Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Devices will be here shortly. I'd rather them have a higher percentage of sites ready then release devices rather than the current set up with a bunch of devices out that cannot use the service? Look into freedom pop they have a good deal for a hotspot currently. I might have to pull the trigger?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

that was a slap in the face when i read about that... i agree 100%, if your up for an upgrade i would go with either the G2 or the nexus 5, (i know doesnt sound great if you wanted an iphone) but me personally, i might wait until the next iphone just because of tri band support, unless they make a 5S with support for band 41 in the future... which would be pretty freakin sweat <_<

Problem is, this phone is meant for China Mobile. Apple still doesn't have a deal signed with China Mobile yet. To further elaborate, the Chinese use weird frequencies and standards the rest of the world doesn't use, specifically TD-SCDMA. A China Mobile iPhone would have TD-SCDMA support as well as GSM/UMTS/LTE/TD-LTE support. Now could you add CDMA1X/EV-DO to that? Possibly, but I don't have any clue how the RF works on the new iPhones yet so I have no clue. Is it worth Apple doing a short update for TD-LTE support? We'll see. They have done mid year updates for AWS HSPA, so I'm not going to say it's impossible. I did think that there would be a similar model for China, Japan, and Sprint with this update of the iPhone, so maybe Apple could just roll that out early on while iPhone supply is still short for the 5S. 

Problem is, this phone is meant for China Mobile. Apple still doesn't have a deal signed with China Mobile yet. To further elaborate, the Chinese use weird frequencies and standards the rest of the world doesn't use, specifically TD-SCDMA. A China Mobile iPhone would have TD-SCDMA support as well as GSM/UMTS/LTE/TD-LTE support. Now could you add CDMA1X/EV-DO to that? Possibly, but I don't have any clue how the RF works on the new iPhones yet so I have no clue. Is it worth Apple doing a short update for TD-LTE support? We'll see. They have done mid year updates for AWS HSPA, so I'm not going to say it's impossible. I did think that there would be a similar model for China, Japan, and Sprint with this update of the iPhone, so maybe Apple could just roll that out early on while iPhone supply is still short for the 5S. 

Apple did do a mid year frequency support upgrade on their GSM model to support HSPA+ on AWS, but that was not a software update, they rolled new hardware.  It had the same model number, but iphone 5's that do not have the new circuitry are not compatible with HSPA+ on AWS, nor will they ever be. 

It's not just Apple either, Samsung did the same thing wtih their t-mobile galaxy S3. It required a new hardware revision to add LTE support and so early t-mobile S3's do not support LTE but current ones do.

So, for this reason, I still maintain that it is foolish to sign a 2 year contract on a non triband iphone 5S.

Edited by dmplus

Apple did do a mid year frequency support upgrade on their GSM model to support HSPA+ on AWS, but that was not a software update, they rolled new hardware.  It had the same model number, but iphone 5's that do not have the new circuitry are not compatible with HSPA+ on AWS, nor will they ever be. 

It's not just Apple either, Samsung did the same thing wtih their t-mobile galaxy S3. It required a new hardware revision to add LTE support and so early t-mobile S3's do not support LTE but current ones do.

So, for this reason, I still maintain that it is foolish to sign a 2 year contract on a non triband iphone 5S.

I got my girl a brand new s3 right before tmobiles rollout for LTE and it doesn't support it. It was about a month and those jerks would honor it and give me a LTE version. I was so mad! But she's ok with her HSPA+ . Still annoying tho! I hope apple rollouts a triband phone before the next iphone !

So I saw some trucks and people up by one of the towers here in ogden so I was thinking they might actually be doing something here in ogden. So I went up and talked to them and it turns out they are working on at&t. I didn't know we shared towers with at&t and thought maybe the guy just didn't want to tell me anything. Anyone have any ideas?? I won't say what tower since I found it on the sponsor page

So I saw some trucks and people up by one of the towers here in ogden so I was thinking they might actually be doing something here in ogden. So I went up and talked to them and it turns out they are working on at&t. I didn't know we shared towers with at&t and thought maybe the guy just didn't want to tell me anything. Anyone have any ideas?? I won't say what tower since I found it on the sponsor page

Technically, (more often than not) all carriers share towers amongst each other.  Although carriers with similar frequencies find it more common to share towers (sprint/tmo/cricket).  In some cases you'll find 4 or 5 carriers on the same tower.

Also, these days most towers are owned by a tower managment company rather than a carrier, so while you may have ran into ATT people it may not have actually been an AT&T owned tower.

So can anyone post a link of Tri Band Devices? Just curious, I currently have a HTC one.

Check out this spreadsheet.  If you scroll to the right and look at the top of the columns, you will see if any particular phone supports LTE 800, LTE 1900 and LTE 2600.  You will see that the LG G2, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Nexus 5, GS4 mini are the only triband LTE phones.  Also the HTC One is only single band LTE 1900 supported.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2456-sprint-lte-device-release-dates/

ohhh the mega???

hummm to bad it is a step down in other hardware categorys vs the note 2...never mind what the note 3 will have

yeah but note 3 won't have tri band

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

yeah but note 3 won't have tri band

yea....when is the mega for sprint suppose to be out??

i saw a att variant....and its a jump, like the note 2 from the sg3 was...

cant decide if i like the g2...no sd card, or removable battery

Well I currently use my phones hotspot and its only 3g so it blows. I do a lot of s4gru work at work.....don't tell my boss lol....so it can be painfully slow sometimes. It would be nice to have in general. I don't have a contract uobfor another year and since the note 3 was a let down I don't know if I can justify full price for a device I really don't want. We will see I'm sure I could unload my note 2 for a good price to pay for a good part of an off contract phone? Who knows its only October I'm sure we will see more high end devices in the next 6 months.