Galaxy S24 Info & Discussion

PythonFanPA

Read where the S24 may be coming out in January this year so have started trying to check for info regularly.   Here's a few recent articles to start with...

Unveiled in San Fran in January?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_to_unveil_galaxy_s24_series_in_january_2024_in_san_francisco-news-60200.php

Rumored 7 color options:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S24-Galaxy-S24-Plus-and-Galaxy-S24-Ultra-rumoured-to-be-launching-with-seven-colour-options-including-new-brighter-hues.760596.0.html

Upgraded to 2500 nits of brightness:

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s24-display-2500-nits-brightness/

Early comparative between expected S24 Ultra and Pixel 8 Pro:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s24-ultra-vs-google-pixel-8-pro-which-flagship-could-win

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo the question.  It looks like they are giving $500 for a note20 ultra trade in for a s23 ultra,  I use an s22 as my daily, the note is the home phone, so I would simply rotate (still owe some on the s22)

So is it worth it to get the 23 v 22, or should I wait and hope they give as good for the note, when the 24 comes out??

Did that make sense??? LOL

13 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Think you accidently hit the wrong thread FG, this is the S24 thread vs S23 :)

No, it's the right one.

Do I get the 23, now that I get 500 for my note 20?

OR

Do wait and just get the 24 because it's so close and they may possibly give more for the 20 (or could be less hence the question)

So see? To 24 or not to 24

11 hours ago, floorguy said:

Do wait and just get the 24 because it's so close and they may possibly give more for the 20 (or could be less hence the question)

I suspect the trade in for the Note 20 won't go up any higher, but I'm really not sure. I was very surprised at how *little* they offered to trade in my S21 Ultra. I think Samsung was offering like $300 at the time of the S23 Ultra launch. Best Buy bumped it to like $400, but it wasn't even half the cost so I'm surprised they're even offering $500 for the Note 20 at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

The S24s have cleared the FCC for what is expected to be a mid January launch.  https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s24-pass-fcc-certification-usa/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

bleh... app wont work, website wont let me log in to the right place.....

Not impressed on my first day of release order...

But getting a smoking price for my trade in lol

• Like 1

I placed a preorder to upgrade from S22+ 256gb to S24+ 512gb (unlocked in both cases) ....little over $450 net total financed for 24mos with the trade in and monthly just went up maybe $2 more than what I was at before.  After 2 years it just seemed a no brainer, plus I've always had weird intermittent issues with the flashlight mode on the S22+. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

I placed a preorder to upgrade from S22+ 256gb to S24+ 512gb (unlocked in both cases) ....little over $450 net total financed for 24mos with the trade in and monthly just went up maybe $2 more than what I was at before.  After 2 years it just seemed a no brainer, plus I've always had weird intermittent issues with the flashlight mode on the S22+. 

I finally got the stupid site to go through.  I got $600 for the note 20 ultra. That was a no brainer when I saw that number (350 for the 23 in Nov) plus with all the other incentives got new buds to.

So I'll shift my 22 to the house phone and rock the 24. And next year do it again for the 25 I guess.

Oh I got the Orange 1, plus I'll get the crave case with built in magnet.  Had this brand case on the last 3 phones.  Works real well. Slim, but protects (dropped more times than I care to count). Excited to go back to the flat screen, never used the side bar thing.

I swear by the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro cases only, have used them across 4-5 different phones now and doubt I'd ever change unless the company went out of business. The new one gets here Monday awaiting the new device in a few weeks. 

• Like 2

Ordered the S24 in orange, 256GB. $550 trade-in credit for my S23, and $24 for two years of Care+. That's as good as trade-ins are gonna get as far as I can figure, so no point waiting.

The phone (finally) has n70 support too, so if Project Genesis gets retired or something, or Dish launches a pay per gig eSIM, I'll be able to use that on the same.phone finally.

4 hours ago, iansltx said:

Ordered the S24 in orange, 256GB. $550 trade-in credit for my S23, and $24 for two years of Care+. That's as good as trade-ins are gonna get as far as I can figure, so no point waiting.

The phone (finally) has n70 support too, so if Project Genesis gets retired or something, or Dish launches a pay per gig eSIM, I'll be able to use that on the same.phone finally.

Orange all the way baby hahah.

So wait you got only the 256? they didn't offer double?

And only $24 for a full 2 years instead of $12 (now $15 after 1st month, I might just cancel that) 

oh now that i am reading some of this, I guess its just the standard not the ultra??  my mistake

If he only got the base 24, think 128/256 are the only storage options at that level.  And in the past 256 was the max on the plus variants, this is the first I remember with a 512 level offered there. 

I really don't need 512 myself but with the launch promo free boost to the higher storage its like, why wouldn't you?

S24s are shipping this morning for orders placed several days later with Samsung for Friday delivery.

• Like 1

I was ust going to say this... And it's happy birthday to me.. Get my phone on my 50th... whoooo hooo..Still makes me feel like a 30 yr old to get a new phone (back when the tech was crazy from year to year)

• Like 1

Seen some reports about the Ultra screen being dim when compared to the s21 ultra.  I figure we have enough people and discipline to figure this out. I have s21 Ultras so will hopefully be able to do this comparison in daylight, which is where you need the brightness. Hopefully this issue just affects a few units.

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Seen some reports about the Ultra screen being dim when compared to the s21 ultra.  I figure we have enough people and discipline to figure this out. I have s21 Ultras so will hopefully be able to do this comparison in daylight, which is where you need the brightness. Hopefully this issue just affects a few units.

Hum, considering they are saying this is 1 of the big improvements. Was it 2600 nits I think?