Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Robert I am getting EHRPd in Aurora from 225 and Parker road to Wadsworth and Hamden. I assume this is a good thing.. Santa

eHRPD was a software update deployed to the whole network from Summer 2012 on. It was applied to most markets by Spring 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

REPLY OUTSIDE THE QUOTES!!!!

Took me a few minutes to figure out what you wrote.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same here. I was a little confused to why the quote was reposted until I realized the response was with the quote text. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to pay the 99 for that? Or did Sprint provide it because of poor coverage?

Sprint provided it to me. I've lived at 3 different places in Denver and I couldn't so much as send a text at all 3 locations. If it wasn't for the great price they have on unlimited data with no throttling I would have switched years ago. For about a year I didn't have internet or cell coverage and I was able to survive so I guess I'm not the type of person who starts throwing a fit if my phone doesn't work (see Louis C.K. standup). I think/hope it is primarily the phones I have had since moving here. I've read the htc evo 4g and the galaxy s2 typically get poor signals. Hopefully the s5 will be much better because i'm pretty much sold on it even though it hasn't been released. 

Sprint provided it to me. I've lived at 3 different places in Denver and I couldn't so much as send a text at all 3 locations. If it wasn't for the great price they have on unlimited data with no throttling I would have switched years ago. For about a year I didn't have internet or cell coverage and I was able to survive so I guess I'm not the type of person who starts throwing a fit if my phone doesn't work (see Louis C.K. standup). I think/hope it is primarily the phones I have had since moving here. I've read the htc evo 4g and the galaxy s2 typically get poor signals. Hopefully the s5 will be much better because i'm pretty much sold on it even though it hasn't been released. 

I see. Thank you, I some family, who for some reason live in a dead zone ( 80th and Conifer in Denver), its practically impossible to hold a phone conversation with them, and most of the calls go to their VM.

I mentioned the airave but online it was 99 dollars. So I wasn't sure how they might be able to get one with no cost. I may end up just buying them one, if it comes down to it. 

I am pretty interested to see what Samsung unveils for the S5 as well, I do like Samsung devices. Should be pretty interesting to see what they announce! 

Thank you for the response!

I see. Thank you, I some family, who for some reason live in a dead zone ( 80th and Conifer in Denver), its practically impossible to hold a phone conversation with them, and most of the calls go to their VM.

I mentioned the airave but online it was 99 dollars. So I wasn't sure how they might be able to get one with no cost. I may end up just buying them one, if it comes down to it. 

I am pretty interested to see what Samsung unveils for the S5 as well, I do like Samsung devices. Should be pretty interesting to see what they announce! 

I got an airave a week ago because I had literally no service in my apartment and dropped about 15 calls in a period of a day. I told them this, told them how frustrated I was and told them I am well aware of the network upgrades in our area/country and that I don't need to provide cross roads or streets as I am well versed in the matter. 

I received a message to send a PM to see if I qualify, and turns out I do and they sent me one for free. I think they check a number of things such as if you pay bills on time, how often or if you ever had a late payment and how fast it resolved, what phones you have to verify it isn't a issue with the phone, etc. They will ask you to verify the account number, holder, and pin number and let you know if you are approved for one. You must have a high speed internet connection though.

Side note: I noticed after installing my airave that my internet has moments where it drops down to 3 mb down. My speeds are 50+, so it was surprising. That issue normally doesn't last long.

• Like 1

I got a airwave also.  I called customer Service, said I had really bad service at home, they asked for my address, checked it and sent it out to me for free.  If I don't ever return it , I will be charged $140.00 but I have home service and it makes a huge difference.   Just make sure not to plug it in before your router.  Plug it into one of the router ports or it will bog down your internet.  

• Like 1

I got a airwave also.  I called customer Service, said I had really bad service at home, they asked for my address, checked it and sent it out to me for free.  If I don't ever return it , I will be charged $140.00 but I have home service and it makes a huge difference.   Just make sure not to plug it in before your router.  Plug it into one of the router ports or it will bog down your internet.  

No, attach it behind your router.  You just need to change the qos settings to fix the speed- https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/406246#406246

I had no reception at my house and spent a couple weeks fighting with sprint to get a free airwave.  At first they said they were only allowed to provide it to customers with at least 4 phones on the plan.  After threatening to leave several times (wife was pregnant and could not make or receive calls on our entire block) they shipped the device.  Reception has been mostly good in the house since then.

Edited by davem2020

I think you both are saying the same thing. "Make sure not to plug it in before the router" and "attach it behind the router"

Also assign a static IP address to the Airave, or you may lose or degrade service if it ever is powered down, as the router may assign it a new IP address when it is powered back up. The Airave (or the Sprint network) may get unhappy if the IP address changes. (10 points to anyone who can word those 2 sentences more awkwardly. YOU do 10 hours manning a booth at a trade show and then try to type in English. So there! ;) )

Saw some work done at the Parker Rd. and Cottonwood Dr. tower here in Parker on my way to Lunch at Costco. Looked different from the last time I saw it 2 weeks ago as new antennas were added in the mid-section of the tower, something I've never seen before, and I drive by that place frequently to get Chipotle or Gas at Costco.  

VERY Happy seeing that work is getting done here. 

Can't wait for it to turn on. 

Well, no real updates in the new map... From what I can tell, that usually means a cluster is about to light up. :D

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I can't wait for there to be a cluster in Denver! Aside from rush hour traffic, that is. I'm putting money on Sat, either this weekend or the following. 

• Like 1

I can't wait for there to be a cluster in Denver! Aside from rush hour traffic, that is. I'm putting money on Sat, either this weekend or the following. 

I think I am becoming so obsessed with the clusters coming online.. Every morning I wake up, kill my Wifi.. to see if it flops to LTE. Every morning I am disappointed to see 3G.  I drive to work, leaving my phone in the field test menu, to see if I locate any 1X800 or LTE.. None. I get to work, with 250k Speeds just hoping to see some LTE soon. I think I need a life.  :lol:  :tu:

• Like 1

I received my "over the next month" text on January 30th and it seemed like most were getting it sooner, so if my area (Lincoln Park/Auraria campus) is the last to get updated I'm hoping Craig is right. It HAS to be in the next 2 weeks... right? Maybe on the 24th I'll get 2 presents, the network going live and the galaxy S5 specs

I received my "over the next month" text on January 30th and it seemed like most were getting it sooner, so if my area (Lincoln Park/Auraria campus) is the last to get updated I'm hoping Craig is right. It HAS to be in the next 2 weeks... right? Maybe on the 24th I'll get 2 presents, the network going live and the galaxy S5 specs

Those texts had nothing to do with the actual state of the network... just fyi. They went out nationwide. 

• Like 2

Those texts had nothing to do with the actual state of the network... just fyi. They went out nationwide. 

That's odd, it does say the new network will be completed "in my area" so I figured they were cross referencing addresses or which cell tower I was connected to. Was it sent to people who are living in areas that aren't getting network upgrades?

That's odd, it does say the new network will be completed "in my area" so I figured they were cross referencing addresses or which cell tower I was connected to. Was it sent to people who are living in areas that aren't getting network upgrades?

Yes. And people who don't even live in Sprint coverage areas any more.

just wanted to point out that im connecting to some new 800 towers at home. Connected to one in Larkspur just now. Not on map yet but i know thats common right now. Im off 104th and federal fyi. Also 800 is not going to be better than 1900 in signal strength if your like almost a mile away from the tower with the only obstruction is the brick walls that im surrounded by at work? I have always had great service inside the building before 800 and really think signal strength went down. i assume its in test phase. Just wanted to  put that out there guys. Thanks

just wanted to point out that im connecting to some new 800 towers at home. Connected to one in Larkspur just now. Not on map yet but i know thats common right now. Im off 104th and federal fyi. Also 800 is not going to be better than 1900 in signal strength if your like almost a mile away from the tower with the only obstruction is the brick walls that im surrounded by at work? I have always had great service inside the building before 800 and really think signal strength went down. i assume its in test phase. Just wanted to  put that out there guys. Thanks

I don't totally follow what you're saying..

1x800 WILL improve signal strength.

If you're seeing a weaker 1x800 signal than you were seeing 1x1900, than it's most likely because you are connecting to a much more distant site. 

Use Signal Check Pro and see where you're 1x800 signal is coming from. I think you will find it is not the site nearest you.

I don't totally follow what you're saying..

1x800 WILL improve signal strength.

If you're seeing a weaker 1x800 signal than you were seeing 1x1900, than it's most likely because you are connecting to a much more distant site.

Use Signal Check Pro and see where you're 1x800 signal is coming from. I think you will find it is not the site nearest you.

I do use signal check and do know what tower I'm connected to at work. I'm just wondering why 800 is about the same or a little weaker than the 1900 signal that tower also broadcast. When I do a prl update it will then go to 800. signal is a little weaker than 1900. I'm on same tower. I also stay connected to that 800 signal all the way home which is ten miles away. Well it switches to a couple other sites but then goes back to it. Just thought the signal would be stronger cause I was so close. I guess not. I know it travels farther. Thanks