Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Yes. ... Just watched guys climbing all over the towers by my house. .. Come on lte.... any updates for pueblo Colorado?

I actually stopped and talked to them today and they told me that they are 100% complete with the upgrades and should have lte? Nothing yet but keeping my fingers crossed. ..

Sorry quick off topic. I'm impressed how active the Colorado thread is. Phoenix just got a ton of LTE on the latest map update and no one is even talking about it while Denver gets 3 and we are all excited. Back on topic, since Colorado Springs got 800 LTE so quickly (in Sprint terms) after their LTE launch does that mean the Denver metro will get similar treatment when it does start to ramp up? I know the springs is a more important market to them since when I lived there people always raved about how good their sprint service was but one can hope right?

Denver is a much larger cluster, so it may take a little longer, but there's no reason it would take too long once they bring stuff online. It's taken so long to get things online, it may even happen near simultaneously. We'll see. The wait shouldn't be too much longer.

The other day I checked Sprint's website for mapping of LTE and they are showing an LTE 'dot' on Colorado Springs, does that mean it's completed?

Yes, Colorado Springs was launched quite some time ago. While not every single cell site is complete in the Springs area, the LTE coverage is near 100% by now.

I actually stopped and talked to them today and they told me that they are 100% complete with the upgrades and should have lte? Nothing yet but keeping my fingers crossed. ..

This is partly true. Every cell site in Pueblo is complete with the new hardware for LTE, however none are currently LTE enabled. Likely a problem with backhaul from the local contracted ISP. If they are having problems bringing in the high speed internet connection (fiber, microwave, etc.) then it will be some time before LTE is fired up. Unfortunately, backhaul issues are out of Sprint's control. 

Hey just wondering if any of you heard anything about that new tower on 144th and Washington? The tower is basically next to the one 144th and I25. Can't really give you specifics on that new tower location besides what I posted a couple days ago. When I talked to doubt Sprint tech yesterday and things he sees that New tower on his maps but says the old tower is still broadcasting. One would assume they would make it go live after everything is installed?

The only triband s4 is the mini to my understanding . do you have the mini?

Sent from my teléfono!!!

The refreshed model of the GS4, the GS4T is a tri-band device. It has been around since late last year I believe. 

• Like 1

The only triband s4 is the mini to my understanding . do you have the mini?

Sent from my teléfono!!!

The galaxy s4T is triband, I think all the ones sold from a month ago or so and onward are only triband.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You're on the right track Santa. Why not just donate five bucks here to become a sponsor and have access to the maps? It's really nice being able to correlate what I see to the accepted sites Robert updates every day or two. After a while a pattern begins to emerge. We could team up and chase the activity with accepted sites around during this whole process. I can't think of a better way to annoy my girlfriend than to form a gang of us!

Colin

Donated this morning.. Man was this an eye opener. I had no idea how many cell towers there were in Denver.

• Like 4

Donated this morning.. Man was this an eye opener. I had no idea how many cell towers there were in Denver.

In case you didn't find it, the brown dots are towers that are not yet NV accepted, and no one has reported them as in progress.

• Like 1

Btw, at the nuggets game right now. Full 4G.

Let us know if it dies as soon as you leave the Pepsi center. I think this confirms my suspicion of an indoor system (DAS or otherwise) recently installed/upgraded there.

• Like 1

Let us know if it dies as soon as you leave the Pepsi center. I think this confirms my suspicion of an indoor system (DAS or otherwise) recently installed/upgraded there.

Its funny, if you look at the street view from the tower that show the Pepsi center,there's a mastec truck park in there lol

Robert do we have a site like this with completion estimates for the Denver Co market? I checked the search button and didn't see it. Thanks Phil

Nope. Just the NV Running list thread.

In Grand Junction for the weekend, had 800 voice in the underground cellar at a bar my friend owns. Can't remember a time when I could make a call from down there.

Also, was up early this morning before we went out for a drive, the NV 3g is massively better than the legacy gear at home. Even with no LTE out here the network is quite useable. Obviously this morning there were next to none other people using the service but even this afternoon, still getting 1-1.5 mb downloads and at times close to 2. Fairly consistent performance too.

Good stuff, looking forward to even this stuff being live in the south metro area.

• Like 2

where did the Louisiana info come from? not trying to be a pain but this qwestion is what we are all after. was a decision made for whatever the reason to stop doing it ?

Digiblur maintains a spreadsheet of all the information for the NOLA and Louisiana markets. That's where the stats come from. A number of other markets do as well, but it's maintained by members, not staff.

This is the best we've got for the Colorado market, unless someone would like to take it upon themselves to start tracking the data: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/page-3&do=findComment&comment=145611

• Like 1

Thank you sir. You just answered the 100 million dollar question I have been seeking. I can wait 4 months. I started running towers today for fun! I am getting crazy at my old age.... Santa (I am getting 4GLte forced on my mega near sites that show no activity on our map. Thoughts? Thanks Phil

Remember the dates on that thread are based solely on production rates of the last several months, and are only speculation. They may or may not represent future production rates.

(Since this doesn't have anything to do with the NOLA markets, I'll probably move it to the mountain markets thread if I remember).

• Like 1

Thanks. This is a fluid situation subject to weather, suppliers, government regs, etc.... (I am assuming that at lot of our tower sites have to be re approved by the owners of the site for new different equipment hung on their buildings, or on the towers).... All I wanted was someone to give me a schedule, that is fluid. You did that. Thanks!!! Phil. Sorry about posting on this site. Please move to Colorado site. I think it would be helpfull to all.