iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Oh my god I know...

I took my case off earlier and just had it next to me on the couch. I moved slightly and it slid into the abyss of couch cracks. I didn't hear it slide and had to search for it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I kinda wanna cry tbh.

Sent from my shiny new Space Grey iPhone 6

• Like 1

I kinda wanna cry tbh.

I'm totally with you on that. That's why I bought an Otterbox defender for my phone. I'm too paranoid out of my head that I might break it, so bulky case it stays in.

I have went caseless for the longest time and been exceptionally lucky, I guess. That might end with the next iPhone I get. If I go to the 6 I may get a silicon case for basic usage.

I have went caseless for the longest time and been exceptionally lucky, I guess. That might end with the next iPhone I get. If I go to the 6 I may get a silicon case for basic usage.

My first iPhone 3GS got wet because I was careless and caseless, the replacement got wet because I was being stupid. My LG Xenon years ago got a cracked screen, and had to replace that because I threw the phone into a seatbelt out of anger. Now I'm so overly cautious, but still clumsy. I'm just glad I haven't broke an iPhone screen ever.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Went to the Apple Store Saturday morning with my Dad to get him a new phone. He upgraded from his Space Grey 64 GB Sprint 5S to a Space Grey 128 GB Sim-Free 6 Plus. Had to get a new SIM card from the Sprint store though, because for whatever reason the network wouldn't let him activate his phone with his old SIM. It's been working great since! When we got it home and restored it through iTunes it came up and said "Congratulations, your iPhone is now unlocked!" when the phone booted into iTunes. Bet you never thought you'd see that coming from an iPhone that was activated on Sprint, did ya? :)

-Anthony

• Like 3

I'm totally with you on that. That's why I bought an Otterbox defender for my phone. I'm too paranoid out of my head that I might break it, so bulky case it stays in.

I got he same case. Popped out the built in screen protector and put on a zagg protector. With three young boys this case has already saved my phone on two occasions.

• Like 1

I have always been a 'case man' but not after getting the 6+.

Had a case on it for for a month or so but it felt too bulky - even with a slim case. It has slipped out of my hands once or twice but never out of the house. Has landed on concrete once and survived. Has also landed on wood and carpet.

If I do drop and break it - I'll use up one of the AppleCare replacement deals. :shrug: I really enjoy being case-less now.

• Like 1

My first iPhone 3GS got wet because I was careless and caseless, the replacement got wet because I was being stupid. My LG Xenon years ago got a cracked screen, and had to replace that because I threw the phone into a seatbelt out of anger. Now I'm so overly cautious, but still clumsy. I'm just glad I haven't broke an iPhone screen ever.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

I'm usually super cautious but yesterday I was sitting in the car I had my phone in my lap and I just forgot it was there cause I had other things in my hand. I already told my mom she said I gotta wait so until then I'll be sitting around with the crackle jackle iPhone 6. I'm kinda embarrassed to have a cracked 6 and I only had it for a month.

Ironically enough it landed right on the concrete and there's not a scratch or scuff on the back or the sides. The screen took the full load of damage, and tbh it didn't even crack that bad either. I think my thick privacy screen helped a little, but now when I get a new screen at least the phone itself won't look mad ugly with scratches and scuffs.

Edited by IsaiahL

Went to the Apple Store Saturday morning with my Dad to get him a new phone. He upgraded from his Space Grey 64 GB Sprint 5S to a Space Grey 128 GB Sim-Free 6 Plus. Had to get a new SIM card from the Sprint store though, because for whatever reason the network wouldn't let him activate his phone with his old SIM. It's been working great since! When we got it home and restored it through iTunes it came up and said "Congratulations, your iPhone is now unlocked!" when the phone booted into iTunes. Bet you never thought you'd see that coming from an iPhone that was activated on Sprint, did ya? :)

-Anthony

This happened to me twice (the sim card issue). The first time I got a new 6 for the camera issue, and just recently when my screen was broke. It seems to be a new issue, which is most annoying...

• Like 1

I'm usually super cautious but yesterday I was sitting in the car I had my phone in my lap and I just forgot it was there cause I had other things in my hand. I already told my mom she said I gotta wait so until then I'll be sitting around with the crackle jackle iPhone 6. I'm kinda embarrassed to have a cracked 6 and I only had it for a month.

Ironically enough it landed right on the concrete and there's not a scratch or scuff on the back or the sides. The screen took the full load of damage, and tbh it didn't even crack that bad either. I think my thick privacy screen helped a little, but now when I get a new screen at least the phone itself won't look mad ugly with scratches and scuffs.

I was caseless as well - well, I had a dbrand skin on it to help with scratches and to give better grip, but essentially caseless. Saturday my 1 year old swiped my phone out of my hand onto our tile floor. It landed on the upper right corner, cracking the screen. It was just a slight crack, but a crack nevertheless.

Rewind to a few weeks ago I had read that there's a manufacturing defect with the front facing camera and that it will slide out of position, creating a slight crescent moon shape. Because it's a manufacturing defect Apple is replacing the screen at no charge. Sure enough my phone has the problem - it didn't impact the pictures at all and was barely noticeable so I didn't do anything about it...until I cracked the screen. I set a genius appointment yesterday afternoon citing the camera flaw and they replaced the screen at no charge. I think had my crack been larger or more noticeable they may have challenged me, but they didn't ask a word. I was in and out in under an hour.

Side benefit: my Touch ID was previously always hit or miss; I just thought it was how it functioned. Since the screen has been replaced my Touch ID has been flawless. Needless to say I'm back in a case and I just had a Zagg Invisible glass put on the new screen last night (Best Buy price matches Amazon, so I got it for $15 with free application).

I was caseless as well - well, I had a dbrand skin on it to help with scratches and to give better grip, but essentially caseless. Saturday my 1 year old swiped my phone out of my hand onto our tile floor. It landed on the upper right corner, cracking the screen. It was just a slight crack, but a crack nevertheless.

Rewind to a few weeks ago I had read that there's a manufacturing defect with the front facing camera and that it will slide out of position, creating a slight crescent moon shape. Because it's a manufacturing defect Apple is replacing the screen at no charge. Sure enough my phone has the problem - it didn't impact the pictures at all and was barely noticeable so I didn't do anything about it...until I cracked the screen. I set a genius appointment yesterday afternoon citing the camera flaw and they replaced the screen at no charge. I think had my crack been larger or more noticeable they may have challenged me, but they didn't ask a word. I was in and out in under an hour.

Side benefit: my Touch ID was previously always hit or miss; I just thought it was how it functioned. Since the screen has been replaced my Touch ID has been flawless. Needless to say I'm back in a case and I just had a Zagg Invisible glass put on the new screen last night (Best Buy price matches Amazon, so I got it for $15 with free application).

Most of the time if its just a hairline crack, they will replace the screen at no cost. "its not supposed to do that' they say.

Hmm so you think If I were to go in and say the front camera was displaced they'd do a free replacement.

Hmm so you think If I were to go in and say the front camera was displaced they'd do a free replacement.

Not with the a screen cracked like you say yours is. When my brothers camera was misplaced he had a slight hairline crack at the bottom. Luckily I knew the Apple genius personally, so he said will just pretend that I didn't see that and get you a new phone. He said if it hadn't been him, they probably would've charged for a new screen.

I looked at that case with several others.  Ended up getting the Symmetry case.  I have a tendency to put the phone in a front pocket so the Defender would have been too much.

Not with the a screen cracked like you say yours is. When my brothers camera was misplaced he had a slight hairline crack at the bottom. Luckily I knew the Apple genius personally, so he said will just pretend that I didn't see that and get you a new phone. He said if it hadn't been him, they probably would've charged for a new screen.

Man, I have a hairline crack the extends across the screen and then splits into several vines near the middle.

My phone going in a case until I get it fixed and after that it's staying in one while outdoors. My house has a lot more softer safer places than the outdoors

Man, I have a hairline crack the extends across the screen and then splits into several vines near the middle.

Hmmmm. They might do it for free. Be super nice. It really depends. haha good luck though

Has anybody heard of Sprint's 50 dollar a month Iphone 6 plan? Is it worth it? I've considered getting it when I upgrade but the price seems to good to be true. I'm worried about Sprint limiting my data if I use to much. What are your thoughts? 

Has anybody heard of Sprint's 50 dollar a month Iphone 6 plan? Is it worth it? I've considered getting it when I upgrade but the price seems to good to be true. I'm worried about Sprint limiting my data if I use to much. What are your thoughts? 

The plan is solid. I am not an expert on that plan so I have no idea. But I do know that your data will really only limited if you are in a congested area. And if you have b41 available, thats not likely to happen any time soon....

Where are you located?

I'm located in columbus, Ohio. There is a tower right next to my apartment that just got activated with LTE. And it is pretty fast. And yeah it is with the lease plan. I don't want to lease though I would rather just use my upgrade