Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I need storage space that's not vulnerable to a factory reset. That's a legitimate need for an SD card. I also store offline maps. These who really needs an SD card people are almost as bad as iPhone fan boys. The day they stop offering removable batteries and sd slots I will by the best and last version that did and never upgrade again. 128gb microsd in the pipes soon!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Did I ever point a finger at you specifically?

Might have been best not to quote my post in that case, because then you are addressing me specifically. If it wasn't a personal attack, it sure felt like it because you quoted me. 

The idea of the cloud is great, but until we have high speed, reliable access just about everywhere we go on this earth, it's not truly practical for those that often times find themselves in areas without such access and then, yes, we need the extra space to have access to data that we need. Everyone has different uses, needs and usage patterns with their device and you can't assume that we all use or even have the ability to use the cloud to its fullest potential. It's great in theory; in real world applications, it can be severely lacking. 

I also want to thank the people in this forum/thread for the info on Denver LTE and Spark.  I am waiting for the S5 (or other great phone) to come out to upgrade and I was excited to read in this thread that Denver is or will be Spark ready rather quickly.  Initially I was expecting a multiyear wait like LTE.  This is all very exciting.  Thanks all.

I'm trying figure out my next move with an upgrade in four weeks and all the info about Framily and EZ pay. Obviously it has to be a tri-band LTE device, I'm just not keen on most of them available currently.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Might have been best not to quote my post in that case, because then you are addressing me specifically. If it wasn't a personal attack, it sure felt like it because you quoted me.

Well, my response was not necessarily directed at you personally, but I had to quote at least one post on the topic at hand.  Otherwise, its relevance in this market thread would make no sense.

In the end, I have no problems with lack of SD cards and imposition of wireless data caps.  Those factors might actually force people not to suck at the teat of digital content every waking hour and instead savor a drink, read a book, go for a run, etc.

For business use, though, I can understand needing access to massive mobile data stores.  But business people may and can rely on specialized products to meet those needs.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming?

AJ

You go that right. Band 41 is accessible in the area on triband devices(G2, in my case) if you tweak your settings.  Signals aren't amazing but B41 connections can be persistent if you're in the right area. Speeds range from 5-35 for DL for me. 

Yes, get a tri-band. Robert sighted Band 41 LTE in the area last summer, and it will only get stronger. Band 25 is getting denser almost daily. Consider donating to the Sponsor or Premier levels, where there is a large amount of information on the Denver market.

You go that right. Band 41 is accessible in the area on triband devices(G2, in my case) if you tweak your settings.  Signals aren't amazing but B41 connections can be persistent if you're in the right area. Speeds range from 5-35 for DL for me. 

what sort of settings "tweaks" are you referring to?

The address is in the screen capture.. Louisville.

I've also gotten 1x800 from a Lafayette tower.

I apologize, I missed that. Thank you very much for sharing. I take US 36 West in the mornings, Ill have to see if I can get any 800. If I am using an iphone, and I get into the field test view, should I select 1X  and just watch that, even though I am connected to EVDO? 

First time poster here, I've been patiently waiting for this rollout in Denver and this forum has been extremely helpful. I would like to thank each and every contributor for their time and effort in informing everyone of what's going on. I've been waiting to upgrade my phone for months now, my galaxy s2 that I have had since the paleolithic era is on its last leg. The only reason I've kept it is for wimax which has been a life saver due to the weak 3g signals I get. Well now that LTE is around the corner, it's time to buy a new phone. My questions is whether or not I should get a tri-band phone. If Denver doesn't get spark in the next 2 years I can wait until then, if they are expected to get it sometime soon I would be willing to only look at the few phones that provide tri band. Does anyone have the faintest idea of when Denver should be getting spark?

Spark (Band 41 LTE) is already live on over 90 WiMax sites in the Denver area.  It is fully usable on Triband hotspots now, but on Triband smartphones it will only work automatically in areas that have been 3G upgraded (so CSFB is enabled).  You can force it on a Triband smartphone by going into LTE only mode, but then lose the ability to receive calls.  Once the whole 3G network in  the Denver area is upgraded to run CSFB, you can use Triband phones on every Spark Band 41 LTE site.  And the Sprint Band 25/26 sites too.

Robert

• Like 1

I'll experiment a little on my way home, but when I was streaming music, by download speed indicator was bouncing between 2 and 4MBps and hit 5 for a split second?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

What download indicator?

The Sprint 3G tops out at a little over 3Mbps because of the width of the channel. And it takes near perfect conditions to get that speed (ie. only on on the sector, line of site with antenna, no interference). 

It is impossible for Sprint 3G to run faster than 3.1Mbps. And it's not likely to run faster than 2.65Mbps.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3