Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

So is backhaul progress top secret or what?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yes.  You are not in the know.

Robert

Not quite. They are the sites where work hasn't begun yet.

I would say it slightly different. They are sites in which we have not received any status update for yet to date. Probably 1/2 to 2/3 of them are In Progress.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fyi, went to Loveland Co today with my Samsung galaxy mega tri band. Lot's of purple from Northglenn up. Couldn't connect until Johnson's corner. From Johnson's corner to Loveland great Lte coverage. I mapped it out the 4 hours I was there. Looking forward when the clusters are accepted, and eCSFB is active in Denver, because my phone rocked in Loveland!!

• Like 3

Fyi, went to Loveland Co today with my Samsung galaxy mega tri band. Lot's of purple from Northglenn up. Couldn't connect until Johnson's corner. From Johnson's corner to Loveland great Lte coverage. I mapped it out the 4 hours I was there. Looking forward when the clusters are accepted, and eCSFB is active in Denver, because my phone rocked in Loveland!!

What kinda of speeds did you get out there! Any speed test screen shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.84 download, 3.26 upload on the low end, 9.06 download and 2.90 upload at 11:09 am mst, 9.53 download 6.91 upload 3:47 pm MST. I did 14 speed test in the area over a 5 hour period. They should show up on sensorly. If I can figure out how to get them on this posting, I will send you a few. I notice that you are in Westminster. There's a lot of purple up in Thornton. Are you picking up Lte on your I Phone?

4.84 download, 3.26 upload on the low end, 9.06 download and 2.90 upload at 11:09 am mst, 9.53 download 6.91 upload 3:47 pm MST. I did 14 speed test in the area over a 5 hour period. They should show up on sensorly. If I can figure out how to get them on this posting, I will send you a few. I notice that you are in Westminster. There's a lot of purple up in Thornton. Are you picking up Lte on your I Phone?

That is great to hear! Thank you for the response.  In Thornton/Northglenn typically see anywhere on the low side at 1mpbs up to 20Mpbs.  On average during peak, I will see 1Mpbs to 8Mpbs. 

I believe there is only 2-3 Towers in the Thornton area with LTE right now. 

I have been mapping the area using Root Metrics, since that is the only ability of mapping I have. 

post-16800-0-64200300-1389890061_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the quick follow up.. My Samsung Mega is turned off to the Thornton towers, until they turn on eCSFB. . Sprint is selling the Tri band phones with 4glte with the Lte disabled. The Tri bands don't work on the same 4gLte technology most of the phones have. Hoping they turn on ECSFB soon!

Thanks for the quick follow up.. My Samsung Mega is turned off to the Thornton towers, until they turn on eCSFB. . Sprint is selling the Tri band phones with 4glte with the Lte disabled. The Tri bands don't work on the same 4gLte technology most of the phones have. Hoping they turn on ECSFB soon!

Np. 

I have been reading about that too. Hopefully they get those towers upgraded for the eCSFB soon! Once they do, I will be very interested to see the speeds a Spark device can pull! I did take a look at the longmont area via sensorly. Looking good up there, Mapping looks really nice! 

• Like 1

Hey I got a question. So the couple towers in northglenn that are lte and have been for a few months be online and the rest of Denver not? Or how about this way, the few towers that are online with lte work and the rest of Denver not online?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hey I got a question. So the couple towers in northglenn that are lte and have been for a few months be online and the rest of Denver not? Or how about this way, the few towers that are online with lte work and the rest of Denver not online?

Read that closely. It makes no sense. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Oh right. Sorry I was on the phone and trying to right this. Ok. Why did Sprint turn on a couple lte towers outside of Denver but not Denver? Like the two in northglenn have been live for a few months. What makes them so special? I only ask cause everyone says the back haul is the main problem or last thing to get done. So do those towers on northglenn have backhaul in place? I'm assuming they do. Just want someone to enlighten me on why. Sorry for the confusion

• Like 1

No idea what you're asking.

Oh right. Sorry I was on the phone and trying to right this. Ok. Why did Sprint turn on a couple lte towers outside of Denver but not Denver? Like the two in northglenn have been live for a few months. What makes them so special? I only ask cause everyone says the back haul is the main problem or last thing to get done. So do those towers on northglenn have backhaul in place? I'm assuming they do. Just want someone to enlighten me on why. Sorry for the confusion

Those few sites where activated before Samsung changed their deployment plans. Initially, as soon as a site was completed, it was turned on.

Last summer, Sprint/Samsung realized that there was a huge problem with the current method of deployment. Without the 3G side of things being online, Tri-Band devices would not be able to use LTE because eCSFB could not be deployed on the legacy 3G equipment. Tri-Band devices require eCSFB in order to properly receive texts and calls while on LTE. If LTE goes live on a site without eCSFB, the Tri-Band device will refuse the LTE signal, and fall back to 3G.

Since the legacy equipment and Samsung's NV equipment does not mix well (lots of dropped calls) Samsung changed to upgrading sites in clusters. Before they bring anything online, every site in the cluster has to be ready to go. Once the full cluster is complete, they bring in all online essentially at once.

• Like 1

Oh wow. Thank you very much. That was great info. Now I understand. My house I was getting allot of dropped calls the past couple months. So this world explain why they are starting on the out skirts of Denver first then work their way in to Denver.? So they wouldn't just flip downtown Denver, south Denver and north Denver etc etc on at once. Just clusters. I get it now. Thank you. I do have a g2 so I learned about the ecsfb right away. Thanks again

Oh wow. Thank you very much. That was great info. Now I understand. My house I was getting allot of dropped calls the past couple months. So this world explain why they are starting on the out skirts of Denver first then work their way in to Denver.? So they wouldn't just flip downtown Denver, south Denver and north Denver etc etc on at once. Just clusters. I get it now. Thank you. I do have a g2 so I learned about the ecsfb right away. Thanks again

They're not really starting on the outskirts. Those areas just have fewer sites so they get completed quicker. They have been working much harder to get the urban areas complete. We'll likely see much of Denver come online in fairly quick succession. I don't know the exact cluster sizes, but I know they are fairly large. For example, almost all of Colorado Springs was brought online at once, as was Salt Lake City.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Very cool. That's good to hear. Are people thinking some will come online when Sprint sends out the spark update? Or just one morning I will wake up and bam! Lte! Anyways thanks again and I apologize for asking some silly questions. Thanks again your very helpful

Very cool. That's good to hear. Are people thinking some will come online when Sprint sends out the spark update? Or just one morning I will wake up and bam! Lte! Anyways thanks again and I apologize for asking some silly questions. Thanks again your very helpful

The rollout likely won't have anything to do with the Spark update. If they come around the same time, it'd be purely a coincidence.

What will happen, is that a whole cluster of sites will have 3G accepted and switched on, then they will go back and start activating LTE on sites that have backhaul ready. So it won't be an explosion of LTE, but sites should come on fairly rapidly, one at a time. And not all sites will be ready for LTE either, so coverage likely won't be continuous across the whole city initially.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh I see. Well I'm just really excited for all this to be said and done. Been with Sprint for over ten years and last year I was ready to jump ship. But after doing research and asking you guys on this forum I have learned allot. I'm so fascinated with how everything works with cell carries now. Before I just knew some basics but now I'm really into this. Thanks again

Read that closely. It makes no sense. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Whoa.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1