Local news posts map of proposed local VZW 5G sites

newboyx

5 minutes ago, newboyx said:

Long time no see!  I remember all the hysteria about 4G too.  Sheeple!

Robert

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long time no see!  I remember all the hysteria about 4G too.  Sheeple!
Robert
How much you want to bet the same people that say this have a WiFi router in their house. [emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If people are worried about radiation from 5G small cells show them the transmit power for TV and radio towers. They'll really lose their minds. Your talking a handful of watts vs hundreds of thousands to millions years ago. Im not sure if they're still that strong today or not. Someone brought that point up over on HoFo when someone pointed out a SirusXM repeater at 5,000 watts I think it was. I couldn't imagine paying the electric bill for a 1,000,000 watt transmitter.

• Like 1

If people are worried about radiation from 5G small cells show them the transmit power for TV and radio towers. They'll really lose their minds. Your talking a handful of watts vs hundreds of thousands to millions years ago. Im not sure if they're still that strong today or not. Someone brought that point up over on HoFo when someone pointed out a SirusXM repeater at 5,000 watts I think it was. I couldn't imagine paying the electric bill for a 1,000,000 watt transmitter.
Found it.71dc4f993ce163273d310828a25a0427.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Hello, there.  I'm a TV engineer.

Power for a TV station license is measured as effective radiated power, based on antenna gain and system losses.  So a 1000 kW TV station (max power today) will only have a transmitter capable of a fraction of that out of the transmitter.  The rest comes from not wasting power aiming at the sky or straight down at the ground.

For example, WDRB in Louisville runs 1000 kW, but the transmitter only actually produces 68.43 kW.  Still a big power bill, but not quite so big as perhaps you might have been imagining.

- Trip

• Like 7

Power for a TV station license is measured as effective radiated power, based on antenna gain and system losses.  So a 1000 kW TV station (max power today) will only have a transmitter capable of a fraction of that out of the transmitter.  The rest comes from not wasting power aiming at the sky or straight down at the ground.
For example, WDRB in Louisville runs 1000 kW, but the transmitter only actually produces 68.43 kW.  Still a big power bill, but not quite so big as perhaps you might have been imagining.
- Trip

Plus I’d imagine television and radio stations would probably paying commercial and or industrial rates on electricity which on a per kilowatt hour rate would be cheaper than residential kilowatt hour rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Trip said:

- Trip

That makes more sense, I was imagining something like the scene from Christmas Vacation when he finally gets the Christmas lights to come on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2