the NV rollout they experienced the same issues? I have a note 2 with a "special" prl and I have had little issues. Again I suggest everyone report their issues or they will never even get looked at or logged therefore won't get fixed and yes they may not fix it right away but if they start getting numerous tickets it will get there attention.

• Like 1

I know this is not a site for voicing issues with Sprint but I'm just curious if anyone knows if our poor service is actually related to the tower upgrades(per the sprint employee) or if it's something else.  I dont mind holding on a little longer and waiting this out but I just want an explanation and maybe a timeline as to when this will correct itself.  

There's what, about a half dozen towers between that sprint store and the one you probably hit at the walmart?  It's very highly unlikely that a sprint store employee would be privy to any information about what you are experiencing.  There is and will be ongoing updates and tweaks to various towers and services over the next year or two, but the primary push in your area is done.

I dont think I could pay a bill every month having service like you (and to be honest, many on the forum) encounter.  It's one thing to show up at a cousins house for a family party that you go to once every two years and find crappy/no service, because every carrier in every market has areas like that. And I think it's foolish to "switch to verizon" for those rare times. However, It's another to have it be problematic between your home/church/school on a fairly consistent basis.

My data is great now that the whole LTE thing kicked in but now my phone service is terrible. I drop calls like crazy. On i15 around 400 south I lose it every day and then again around 7200. Great to have the data speeds but talking on the phone is still important. Moto X

My data is great now that the whole LTE thing kicked in but now my phone service is terrible. I drop calls like crazy. On i15 around 400 south I lose it every day and then again around 7200. Great to have the data speeds but talking on the phone is still important. Moto X

It's funny because in most areas, 1 dot/bar of LTE works (barely) compared to full bars/dots of legacy 3G, still won't load shit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what you're talking about. I agree with the poor LTE getting like 1 or 2 mbps, but my 3g is rocking at full signal. During peak hours, my LTE in the basement is like 3 mbps at -105. but my 3g takes over sometimes at -80 and gets basically the same speed, just higher ping.