Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Hey guys and gals check out the new sensorly speed tests west of I25 in Thornton. We are getting new readings there, that I don't think were there yesterday. Santa

It must be Christmas in January.

AJ

Oh, man... 50% of the calls I make now drop. Sprint knows it and has open the doors for credits and anything to make you happy. This seemed to happen in DFW right before Lte started coming online. So I can make do as long as it comes.

I travel from 104th and Hwy 2 to Quebec, down to 70, to 225, to Parker Rd, then to Arapahoe and Jordan everyday and back. I've had to switch to mp3s and check maps before I leave now. Pandora doesn’t cut it anymore. Total loss from 225 and 6th until I70. Can't wait for it to clear up if nothing else...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Oh, man... 50% of the calls I make now drop. Sprint knows it and has open the doors for credits and anything to make you happy. This seemed to happen in DFW right before Lte started coming online. So I can make do as long as it comes.

I travel from 104th and Hwy 2 to Quebec, down to 70, to 225, to Parker Rd, then to Arapahoe and Jordan everyday and back. I've had to switch to mp3s and check maps before I leave now. Pandora doesn’t cut it anymore. Total loss from 225 and 6th until I70. Can't wait for it to clear up if nothing else...

Anyone know how long it takes for a Sprint Credit to appear on your account after Sprint issues it? I was told on Sunday that it could take up to 72hrs for a $15 credit to show up due to dropped calls and no data. It has now been about 93 hours and still nothing. Should I call customer service again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a question that im sure i know and its in here but please forgive me for asking a simple question. I have noticed some sites going to 3g on the map. Does this mean 3g accepted and those are close to going live with lte? Or does that mean there only going to be 3g? thanks again and sorry for the easy question

i have a question that im sure i know and its in here but please forgive me for asking a simple question. I have noticed some sites going to 3g on the map. Does this mean 3g accepted and those are close to going live with lte? Or does that mean there only going to be 3g? thanks again and sorry for the easy question

There are very few sites that will not be upgraded to LTE. The 3G pins simply mean that the NV equipment is installed and has passed the acceptance evaluation. They will not really show any benefit until they are turned on in the "clusters" that we're hearing more and more about. I think earlier in the thread, Merlin stated that Denver had three clusters covering the metro area. LTE may or may not come online at a given tower when the clusters are activated. Depends on whether or not the LTE portion of the site passed evaluation. 

• Like 2

So this screen shot I just took I have a question. I was in Broomfield this morning when I was connected to 800 in Brighton. Really cool. My question is the ehrpd signal strength stronger than the 800 connection. Is this cause I'm connected to ehrpd closer to me on another site?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So this screen shot I just took I have a question. I was in Broomfield this morning when I was connected to 800 in Brighton. Really cool. My question is the ehrpd signal strength stronger than the 800 connection. Is this cause I'm connected to ehrpd closer to me on another site?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'll take a stab at this one as well. :)

I believe that, unless you have altered your PRL, Sprint will typically prefer voice to be on 1900 and will switch to 800 when the 1900 signal is weak (think inside a building or finge areas). Once you are on an 800 signal, your phone will hold the 800 until you lose it, at which point it will scan for 1900 again. My guess is that while you were out, your phone switched from 1900 to 800, then you drove some distance from that tower (or some tower wtih 800), but were still able to maintain the 800 signal. Meanwhile, your data was hoping between towers as normal, so it's connected to a tower closer to you that does not currently have 800 voice deployed.

Clear as mud?

And I just got home and discovered 1x800 voice! Signalcheck says it's coming from 162 High Country Drive, Lafayette, about 2 miles from me. That's new too!

Just compared that to the top secret member only maps, and that site is marked with a brown dot, indicating it has yet to be upgraded. Since 1x800 would indicate that NV is up an running on that site, that would confirm that the work in Northwest Denver metro is farther along than the maps indicate.

One further note, I usually get 0 to 1 bar of service on the ground floor of my house. With 1x800 I am getting 3 to 5 bars. What a nice surprise!

Edited by narf
  • Like 2

And I just got home and discovered 1x800 voice! Signalcheck says it's coming from 162 High Country Drive, Lafayette, about 2 miles from me. That's new too!

Just compared that to the top secret member only maps, and that site is marked with a brown dot, indicating it has yet to be upgraded. Since 1x800 would indicate that NV is up an running on that site, that would confirm that the work in Northwest Denver metro is farther along than the maps indicate.

One further note, I usually get 0 to 1 bar of service on the ground floor of my house. With 1x800 I am getting 3 to 5 bars. What a nice surprise!

thats awesome news. I been picking up that site too on 800 yesterday. I also been picking up more 800 sites at my home on 104th and federal from sites in brighton aurora and castle rock.  Plus i also posted that my 3g service took a dump past few days. Something is going on 

Is the rumor (that I just made up right now) true that if the Bronco's win the Super Bowl then Sprint will light up LTE throughout Denver?

Can I make up some rumors too? I'd love for them to add service in South Dakota. I'll even tolerate a Broncos win to get it. :fingers:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Can I make up some rumors too? I'd love for them to add service in South Dakota. I'll even tolerate a Broncos win to get it. :fingers:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Tolerate? Ha!

Orange and Blue all the way baby!

• Like 3

Is there an app on iOS that tells you signal information like that, or is it only for Android?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk