Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Really? Without forcing LTE? I live in Sandy and I haven't been able to get any LTE from the new towers without forcing LTE. Admittedly, I was scouting the Midvale tower today, only as far south as 90th.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know its simple but did you do a profile update?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if there is something wrong with my phone. I've been able to connect to '4g,' but I still can't manage over 1 MBPS. I was right by where I think the tower is in draper and....nothing. It said 4g and the call quality was good, but craptastic Internet. I have a galaxy s 3. I am a big time newbie about this stuff. Thanks in advance.

Don't do that. I understand the desire to 'make it work', but It doesn't work well with the rest of you phone settings. I personally had all of my audio players go to sh*t after I did this (Pandora, Google Play Music, built in audio player). It was definitely NOT worth the problems it caused.

Just wait until January for the SPARK upgrade to get the software update along with the added bands

You must have done something wrong. I and others have been able to enable Band 41 on a Nexus 5 no problem, and have it connect in markets where they are allowing connections.

Just wondering if there is something wrong with my phone. I've been able to connect to '4g,' but I still can't manage over 1 MBPS. I was right by where I think the tower is in draper and....nothing. It said 4g and the call quality was good, but craptastic Internet. I have a galaxy s 3. I am a big time newbie about this stuff. Thanks in advance.

I think it's because they're still working on the towers and 4G isn't completely turned on yet.. Just a guess though

Run the signal check app or your engineering screen and see how your 4g signal is.  If you are getting a very weak signal like -100 or around there that doesn't surprise me you have lower speeds.  Also have you driven around to different parts of draper?  All of the sites in draper aren't activated just a few of them got 4g lit up and the rest were 3g accepted only.

Was @ the 104th/Bangerter sprint store in S. Jordan earlier today and the guy was telling me that everything in Utah County and downtown slc/northern end of slc has been tested and turned on 4g ready. He said there currently in a testing phase for the areas that haven't been tested(everything in the middle of downtown slc to utah county). He said everything will be tested and 4g ready by the end of the month, hopefully sooner. Until then you'll be seeing 4g on your phone but the speeds will suck a** until there done with the testing and its officially turned on. Take that with a grain of salt but that's what the sprint rep said.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It says - 80 is that good or bad? I'm at 5600 s state. Getting 0.2 mbps. I hope it is just that they are still working on the towers.

-80 is a very good signal.  Make sure thats your LTE signal and not your voice signal.  There are a number of other factors that it could be.  Give it a few weeks and if you don't start seeing better speeds we could probably start to trouble shoot and also see what other people are experiencing around you.  So far all the speed tests I've seen down there have been solid.  Give it a little more time though before you start to worry.

Really? Without forcing LTE? I live in Sandy and I haven't been able to get any LTE from the new towers without forcing LTE. Admittedly, I was scouting the Midvale tower today, only as far south as 90th.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep, wasn't forcing it. I did force it and discovered numerous bad side effects in other parts of my phone, so I'm back to those bands disabled. I am not getting the 4GLTE today in the same location. Still, I'm excited they are working on the tower.

I have had no signal ever since i got home from work, turned off my wifi and low and behold my beautiful 4G LTE light came on. Im at 5600 w and 2600 s in west valley. Speed tests suck but at least i know why i have no signal. Im not sure if this helps you guys but my signal strength shows -116 dbm 24 asu. Heres hoping that down by my work, by the e center gets turned on soon too :)

I have had no signal ever since i got home from work, turned off my wifi and low and behold my beautiful 4G LTE light came on. Im at 5600 w and 2600 s in west valley. Speed tests suck but at least i know why i have no signal. Im not sure if this helps you guys but my signal strength shows -116 dbm 24 asu. Heres hoping that down by my work, by the e center gets turned on soon too :)

Make a small donation and you will be able to see a lot more detailed info as to progess. Once you donate juct click on links in my signature. And your right -116 is very weak for LTE and is probably almost unusable. a couple of apps that are recommened by the masses around here signal check pro and sensorly. Welcome to the site enjoy!

I beleive the E-center site may be skipped in the first round when they ususally turn on around half the towers.  The one by decker lake on 2700 should go live if it hasnt.

I beleive the E-center site may be skipped in the first round when they ususally turn on around half the towers. The one by decker lake on 2700 should go live if it hasnt.

its got 3g so if backhual is there 4g will be right behind it.

I beleive the E-center site may be skipped in the first round when they ususally turn on around half the towers.  The one by decker lake on 2700 should go live if it hasnt.

Actually today, i have had intermittent connections to LTE at work. Strange thing is everytime LTE lights up on my phone, there is no signal but when it switches off to 3G I have full signal again. My work is at 2600 S and decker. Either way it makes me excited to see they are working on it!!!

Actually today, i have had intermittent connections to LTE at work. Strange thing is everytime LTE lights up on my phone, there is no signal but when it switches off to 3G I have full signal again. My work is at 2600 S and decker. Either way it makes me excited to see they are working on it!!!

Yeah, i figured you'd likely have the signal at work today.  Most of the towers from NSL to draper that are going to go live should be live by this weekend. 

I used to work at the old franklin covey campus years ago.  What businesses are out there now?

Yeah, i figured you'd likely have the signal at work today.  Most of the towers from NSL to draper that are going to go live should be live by this weekend. 

I used to work at the old franklin covey campus years ago.  What businesses are out there now?

Franklin Covey is still there, ADP, Coventry Healthcare, there's a charter school too now right by decker lake (not sure what they were thinking on that), Express check recovery, theres even the Dept of defense headquarters building on Decker. Now that trax is right there more and more stuff just keeps coming in.

Here are some pics from last night if it helps anything. My phone is new so I'm not sure if this is the screen that will tell you anything as I'm still getting used to it.

post-19083-0-99097800-1386363454_thumb.jpgpost-19083-0-37762400-1386363460_thumb.jpg

Actually today, i have had intermittent connections to LTE at work. Strange thing is everytime LTE lights up on my phone, there is no signal but when it switches off to 3G I have full signal again. My work is at 2600 S and decker. Either way it makes me excited to see they are working on it!!!

sounds like they are testing the lte side of things