Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

There is also an update for the g2 appearing today have you got that notification yet. From what I've read its supposed to be related to LTE connection issues?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

There is also an update for the g2 appearing today have you got that notification yet. From what I've read its supposed to be related to LTE connection issues?

Wow, glad you said that. I just checked for updates and there is one. I will have to wait until i get home since its pretty big and the 3G just wont cut it LOL. It must be the fix for LTE not staying connected in some markets. I havent had an issue in Utah but i did in Vegas...

Wow, glad you said that. I just checked for updates and there is one. I will have to wait until i get home since its pretty big and the 3G just wont cut it LOL. It must be the fix for LTE not staying connected in some markets. I havent had an issue in Utah but i did in Vegas...

I got the update earlier today and downloaded it. I haven't noticed any difference yet as far as connectivity to 4g. I'm still picking up 4g on my G2 but the speeds still suck and theres no difference before I downloaded the update. A guy from the G2 forum looked up the update on I believe the sprint website, and he says the update had to do with a audio fix/google security update not so much to do with 4g lte. Who knows what the update was for, I guess time will tell. ;-)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got the update earlier today and downloaded it. I haven't noticed any difference yet as far as connectivity to 4g. I'm still picking up 4g on my G2 but the speeds still suck and theres no difference before I downloaded the update. A guy from the G2 forum looked up the update on I believe the sprint website, and he says the update had to do with a audio fix/google security update not so much to do with 4g lte. Who knows what the update was for, I guess time will tell. ;-)

Ahh thanks bacjbbrooks

Was going through intersection Redwood Rd./7000 South about 20 mins ago and actually picked a decent 4g signal....3 bars and a -89. Ran a speed test and had a 4 down/5 up, not great but respectable. Still trying to figure out this G2, so haven't figured out how to get screen shots of everything quite yet.

Just curious...has anyone been having voicemail issues lately?  For the past few weeks my voicemails take a while to show up then when they do it shows them but won't play them for another 10-20 min.  It will show that there is a voicemail but it has 0:00 worth of message then 10-20 min later I can actually listen to it and it will show 0:12 or 0:22, however long the voicemail message is.  Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. 

Just curious...has anyone been having voicemail issues lately? For the past few weeks my voicemails take a while to show up then when they do it shows them but won't play them for another 10-20 min. It will show that there is a voicemail but it has 0:00 worth of message then 10-20 min later I can actually listen to it and it will show 0:12 or 0:22, however long the voicemail message is. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

nope no issues here.

So it's Christmas today Dec 6th! I live in Bluffdale in a freak'n river bottom (Jordan River). It's always been a Sprint black hole as far as signal. We needed an Airave in the house to connect.

So..And what do I see when I look at my G2 on my bedside table tonight???

post-24685-0-07036300-1386398789_thumb.png

post-24685-0-92415600-1386398795_thumb.png

So it's Christmas today Dec 6th! I live in Bluffdale in a freak'n river bottom (Jordan River). It's always been a Sprint black hole as far as signal. We needed an Airave in the house to connect.

So..And what do I see when I look at my G2 on my bedside table tonight???

Thats great!! Your connected to a tower in riverton.

Hey guys! Been following this site for a while checking the updates on the little movement we have had with LTE in Utah. When I first signed up with sprint 2 years ago I use to get decent wimax on my Samsung galaxy s2 but last year it just dropped like a rock and I have had nothing but crappy 3g service since. Today I am proud to say I came into work and I have LTE! I work at 2700 S and Bangeter hwy in west valley. I hope it stays on and is not a fluke.

Humm they must have been testing it only lasted about an hour for me back to 3g. I was getting speeds on my LTE up to 2.5 Mbs but it was very unstable with huge lag spikes.

Things should be settled in Salt Lake County by early next week, then one more week till Utah county gets lit :-)

• Like 2

Just curious...has anyone been having voicemail issues lately? For the past few weeks my voicemails take a while to show up then when they do it shows them but won't play them for another 10-20 min. It will show that there is a voicemail but it has 0:00 worth of message then 10-20 min later I can actually listen to it and it will show 0:12 or 0:22, however long the voicemail message is. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Things should be settled in Salt Lake County by early next week, then one more week till Utah county gets lit :-)

How do you know Utah county will be getting it in a week?

This morning I did see a boom lift parked next to a tower off Orem 800 N and US 189.

How do you know Utah county will be getting it in a week?

This morning I did see a boom lift parked next to a tower off Orem 800 N and US 189.

Sprint sources.  And I didn't say in a week, I said approx a week from early next week  ;-)

I have more deatiled information but I dont think they'd appreciate specifics getting out.

Edited by dmplus

Sprint sources. And I didn't say in a week, I said approx a week from early next week ;-)

I have more deatiled information but I dont think they'd appreciate specifics getting out.

feel free to pm me...

Sprint sources. And I didn't say in a week, I said approx a week from early next week ;-)

You gotta be in the club to be in the know :-P

Sprint sources.  And I didn't say in a week, I said approx a week from early next week  ;-)

Let them out.....

just not the source :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1

While at Kearns High School this morning for a dance recital with full 4G. This is a screen shot from later today with WiFi on. The result doesn't show whether it was 4G or 3G. However, the antenna logo next to the date shows that it was through Sprint. You'll just have to take my word for it. Also, signals can sometimes be bad in buildings but the 4G was strong all through the school. 

tUYRa2P.png

• Like 1

Let them out.....

just not the source :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

You're not going to be happy about Ogden/Layton.  Lets just say Santa probably wont make it up north for this christmas  :-)

While at Kearns High School this morning for a dance recital with full 4G. This is a screen shot from later today with WiFi on. The result doesn't show whether it was 4G or 3G. However, the antenna logo next to the date shows that it was through Sprint. You'll just have to take my word for it. Also, signals can sometimes be bad in buildings but the 4G was strong all through the school. 

That's because the site behind the school at the storage facility on 54th should be lit.  I'd post the site ID but S4GRU generally gets cranky about that sort of thing.  So here's a Google map coordinate.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+5500+S&daddr=Kearns+High+School,+5525+S+Cougar+Ln,+Kearns,+UT+84118&hl=en&geocode=Fd1JbAIdT_9S-Q%3BFVpBbAIdqvVS-SkXTVyvy41ShzHJcLsiVU3y-Q&sll=40.651582,-112.001356&sspn=0.002354,0.002363&vpsrc=0&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=19&ie=UTF8&ll=40.651593,-112.001356&spn=0.004685,0.004726&z=18&iwloc=A&q=W+5500+S

Edited by dmplus