Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

talking about coverage, i just checked the coverage map at coverage.sprint.com...it says all of laredo should have LTE....LIES!

i'm sitting on a "LTE fair coverage area" and i have 3G... :lol:  :td:

That's what they meant by official launch. lol

• Like 1

We all know that the maps are inaccurate, at least at first. They seem to show what coverage *will* be like when more sites come online, rather than what it really is right now. It also overestimates the coverage from a single site quite a bit. It's rather annoying.

• Like 1

I got LTE at State Farm Arena in Hidalgo. Ran a couple speed tests: first averaged 4.66 Mbps down and .25 Mbps up and the second was 3.98 Mbps down and .40 Mbps up.

It's a better than the usual <1.00 Mbps down that the rest of McAllen/Edinburg get.

Also, this was only outside the arena. Inside, I couldn't even keep a steady 3G signal.

I've also gotten LTE at Nolana and Exp. 281, 281/83 interchange, and in Alamo. LTE didn't stay on long enough for me to run a speed test in any of those spots though.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Sprint convert the current Clearwire WiMAX network in Corpus Christi to LTE-TDD anytime soon?

They will likely start to overlay TDD-LTE on WiMax sites in Corpus Christi before the end not the year. It will take a Sprint Triband device to use it.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They will likely start to overlay TDD-LTE on WiMax sites in Corpus Christi before the end not the year. It will take a Sprint Triband device to use it.

Robert, 

What would constitute a 800mhz tower?

Robert,

What would constitute a 800mhz tower?

Sprint is deploying both 1x and LTE on 800MHz. 1x brings voice and text. LTE brings data.

800MHz has superior propagation characteristics allowing it to travel farther and penetrate buildings better.

Sprint is actively deploying voice/text on 800MHz now all around the country, and LTE on 800 is beginning to be deployed now.

Sweet thanks for the heads up... wish they move faster though:P

Wish that too. But now that the tower near where I work is already live, I think I can live with a slower pace

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk Pro

If Clear is no longer selling WiMAX devices, then why is Sprint? top_headline.png

Got LTE yesterday at 10th and the Expressway in McAllen. 7.19 Mbps down. I think it's finally working in most of that area.

Last week, down at SPI, I got LTE signal on the causeway and on the 7th floor of the hotel; LTE was significantly slower than the 3G though.