Google Pixel 7

mikejeep

15 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

But again....this is about seeing if a similar feature exists for the Pixel 7 series.ย  It would seem that the answer is no.ย 

I'm not entirely sure how casting to TVs work as I never do it. I have a Chromecast with Google TV so all the apps are built in. I haven't "cast" anything from my phone in years. Can you set up a router, even without an internet connection, and cast through that wifi network? No clue if that would work just trying to come up with solutions.

take the train from the precinct to Best Buy in Buckhead to trade this thing back in lol.ย  Good riddance!!

I'm very surprised you dislike the device so much. My brother just traded in his S20+ for the P7 Pro and loves it, feels like a good upgrade for him.

First item of the day...VOTE in the runoff election here in Georgia.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm not entirely sure how casting to TVs work as I never do it. I have a Chromecast with Google TV so all the apps are built in. I haven't "cast" anything from my phone in years. Can you set up a router, even without an internet connection, and cast through that wifi network? No clue if that would work just trying to come up with solutions.

I'm very surprised you dislike the device so much. My brother just traded in his S20+ for the P7 Pro and loves it, feels like a good upgrade for him.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I spent TWO HOURS at best buy in Buckhead today and did finally switch it for the S22 Ultra.....which I'm kinda planning on marrying.ย  I'm quite content with the upgrade (see what I did there?).ย 

P.s.ย  it definitely works all over without wifi.ย  Been doing it all evening.ย 

3 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I hear ya.. basically just casting/Chromecast for native support on a Pixel, not surprisingly they want to sell their own gear. The strategy works, because I've purchased several TVs over the past year, and as a Pixel fan, I limited my options to models that had Google TV as the OS. (FWIW, I've been very pleased with that interface for my needs, but that's a whole other topic). As such, it makes sense for Samsung users to stay with the Samsung ecosystem (and Apple with Apple, etc). Unfortunately not everything is universal, but I think we have come a long way overall. Looking forward to USB-C on the next iPhone to help ease that nuisance..

Shit..as much as i hate to admit it......you're not wrong.ย  Heard. Loud and clear.ย 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I am still not seeing SA n25 anymore on my Google Pixel 7 Pro.ย  I wonder why we lost it specifically on this device and if we will ever get it back? I am sad I cannot map n25 anymore. The only time I see n25 is NSA.

Robert

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:37 AM, S4GRU said:

I am still not seeing SA n25 anymore on my Google Pixel 7 Pro.ย  I wonder why we lost it specifically on this device and if we will ever get it back? I am sad I cannot map n25 anymore. The only time I see n25 is NSA.

Robert

I saw a Reddit post talking about how it had been removed, but no one seemed to know why. Very strange given how widespread it has become, and how T-Mobile seems to favor it as the PCC on devices that can connect to it, at least around here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I saw a Reddit post talking about how it had been removed, but no one seemed to know why. Very strange given how widespread it has become, and how T-Mobile seems to favor it as the PCC on devices that can connect to it, at least around here.

Yeah, it worked great.ย  I had zero problems.ย  It did strongly prefer n25 over n41.ย  But n25 was way better performance than n41 around here.ย  That's the only thing I can think of as why maybe they shut it down.ย  I hope I'm not banned from n25 the remaining years I have this device!ย ย :wall:

Robert

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 4:18 PM, S4GRU said:

Yeah, it worked great.ย  I had zero problems.ย  It did strongly prefer n25 over n41.ย  But n25 was way better performance than n41 around here.ย  That's the only thing I can think of as why maybe they shut it down.ย  I hope I'm not banned from n25 the remaining years I have this device!ย ย :wall:

Robert

Received an update yesterday and n25 is back on Pixel 7 Pro!ย  Yay!!

Robert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now if the Pixel 7 Pro will just work with NR Voice, that'd be great. When NR Voice went live in the Seattle market, my P7P immediately would connect to voice network. You could see it on all the screens.ย  But I cannot connect to incoming calls, and if I try to place an outgoing call it immediately says "Call Ended."

I was hoping when the update for came in that enabled n25 back, the NR Voice situation would fix itself. Unfortunately, no.

Robert

Screenshot_20230629-063744.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...