Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Hi there I just wanted to know if there is any progress on rollout in my area of 81063 because of the fact that I have been getting slow to no data sometimes and I haven't herd of any work going on down here did they forget about us down here?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

There are 412 square miles of that zip code, with a density of 7 PPsqM. With that in mind, you are NV upgraded. I'm not sure if you are running 4g yet (backhaul, maybe). There is not an 800LTE card currently on site for you, one is on its way eventually.

I would be willing to bet that at any given time there are at most 30-40 subscribers within range of that site, and a fully upgraded NV site cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $150,000 installed. That is quite a chunk of change for no return, all to get their coverage map on par with big red. 

TL;DR ... chill, you are already upgraded and will probably get LTE within the next few months. You were not forgotten.

There are 412 square miles of that zip code, with a density of 7 PPsqM. With that in mind, you are NV upgraded. I'm not sure if you are running 4g yet (backhaul, maybe). There is not an 800LTE card currently on site for you, one is on its way eventually.

I would be willing to bet that at any given time there are at most 30-40 subscribers within range of that site, and a fully upgraded NV site cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $150,000 installed. That is quite a chunk of change for no return, all to get their coverage map on par with big red.

TL;DR ... chill, you are already upgraded and will probably get LTE within the next few months. You were not forgotten.

thanks man just answer I was looking for

THE REQUEST HOUR IS LIVE...

FOR THE NEXT HOUR ANYONE WHO MESSAGES ME ASKING IF THEIR LOCAL SITE IS UPGRADED WILL HAVE THEIR QUESTION ANSWERED. REQUESTS AFTER THAT TIME WILL BE ANSWERED... EVENTUALLY...

Thanks Merlin!

The site that serves the IBM plant at highway 52 and diagonal highway I boulder. What is the status ? There are two towers I show in the sponsors section, one on 63rd in gunbarrel and one north on niwot road. Not sure which one I am get service from. How soon do you think we will see any LTE? Daily we see about 300k down. Have some friends on sprint who are very curious as well.

Thank you very much for the time and response !

• Like 1

ok "grasshopper" are the sites for 80014 and 80123 upgraded yet? You are a kick!!

@Merlin - how is 80246 looking?  You hinted at Colorado and I-25 a while back, but I haven't seen any activity on LTE (I have an LG Optimus G, btw)....thoughts?

I'm at 80260. What's the story for up here? I have seen some digging asking market street and 104th. I would assume fiber

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is it too late to make an inquiry on zip 80016?

I'm going to move all these to PMs.

I've been watching this forum like a hawk waiting for updates on downtown.

I almost always have Sensorly going on my Note 3 while I'm walking around downtown, covering the full area between 22nd and 14th, I-25 to Sherman, SO eagerly awaiting those little purple dots.

Though, I've never been able to connect to the LTE around the ballpark. It just doesn't like me.

I'm excited to see this roll out. I've been eagerly awaiting since the Note II released.

Edited by jarannis
  • Like 1

I've been watching this forum like a hawk waiting for updates on downtown.

I almost always have Sensorly going on my Note 3 while I'm walking around downtown, covering the full area between 22nd and 14th, I-25 to Sherman, SO eagerly awaiting those little purple dots.

Though, I've never been able to connect to the LTE around the ballpark. It just doesn't like me.

I'm excited to see this roll out. I've been eagerly awaiting since the Note II released.

Running Sensorly constantly can actually decrease your chances of making an LTE connection. Sensorly maintains an almost constant data session. Your phone needs to have data inactive in order to scan for LTE.

To get around this, you can set Sensorly to upload data only on WiFi, that way your phone is free to scan for LTE, and you're still collecting Sensorly data.

• Like 1

Hey Merlin,

How about at Santa Fe and Evans in Denver (80223)?   And MIssissippi and Chambers in Aurora (80017)?

My Santa Fe connection has been a brutal 0.05 Mbps on avg on 3g, and about 1-2Mbps on Chambers & Miss.

I'd greatly appreciate and info on either of these areas, as would all of my workmates.  

I almost fell for the TMobile sales pitches, but heard from too many current tmobile customers, that they get too many dropped calls.  a couple more questions and research made me realize waiting for Sprints 4g is worth it, and hopefully Sprint SPark isnt far behind.  And the more people that leave Sprint, the better my connection speed will be (hopefully).  Also Tmobile is still for sale and from what Ive heard, Masayoshi Son is at the top of that list, so all those people leaving sprint for tmobile may coming back to sprint and not even know it.

Thx!!

Did anyone else get this message today?

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop.

I got that text in Denver at 11am on Saturday 1/18 at 8th and LIncoln.  

MErlin,

If you can copy and paste your PM for the 80014 (i'm at 80013) and the mississippi & Chambers info (I'm at Hampden and Chambers), that would be awesome.  I'm also looking forward to LTE in Aurora and Denver areas.   Full roll out soon?