2015 S4GRU Yahoo College Football Pickem group

PythonFanPA

No one would ever be fearful of Paul Finebaum.  Phyllis from Mulga however might be a different story.

Is that the obvious smoker who is a woman but sounds like a man and calls Colin Cowherd "cow turd"?  I believe I have heard him/her live on sports talk radio.

AJ

Is that the obvious smoker who is a woman but sounds like a man and calls Colin Cowherd "cow turd"?  I believe I have heard him/her live on sports talk radio.

AJ

Yep, that would be her.  I believe it was this call that made her (in)famous on a more national scale (mainly due to Cowherd):

Sorry for the late prompt again, but there are actually **3** Friday night games on the slate for this week!  First one starts at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT, the other 2 at 9pm/6pm.  So, at the very least, take care of those 3 picks and come back before Saturday at noon to make the rest!

(before someone responds with a surprised interjection to the above - yes, you can submit an incomplete pick/confidence point list and come back to finish later - for those that hadn't figured that out yet :ninja: )

Sorry for the late prompt again…

You dropped the ball.  You're late again, MalzahnFanTN.  I've never been so mad at anyone in my life.

Phyllis-from-Mulga-Iron-Bowl.jpg

AJ

You dropped the ball.  You're late again, MalzahnFanTN.  I've never been so mad at anyone in my life.

Phyllis-from-Mulga-Iron-Bowl.jpg

AJ

Shouldn't that be 'GuschampFanTN'?  That's the Captain Planetesque 'by-your-powers-combined' moniker being thrown around these days anyway for the dynamic duo down on the Crappiest Village on the Plains.  ;)

Michigan State-Michigan

What.

A.

Game.

'Nuff said!!!

Eh, ridiculous ending.  Dumb luck.

I like blue blood universities over ag schools.

AJ

And to that I say:

SCOREBOARD!

I cannot argue with that.  A fluke win is still a win.  But it also still is a fluke.  It is not earned.  And Michigan State is living on borrowed time.

AJ

Fluke, miracle, stroke of luck, whatever. As you noted, it's still a win and that's all that matters for today.

Also, it very much was earned. They had to keep the game close enough for one score to matter. They had to force Michigan into a fourth down situation. They had to make the coaching decision to send everybody after the punter instead of trying to set up some ridiculous return with a million laterals. They also had to return the fumble for a touchdown; if he gets tackled on the 1-yard line then there likely is no time left on the clock to kick a field goal.

As for living on borrowed time, that's quite possibly true, but that's a worry for another day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Everyone missed that pick to one degree or another, but definitely was the craziest game finish.

I took a chance on Texas Tech over Ok State and was looking pretty good until the last quarter or so.

Georgia Tech losing to Virginia after pulling the upset over FSU in addition to the Duke/Miami outcome just goes to show how hard it is to gauge the ACC in general.  And given Clemson always seems to find a way to lose a game or two when you're thinking they're finally a juggernaut otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me to see FSU upset them next week.  It's basically down to that game and the Gamecock instate rivalry game to end the season left, plus whatever their conference championship matchup would be at that point.

Week 10 slate of picks has *2* Friday night games folks....Temple @ SMU at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT, and BYU @ San Jose State at the ungodly hour of 11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT.  Whoever does the scheduling for west/Pac 12 type games should be shot, 'nuff said.

• Like 2

Somewhere in the South right now, Phyllis from Mulga is chain smoking and shouting at the TV in a hoarse voice -- or a horse voice.

AJ

I hope all the so-called experts took notice last night regarding their audacity to keep declaring Leonard Fournette as the undisputed/unquestionable Heisman front runner. LSU hadn't played a single team outside Florida (and they got them at home, not to mention that was the game immediately after the Grier suspension) with a remotely respectable defense, particularly against the run. These 'analysts' had practically already given him the trophy without even bothering to do any analysis. Was about the worst example of kool-aid drinking I've seen.

I hope all the so-called experts took notice last night regarding their audacity to keep declaring Leonard Fournette as the undisputed/unquestionable Heisman front runner. LSU hadn't played a single team outside Florida (and they got them at home, not to mention that was the game immediately after the Grier suspension) with a remotely respectable defense, particularly against the run. These 'analysts' had practically already given him the trophy without even bothering to do any analysis. Was about the worst example of kool-aid drinking I've seen.

I like how he only had 31 yards last night. Came into the game getting 100+yds / game...until last night. Les hasnt been able to win against the tide in 5 years now... I listened to his press after the game...it was..stuttering and stammering all over (prob because analysts had already given him the W for this week).

People can say what they want about the south, the SEC is a force to reckon with. Ole Miss got lucky, played against an undisciplined team that made mistakes, and showed the tide that they can't just win because they attend Alabama..they have to earn it...and I like to see football like was played last night in T-Town.. All of a sudden Henry is a Heisman frontrunner now...and shoulda been all along..he's an outstanding player.