Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Where was that posted, or was that pretty much what he posted?

Pay attention to the Network Vision Site Acceptance Report Updates Thread located here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

Here is today's update for the last few days that talks about Utah getting 129 updates.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/?p=250229

Check out the NV Complete Map to see if any of your local towers has LTE now:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

• Like 1

well damnit...nothing in that map farther north then bountiful....(shut up dmplus)

ok i might have to go floorguy that acceptance guy...

shoulda grabbed him by his ankles and shook him over that tunnel till he told me he would do davis/weber county :ninja:  :ninja:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

well damnit...nothing in that map farther north then bountiful....(shut up dmplus)

ok i might have to go floorguy that acceptance guy...

shoulda grabbed him by his ankles and shook him over that tunnel till he told me he would do davis/weber county :ninja:  :ninja:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm not a sponsor, I don't really know what "acceptance" is all about (is that where towers go to feel good about themselves? ), I only know the network engineering plans for cluster deployment.  :-)

Edited by dmplus
  • Like 1

To be honest, I'm not a sponsor, I don't really know what "acceptance" is all about (is that where towers go to feel good about themselves? ), I only know the network engineering plans for cluster deployment. :-)

Now, that's funny right there :)

Rockin my LG G2

• Like 1

NV testing is happening this morning in Saratoga highland and lehi. I've got 1X800 hits from all those locations so far! Sensorly boys and girls!! Who will find lte first in north part of utah county!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

NV testing is happening this morning in Saratoga highland and lehi. I've got 1X800 hits from all those locations so far! Sensorly boys and girls!! Who will find lte first in north part of utah county!

I have LTE at my work (by the e-center, oh wait its the maverick center now :rolleyes: ). Yesterday i had litterally no signal at work or home in west valley and today its finally arrived. WTG sprint!!!

• Like 1

I have LTE at my work (by the e-center, oh wait its the maverick center now :rolleyes: ). Yesterday i had litterally no signal at work or home in west valley and today its finally arrived. WTG sprint!!!

What's your signal strength? If it's very strong, it may be a new tower. 

Iast day for LTE to light in salt lake county (at least in this phase).  Nice that it happened in your area.

I told you utah county was coming.  I dont know if you'll see LTE till next week, but it's time for the utah county people.

Edited by dmplus

Not likely a new tower, it's probalby the one a half mile away from her work on 2700

I'd assume she just meant a tower that was not previously available with LTE. That's why we track sector ids.

I told you utah county was coming. I dont know if you'll see LTE till next week, but it's time for the utah county people.

yeah I had 1x800 on all towers in my area on way into work Lehi bouffdale alpine highland saratoga. Speeds were way up on that tower by Walmart close to 2 megabits down with 150 ish latency. Interesting thing was it was on evdo. When it switched to erphd it went sub 1??

I'd assume she just meant a tower that was not previously available with LTE. That's why we track sector ids.

Yeah, Ive been waiting to pick up the signal from the one on 2700 w but up until today i was still on 3G. Even this morning when I got to work i was on 3G but then while i was in line at starbucks across from valley fair mall i had full LTE signal and my strength was at -97. So im guessing i was hitting the 2700 w tower. First time i've been able to watch netflix since getting rid of my wimax phone :) Anyway, its off now. Guess they were just testing something because im back to 3G.

Yeah, Ive been waiting to pick up the signal from the one on 2700 w but up until today i was still on 3G. Even this morning when I got to work i was on 3G but then while i was in line at starbucks across from valley fair mall i had full LTE signal and my strength was at -97. So im guessing i was hitting the 2700 w tower. First time i've been able to watch netflix since getting rid of my wimax phone :) Anyway, its off now. Guess they were just testing something because im back to 3G.

Ah bummer, I thought you were pulling from a new tower. I'm hoping they aren't done working on SL County for a while. You probably are pulling from the 2700 W tower.

It doesn't make sense to me why they are doing it this way.

actually it makes a lot of sense. Come in knock out a bunch of sites rather than doing the slow roll!

actually it makes a lot of sense. Come in knock out a bunch of sites rather than doing the slow roll!

I just mean with how many holes there are in the valley without a LTE signal. I'm in WJ which looks to be one of the only cities in the valley with no LTE towers at all. It sucks being in that one area in the valley that won't get LTE until who knows when. I know the hardware is there on a lot of the towers too, I took pictures of a lot of them. I'm just being a sore loser :-P

I just mean with how many holes there are in the valley without a LTE signal. I'm in WJ which looks to be one of the only cities in the valley with no LTE towers at all. It sucks being in that one area in the valley that won't get LTE until who knows when. I know the hardware is there on a lot of the towers too, I took pictures of a lot of them. I'm just being a sore loser :-P

part of it could be lack of backhaul as well...and that a simple flick of a switch, and boom its on...

assuming it was 3g accepted

now see I can understand when you say it like that. The problem is we don't know exactly why? Could be backhual provider isn't done, install team messed up install and need to come back out etc. The acceptance team basically comes in checks everything if its good they fire it up test and it gets accepted. Now if its not ready it basically gets kicked back to install crew from what I understand kinda like s punch list situation. If it couldn't be knocked out by the time that team moves through then it wouldnt be in this phase. Hopefully even through this mass acceptance phase some of these will still get done but who knows right know.....not me.

It doesn't make sense to me why they are doing it this way.

Well i'm not promising that one of your towers wont get LTE shortly.  After all if one of your towers was planned on this cluster but one of the RRU's malfunctioned on your tower when they went live, they may get it replaced next week and still light it. (this is just an example off the top of my head and may or may not even be reasonable)  I'm not saying you'll see no additional LTE towers light in salt lake county, only that they have brought online in clusters the ones they planned on at this time and now they are moving to Utah county.

Also none of the carriers have upgraded *all* of their towers to LTE in launched markets (don't believe the verizon fans who claim otherwise).  It would be foolish to assume 100% of their towers would go live within a short period of time.  Most of the other carriers have done half to 80% and then turned up the LTE volume (so to speak) on those sites higher than they have it on their legacy airlink (1X/EVDO/HSPA/EDGE).