iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I did see an interesting comment about how there is speculation that apple pay and google wallet will further increase credit card fees because now google and apple get a slice of every transaction.  Anybody have more info/opinions about that?

So last week I took advantage of the loyalty reward and got another iPhone 6 for my 3rd line and was told not to expect the discount for 1 to 2 billing cycles. Today I noticed the discount was applied to my current bill that's not due until next month and I haven't even been charged for the phone yet. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Sprint wouldn't swap my Zagg InvisibleShield Glass so I ordered a replacement from Zagg. It broke last Wednesday when I changed it from my first 6+ to my 2nd.

Do you know if there is a Zagg Kiosk anywhere near you in a mall maybe? Generally they will swap it out for a few bucks.

Sprint wouldn't swap my Zagg InvisibleShield Glass so I ordered a replacement from Zagg. It broke last Wednesday when I changed it from my first 6+ to my 2nd.

I pulled mine off the phone I returned. I hope I can put it on the new one once it comes it.

I pulled mine off the phone I returned. I hope I can put it on the new one once it comes it.

Oh yeah. Easy to put it on the next phone. I have my cracked one on my iPhone now.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Do you know if there is a Zagg Kiosk anywhere near you in a mall maybe? Generally they will swap it out for a few bucks.

There is one right by the Apple Store in Fresno, but now that I ordered it from the factory, I'll just be waiting until it comes in.

Anyone think we could maybe make this the "iPhone Users Thread"? Sure, we have a lot of 6 and 6 plus users, but do we really need to have a seperate thread for all other iPhones? :)

-Anthony

I think so because of Spark on the 6 & 6 Plus.

• Like 1

Anyone think we could maybe make this the "iPhone Users Thread"? Sure, we have a lot of 6 and 6 plus users, but do we really need to have a seperate thread for all other iPhones? :)

-Anthony

With the phone growing in popularity, this is not bad idea. 

• Like 2

-Anthony

No I don't.  The 6 and 6+ are different than other iPhones.  They have Band 41, Apple Pay, etc.  What's the point of having an iOS forum if you're going to corral so many things together?

• Like 1

I have a iPhone 6 right now but I want a 6+. For those who have the 6+ what is your honest opinion on it both pros and cons?

I have a iPhone 6 right now but I want a 6+. For those who have the 6+ what is your honest opinion on it both pros and cons?

OIS in the camera, by far the biggest pro, and of course the battery life. I don't have any cons yet, but it's only been a week and a half since I got it.

• Like 1

Do you just want the bigger screen and battery life. I find my battery life to be acceptable on the 6. It would probably help if I wasn't in a fringe zone, but it works. lol

Do you just want the bigger screen and battery life. I find my battery life to be acceptable on the 6. It would probably help if I wasn't in a fringe zone, but it works. lol

I kinda want it just for the big screen. But is it worth it to shell out another $700 dollars. But I guess it would boil down to personal needs/wants

It's BIG. To the point where my iPad gets little use anymore.

The battery is great. I regularly get 10-12 hours of usage out of it and standby is phenomenal.

The camera is very handy, because it's such a large device taking pics one handed needs the extra stabilisation.

Con: many apps still look weird on it (scaling), and interestingly when apps update to accommodate the larger size they look funny at first, because you get used to the scaled look, heh.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It's BIG. To the point where my iPad gets little use anymore.

The battery is great. I regularly get 10-12 hours of usage out of it and standby is phenomenal.

The camera is very handy, because it's such a large device taking pics one handed needs the extra stabilisation.

Con: many apps still look weird on it (scaling), and interestingly when apps update to accommodate the larger size they look funny at first, because you get used to the scaled look, heh.

That was another concern of mines with the scaling of apps that aren't updated. How blurry are the apps?

I am finding the battery on iOS 8.1 way better than 8.0.  I am basically able to last a day and a half. I am a light texter and web browser. More of streaming/listening to music at work through my BT. It has been great.

That was another concern of mines with the scaling of apps that aren't updated. How blurry are the apps?

They aren't blurry at all in my experience - just big. Here's a screenshot of Tapatalk from what I'm doing now:

post-41728-14147669715_thumb.jpg

Here's a screenshot from a properly scaled app:

post-41728-141476722993_thumb.jpg

See what I mean?

Edited by Amber
  • Like 1

Pros for me:

Reading Documents is much easier

Battery life - Agree with Amber and Josh

Camera is very nice

Most apps that I have are compatible with iOS 8

Cons:

Back pocket carrying is not recommended

One hand operation at times can be difficult

Not having a great tracking app like SignalCheck Pro (for Mike :D)

They aren't blurry at all in my experience - just big. Here's a screenshot of Tapatalk from what I'm doing now:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1414766971.535769.jpg

Here's a screenshot from a properly scaled app:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1414767229.001281.jpg

See what I mean?

To me, this is the biggest flaw right now. It throws off my typing all the time lol. Ill go from a normal sized keyboard in messages, and then to tapatalk and have error after error after error! GAH! Update the size of the apps already app developers. It's been over a month now!

• Like 1