Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Oh cool. Last week I was on 104th just past highway 85 and couldn't connect to that tower and then the on 104th and chambers I couldn't connect. Sounds like the towers might of been down when I was there. Any ways good to hear

Send some of that Lte about 15 mi 

For the first time since owning my nexus 5, I have picked up LTE without forcing LTE mode. I woke up this morning connected.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Send some of that Lte about 15 miles straight south to Parker and 225! Congrats...

Really? The speeds

You are aware of Colorado's current NV position and LTE accepted sites. It's not very many. You have access to this information and based on what I see in Colorado....those speeds are not bad. With literally only a few sites activated in your area...those are the speeds you should be expecting for now ( I am actually surprised you even got that speed). All the LTE devices cramming onto those few towers are going to cause overcrowding. Once more sites are activated, it will evenly disperse users and that kind of "low speed" which is very usable, will disappear. 

I am. But it shows up on the sponsors map as active. So I assumed it's all good and running at full speed or whatever. Makes sense to what your saying. The tower in golden I get in the twenties. So this is why I get confused. It's all good. Just getting anxious for this to be all done that's all. Thank you for the input. Understand that I been with Sprint for over ten years and never really had a 4g experience, wimax was spotty but when I did connect it was awesome. So just gets frustrating like I said. Plus I can't wait to shove sprints speeds in my roommate face. He works for at&t

• Like 1

I am. But it shows up on the sponsors map as active. So I assumed it's all good and running at full speed or whatever. Makes sense to what your saying. The tower in golden I get in the twenties. So this is why I get confused. It's all good. Just getting anxious for this to be all done that's all. Thank you for the input

Yeh, I gotcha. Since you can see that there are only a few sites, out of many in that area that have been upgraded..It's really easy to understand why the speeds might be slower in one place, but not another. Higher population in one area and/or more sprint users etc. Peak times? All of that comes into play especially with the sparse amount of NV sites in your area. It'll improve in time. ;)  It's like trying to cram 500 cars into a parking garage only made for 150.

I am. But it shows up on the sponsors map as active. So I assumed it's all good and running at full speed or whatever. Makes sense to what your saying. The tower in golden I get in the twenties. So this is why I get confused. It's all good. Just getting anxious for this to be all done that's all. Thank you for the input. Understand that I been with Sprint for over ten years and never really had a 4g experience, wimax was spotty but when I did connect it was awesome. So just gets frustrating like I said. Plus I can't wait to shove sprints speeds in my roommate face. He works for at&t

don't get too worked up about that speeds off that tower. Look back through the thread and you'll see I've posted 4g speeds off that tower as far back as June and July of last year. There must be maintenance going on because I have pulled 20-25Mbps down off of it no problem on my Optimus G.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

T-Mobile and AT&T both have HSPA + networks which is really high speed 3G but Is marketed as "4G" you could also call it 3.5G does Sprint offer anything similar? Could someone explain to me why Sprint's 3G is horribly slow Robert mentioned that Sprint doesn't have many subscribers in the Denver market so why do we get really slow 3G speeds like under 1Mbps

T-Mobile and AT&T both have HSPA + networks which is really high speed 3G but Is marketed as "4G" you could also call it 3.5G does Sprint offer anything similar? Could someone explain to me why Sprint's 3G is horribly slow Robert mentioned that Sprint doesn't have many subscribers in the Denver market so why do we get really slow 3G speeds like under 1Mbps

Because Sprint 3G is on its antiquated legacy network with T1 lines for backhaul.  So even relatively few subscribers using unlimited over a very small pipe equals bad juju.  Network Vision is upgrading their entire network to support better 3G data and voice and LTE service on three bands.

Robert

• Like 2

i actually get pretty good 3g speeds. I get 1mps and sometimes 2mps but when i stream pandora or youtube videos or just surfing the net on 3g I dont have issues except sometimes loading issues on youtube and just takes a little longer for pandora to load but I dont complain about the 3g speeds. Yes I wish it was faster but I also know people with tmo and at&t and there 3g speeds isnt impressive either. But soon we wont have to worry. Thats my two cents