Sprints major network investment.

What is everyone’s thoughts about the CEO mentioning an accelerated traditional rollout for all of next year ? What do you guys think it means ? Just focus on densification in cities or do you think it’s some actual LTE expansion into new areas to compete with Verizon and AT&T?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is everyone’s thoughts about the CEO mentioning an accelerated traditional rollout for all of next year ? What do you guys think it means ? Just focus on densification in cities or do you think it’s some actual LTE expansion into new areas to compete with Verizon and AT&T?

Hopefully both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Galaxyguy said:

Hopefully both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sprint is doing much better then i thought which is great! lets see what they do in the near term....i am very hopeful they can improve and compete.

• Like 2

I hope all the above. They really have their work cut out for them if they plan to do all of that next year. One thing I do want them to not do is to take the T-Mobile method and just slapping a panel or two up and calling it coverage. There are so many complaints from their users about the B12 rollout and how it was a rush job. By Sprint Adding all 3 bands on all towers alone will make them competitive, especially in rural areas and those users have another option to choose from. If Sprint can pull this network revamp off, they can easily surpas T-mobile in network quality.

Sprint has the resources and spectrum to give the other 3 a run for their money. It's either put up or shut up now. I just hope John Saw makes this happen and fast. Time is against them with alot of it being lost due to putting their eggs in one basket thinking a merger was going to happen. 

• Like 1

I hope all the above. They really have their work cut out for them if they plan to do all of that next year. One thing I do want them to not do is to take the T-Mobile method and just slapping a panel or two up and calling it coverage. There are so many complaints from their users about the B12 rollout and how it was a rush job. By Sprint Adding all 3 bands on all towers alone will make them competitive, especially in rural areas and those users have another option to choose from. If Sprint can pull this network revamp off, they can easily surpas T-mobile in network quality.
Sprint has the resources and spectrum to give the other 3 a run for their money. It's either put up or shut up now. I just hope John Saw makes this happen and fast. Time is against them with alot of it being lost due to putting their eggs in one basket thinking a merger was going to happen. 

Technically Sprint has surpassed Tmobile in network quality just not actual coverage. But I’m hearing it’s also some LTE expansion in this. As both the CEO and COO have stated “cell sites in new areas” in some interviews. Don’t get me wrong extended LTE is cool. But it’s still roaming at the end of the day. I would rather them fill those extended LTE areas with native LTE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

Technically Sprint has surpassed Tmobile in network quality just not actual coverage. 

:rofl::rofl::rofl: LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

What do you mean by that? 

Technically Sprint has surpassed Tmobile in network quality just not actual coverage. But I’m hearing it’s also some LTE expansion in this. As both the CEO and COO have stated “cell sites in new areas” in some interviews. Don’t get me wrong extended LTE is cool. But it’s still roaming at the end of the day. I would rather them fill those extended LTE areas with native LTE.

10 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

I’m just going by what multiple 3rd party studies show. ??‍♂️

LOL, ok...

www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/content/mobile-performance-in-the-us-part-1-performance-across-the-entire-united

Sprint ranks ahead of them in call and text... which they can roam on Verizon for.

https://opensignal.com/reports/2017/08/usa/state-of-the-mobile-network

www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/

https://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks

Don't be delusional.

*based on Sprint's interpretation of Nielsen data

• Like 1

LOL, ok...

www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/content/mobile-performance-in-the-us-part-1-performance-across-the-entire-united

Sprint ranks ahead of them in call and text... which they can roam on Verizon for.

https://opensignal.com/reports/2017/08/usa/state-of-the-mobile-network

www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/

https://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks

Don't be delusional.

*based on Sprint's interpretation of Nielsen data

I get it, you’re a Tmobile fan/Sprint hater. Congrats

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brynn0823 said:

I get it, you’re a Tmobile fan/Sprint hater. Congrats

First, those are 3rd party sources. If that makes me "hate them" then yes I'm a hater LOL.

Secondly, I don't hate T-Mobile or Sprint. In fact, I have a line with T-Mobile. AT&T just has 4x as many cells where I live... T-Mobile only has a few less than them... Sprint has like 9 sites cover 280K people.

Secondly, I don't hate T-Mobile or Sprint. In fact, I have a line with T-Mobile. AT&T just has 4x as many cells where I live... T-Mobile only has a few less than them... Sprint has like 9 sites cover 280K people.

He said you were a T mobile fan. Read with more comprehension next time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I certainly don't believe network wide that Sprint is better than T-Mobile.  However, in the Puget Sound region (Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia), I find that Sprint B41 coverage areas are usually significantly better in performance than T-Mobile.  In B25 areas, Sprint is usually the same or slightly worse (now that we are at least 10x10 everywhere).  This is likely due to T-Mobile having a very large market share here bogging down their network.  This is their home market.  This is now a very good market for Sprint, and even getting better due to B26 deployment finally occurring.  And there are many markets like West Washington occurring around the country.

Sprint is getting better and better.  I'm excited.  But in a wide sweeping generalization, it is not better than T-Mobile.  But it is a good choice for millions of people and a viable carrier for most customers.

• Like 7

I certainly don't believe network wide that Sprint is better than T-Mobile.  However, in the Puget Sound region (Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia), I find that Sprint B41 coverage areas are usually significantly better in performance than T-Mobile.  In B25 areas, Sprint is usually the same or slightly worse (now that we are at least 10x10 everywhere).  This is likely due to T-Mobile having a very large market share here bogging down their network.  This is their home market.  This is now a very good market for Sprint, and even getting better due to B26 deployment finally occurring.  And there are many markets like West Washington occurring around the country.
Sprint is getting better and better.  I'm excited.  But in a wide sweeping generalization, it is not better than T-Mobile.  But it is a good choice for millions of people and a viable carrier for most customers.

Well root metrics still shows Sprint ahead of T-Mobile in network reliability and JD power has them 2nd place in 5 of 6 regions across the US behind Verizon. That’s why I said it depends which 3rd party you choose to believe. That being said, what type of network investment do you see from sprint next year ? Do you think it’s a combination of densification plus expansion to new areas ? I heard the CEO say “new cell sites for new coverage” in his most recent interview. Just gets me excited hoping they’ll actually hit some kind of expansion and not just rely on extended LTE

As someone who predominately uses T-Mobile, I've run into many many L1900 4x2/4 + L1700/2100 4x4 / 2x2 + B12 sites where speeds average in the 5-10 mbps range while others are speedy > 40-50 mbps with not that many between the two extremes. 

Where I get B41 on Sprint it matches or exceeds T-mobile most of the time which is the primary issue. In terms of usable coverage and data speed reliability, Sprint is not there in most regions. Far too many edge of cell B25 / 26 areas and RF deadzones still exist. These are perfect areas for small cell infills they're deploying or new macro sites whereas T-mobile has the density and coverage but need more capacity (split sectors / small cells / B66 or 71). 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Thank you. I agree completely.

2 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

Well root metrics still shows Sprint ahead of T-Mobile in network reliability and JD power has them 2nd place in 5 of 6 regions across the US behind Verizon. That’s why I said it depends which 3rd party you choose to believe. That being said, what type of network investment do you see from sprint next year ? Do you think it’s a combination of densification plus expansion to new areas ? I heard the CEO say “new cell sites for new coverage” in his most recent interview. Just gets me excited hoping they’ll actually hit some kind of expansion and not just rely on extended LTE

You mean to tell me that Sprint, who has a nationwide roaming agreement with Verizon for voice/text, does better than T-Mobile? Shocking.

You mean to tell me that Sprint, who has a nationwide roaming agreement with Verizon for voice/text, does better than T-Mobile? Shocking.

I think those stats that conclude that Sprint is more reliable than T-Mobile also includes those native roaming areas as well and not just Sprints native coverage.

8 hours ago, jakeuten said:

39 minutes ago, jakeuten said:

37 minutes ago, derrph said:

I think those stats that conclude that Sprint is more reliable than T-Mobile also includes those native roaming areas as well and not just Sprints native coverage.

Listen, and listen carefully, folks.

You can state that Sprint, according to some third party studies, is measurably more reliable than T-Mobile.  And you can state that Sprint has a widespread roaming agreement with VZW, as Sprint does with other operators.

Those are facts.

But you may not conclude that Sprint is measurably more reliable than T-Mobile -- only because -- Sprint has widespread roaming agreements with VZW or any other operator(s).

Notorious Magentan troll, Fabian Cortez, makes that conclusion.  If you want to make the same argument, you can take it and stuff it in your turkey.

That argument overlooks numerous other possible explanations:  Sprint is measurably more reliable with or without roaming agreements, T-Mobile is highly unreliable due to its own decisions and shortcomings, etc.  Until you have additional evidence to substantiate one explanation or to discount alternative explanations, any argument for the former is not sound reasoning.  In short, it does not pass the critical thinking test.

AJ

• Like 6

Listen, and listen carefully, folks.
You can state that Sprint, according to some third party studies, is measurably more reliable than T-Mobile.  And you can state that Sprint has a widespread roaming agreement with VZW, as Sprint does with other operators.
Those are facts.
But you may not conclude that Sprint is measurably more reliable than T-Mobile -- only because -- Sprint has widespread roaming agreements with VZW or any other operator(s).
Notorious Magentan troll, Fabian Cortez, makes that conclusion.  If you want to make the same argument, you can take it and stuff it in your turkey.
That argument overlooks numerous other possible explanations:  Sprint is measurably more reliable with or without roaming agreements, T-Mobile is highly unreliable due to its own decisions and shortcomings, etc.  Until you have additional evidence to substantiate one explanation or to discount alternative explanations, any argument for the former is not sound reasoning.  In short, it does not pass the critical thinking test.
AJ
In my area Sprint has tons more native coverage where T-Mobile has fair i.e. no service. One example is Dansville, MI. T-Mobile has no tower and no service for 20 miles around it but Sprint has a tower right in town with B25/B26/and B41. Sprint's network in Michigan is way more dense then T-Mobile. I couldn't take the no service anymore and switched back to Sprint. I'm very happy now with my decision :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm quite pleased at how the Sprint network is performing in the Cleveland Market, but it was a LONG time coming.  It has only been within the last month that most sites in the primary IBEZ now have all sectors live with B26.  Average signal strength has improved with B26,  but most dead zones without B26 still are dead zones with B26.  I think it's really a testament to Sprint's network rebuild that B25 LTE worked as well as it did in the absence of B26.  Sprint's decision years ago to put the brakes on rural site 8T8R deployment has still left me without B41 even though it came really close, but speeds are still plenty fast enough for me on B25 and 26.  I think the rural 8T8R build-out here was a stupid idea despite my happiness to see it deployed.  From a spreadsheet manager standpoint, I hate trying to match these (cheaper) B41 mini macros that have been deployed over the last year, but fortunately over 60% of our sites already have 8T8R equipment installed.  The last two most recent B41 sites I've found live have been 8T8R, so I'm glad to see that at least both are still being used now.  It's my dream that mini macros will cease to be used here in favor of the 8T8R stuff. :lol:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I carry a Sprint and Verizon phone for work, as well as a T-Mobile device, Note8, S8, and S8+ respectively, so I get to use all three networks on a consistent basis.

Sprint's claims of 1% are usually spot on in my experience. May not be the fastest, but it works. That's the real tag line, works for me. T-Mobile usually blows away Sprint in terms of raw speeds, but it's very inconsistent. For example, was in Denver last week, and Verizon bounced between great LTE and 1x, T-Mobile was strong signals but piss poor throughput, and Sprint had 3CA everywhere I went.

Sprint needs to make their network work better across the board, and not be limited to city hotspots.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1