iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I was planning to create a topic here in the iOS section of the forum, seems like an appropriate place for it.

Yes, I agree. We can just leave the other topic in the premier thread and use the topic in the iOS thread.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Yes, I agree. We can just leave the other topic in the premier thread and use the topic in the iOS thread.

Done, all SignalCheck for iOS discussion should be in 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6791-signalcheck-for-ios-coming-soon/?p=399195

from here on out. 

• Like 4

I logged on to this site from Safari because the latest iOS update of the Tapatalk app is such a piece of shit. I can't even post off it right now. :(

I was considering updating. Thanks for making me realize how much of a mistake that would be

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever downgraded before. I don't use iTunes at all, and all of my backups are through iCloud. If I downgrade, will I be able to restore my iCloud backup? Any suggestions? I don't want to lose everything over this.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Making the backup is only for if there is a problem with the downgrade process and you for some reason need to restore your phone, which in that case, you would restore back to 8.1.3 and you can use whatever backup you have on iCloud. I only mentioned the whole "backup not being compatible with an old iOS version) because if you wanted to do a RESTORE to 8.1.2 rather than an UPDATE to 8.1.2 from 8.1.3, you wouldn't be able to then use an 8.1.3 backup to restore all your apps and settings. When you downgrade to 8.1.2 (which you have to do on a computer through iTunes), and if it's successful, you can then perform a backup from 8.1.2 to iCloud so that your 8.1.3 backup on iCloud will be overridden by the new 8.1.2 backup, and you will then be able to use that backup on any 8.1.2 and higher device.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Making the backup is only for if there is a problem with the downgrade process and you for some reason need to restore your phone, which in that case, you would restore back to 8.1.3 and you can use whatever backup you have on iCloud. I only mentioned the whole "backup not being compatible with an old iOS version) because if you wanted to do a RESTORE to 8.1.2 rather than an UPDATE to 8.1.2 from 8.1.3, you wouldn't be able to then use an 8.1.3 backup to restore all your apps and settings. When you downgrade to 8.1.2 (which you have to do on a computer through iTunes), and if it's successful, you can then perform a backup from 8.1.2 to iCloud so that your 8.1.3 backup on iCloud will be overridden by the new 8.1.2 backup, and you will then be able to use that backup on any 8.1.2 and higher device.

-Anthony

Ok. I'm downloading the IPSW on my Mac right now. Which is the best jailbreak to use?

Good thing I finally got my Tapatalk password back... That said the program should remember all of the passwords for the boards I'm on instead of forgetting them. This is an area that needs competition so badly...

Tapatalk is a universal app, right? How can I get the older version of it from my iPhone to my iPad?

Yes, the current Tapatalk is universal.

For you to do that, you would have to backup to iTunes on a computer, then delete from your iPad and add Tapatalk to your iPad through iTunes. If you have Tapatalk in iTunes already, then you have to delete the current version and when you backup your phone, choose yes to transfer purchases.

Ok. I'm downloading the IPSW on my Mac right now. Which is the best jailbreak to use?

The only jailbreak available for 8.1.2 is Taig, which afaik is still Windows only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate this new updated Tapatalk. I've been trying to force myself to use it because I'm too lazy to get up and go on the computer but I can't deal anymore. Such horrible work these developers did.

The only jailbreak available for 8.1.2 is Taig, which afaik is still Windows only.

Hmm, looks like I did use Taig, totally forgot about that.

-Anthony

Thank you. Glad I know it now.

I've been patiently waiting for July to become upgrade eligible and get an iPhone 6. I logged into my account to pay the bill and Sprint had a notice up saying I could Easy Pay or Lease a new device today. It works out close enough in price over two years that it doesn't really matter if I select Easy Pay or a 2 year contract with a subsidized device. Needless to say it was a very easy decision for me. I should have our iPhone 6's later this week!

I'm liking this "new" sprint. Proactive steps like like this to get more people on B41 devices makes a lot of sense to me.

• Like 3

Ripped the plastic screen protector off my Otterbox just a few minutes ago and put my Zagg Glass back on. Wow! I forgot how good the tempered glass felt, not to mention how much more responsive my screen is now. I'm happy to have it back on.

• Like 5

Ripped the plastic screen protector off my Otterbox just a few minutes ago and put my Zagg Glass back on. Wow! I forgot how good the tempered glass felt, not to mention how much more responsive my screen is now. I'm happy to have it back on.

my brother just got that. I love it and might actually get it

• Like 2

Just noticed my front camera shifting. Only slightly but it still is. If it moves more then I'll go get it fixed. I don't understand why this defect is still prevalent in a device that chose 700+ dollars. Apple needs to tighten up on its suppliers cause this is just unacceptable.

• Like 1

I was considering updating. Thanks for making me realize how much of a mistake that would be

Upgraded for a couple days and ended up downgrading a couple days later. The update is horrible and I will never accept the new layout

Is there a signal check app for iPhones that anyone knows about? I'm thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 6+ on Sprint but I want to make sure that if I upgrade, I can take full advantage of all the frequencies that Sprint has to offer (spark LTE 800, etc).

Is there a signal check app for iPhones that anyone knows about? I'm thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 6+ on Sprint but I want to make sure that if I upgrade, I can take full advantage of all the frequencies that Sprint has to offer (spark LTE 800, etc).

There's some movement on that front for IOS users located in this thread : http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6791-cellularinfo-for-ios-coming-soon/