Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Nevermind that last post, somehow I did a butt post. I downloaded tapatalk so I can attach screen shots easier, but specific to the engineering/technical info.... is the engineering info off my phone(##debug#) more useful information than information you get from the signal pro app??

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I was wondering if that was what you did? I dontvthinkbive seen a butt post lol. Yes the engineering screen is the one everyone wants to see....why I don't know exactly but that's the way it is.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

I have 4 towers within a mile and a half of my house and I get a signal of about -90dbm at best and usually around -109 most often. I am hoping that there is work going on in my area. I got the addresses for the towers but have yet to have the time to go check out the sites. I will make that my goal this weekend. When I go out there am I looking for more than just new boxes on the ground and people physically working on the towers?

I was wondering if that was what you did? I dontvthinkbive seen a butt post lol. Yes the engineering screen is the one everyone wants to see....why I don't know exactly but that's the way it is.

appreciate it bosox, thank you!

I have 4 towers within a mile and a half of my house and I get a signal of about -90dbm at best and usually around -109 most often. I am hoping that there is work going on in my area. I got the addresses for the towers but have yet to have the time to go check out the sites. I will make that my goal this weekend. When I go out there am I looking for more than just new boxes on the ground and people physically working on the towers?

here ya go...because this was EASY to spot....its tough on multiple carriers to find it in the mess...

sprint seems to be on the top, or 2nd 1 down

e5f67f09-c991-4fa4-bfa4-18793aeccc66.jpg

• Like 2

I sure hope they get the 4G LTE up and running in Layton.  My current 3G download speed is 0.50 mbps and upload 0.01 mbps - which essentially makes my phone a Wifi only phone.  And it's been that way for over a year since I signed up.  Not sure why I decided to get Sprint and pay $160 a month for two phones that can't even do data or internet on the roam.  (Knocks head).  Very embarassing when I'm out with friends who have Verizon.  I get laughed at a lot.

Rick

I sure hope they get the 4G LTE up and running in Layton.  My current 3G download speed is 0.50 mbps and upload 0.01 mbps - which essentially makes my phone a Wifi only phone.  And it's been that way for over a year since I signed up.  Not sure why I decided to get Sprint and pay $160 a month for two phones that can't even do data or internet on the roam.  (Knocks head).  Very embarassing when I'm out with friends who have Verizon.  I get laughed at a lot.

Rick

its coming.

Rick

I have access to and swap around between devices on all the carriers. I tell everyone that they need to pick a provider that works for them.  If Sprint didn't work well in my neighborhood I wouldn't recommend them to neighbors/friends.  If you don't like your carrier then switch.  Wait 6 months, re-evaluate then come back if you want.  The other three carriers have LTE in Layton.

well this is the tower in kaysville, off the freeway...

uhhhh something made a home

20130829_114802.jpg

and there hasnt been ANY work on this one.....the weeds in the cage area where almost as tall as me

That's the tower by the emission station, not the one at united rentals right?  I know the tower behind the 7-11 in kaysville has nextel equipment and I assume sprint signal as well.

yea, by the emissions.....

no sprint at the 1 behind 7-11....it is tmobile as i asked techs that were working there 2 mths ago....

didnt look closely enough to pick out nextel, because they get moody if you get to close while they are working....

anyway....that is why i asked the question about sprint overlaying areas, where nextel is and sprint isnt....

yea, by the emissions.....

no sprint at the 1 behind 7-11....it is tmobile as i asked techs that were working there 2 mths ago....

didnt look closely enough to pick out nextel, because they get moody if you get to close while they are working....

anyway....that is why i asked the question about sprint overlaying areas, where nextel is and sprint isnt....

Yeah, i know that has been fully upgraded for t-mobile (moving hspa to 1900 and then LTE).  but I know for sure that the "building" at the base clearly says nextel :-)  I assumed the top rack was nextel.

Edited by dmplus

post-23909-0-35303200-1377809356_thumb.jpg

I was doing some errands by 3300 S Trax station & I stumble upon Sprint techs, I ask when could be getting LTE up & running in SLC valley & they explain that usually takes 6 months for everything to be ready( installation, tests, approval, etc).

Wil see how it goes..

And this is what I assumed to be the tower configuration:

Nextel

T-mobile

Sprint

However I am not a professional tower panel/antenna reader like some here are so I'm probably wrong. :-)

post-23443-0-11671400-1377828559_thumb.jpg

On my way to the U football game yesterday I picked up lte on the freeway going northbound on I-15 just north of I-80 until right before the 600 s offramp. Then it was gone. FYI no lte signal in the U stadium or on U campus where I walked. Sensorly says someone was seeing signals up there but no love last night.

Up on the top of I Street around 13th Ave/Northcrest Drive and was picking up LTE and now it's gone. Here's the engineering screen shot below so you experts can get the info you need.

maybe site on foothill. we dont have all the info for that tower.

maybe site on foothill. we dont have all the info for that tower.

I'm up here all the time and have never received a lte signal before before today, unless it's been here and just missed it. LTE is now back on with signal strength anywhere from - 90 to - 106

On my S4 I have to turn on airplane mode and then turn it off in order to get LTE to show up. I drive from Taylorsville to Ogden every day and it never switches to LTE. 

I look forward to the time where my phone doesn't have to choose between 3G and LTE.

Edited by ANIMAL7296

On my way to the U football game yesterday I picked up lte on the freeway going northbound on I-15 just north of I-80 until right before the 600 s offramp. Then it was gone. FYI no lte signal in the U stadium or on U campus where I walked. Sensorly says someone was seeing signals up there but no love last night.

I had LTE for about half the game. Assuming it was from the foothill site so i didn't bother with screenshots.  It would go in and out, but Speedtest would show 2-3 Mbps.

I'm up here all the time and have never received a lte signal before before today, unless it's been here and just missed it. LTE is now back on with signal strength anywhere from - 90 to - 106

if I remember you were at 107 signal strength which is pushing it for usability so conditions may have just been perfect? I do see a few sensorly dots up there so I'd guess its that tower on foothill. Until we get all the hex I'd and sector ids for that tower all we can do is assume.