Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-ceo-t-mobile-in-for-a-rude-awakening-in-network-battle/

Marcelo lets action speak in regards to root metrics scores. "I think Legere is in for a rude awakening when new scores come out about network performance," We all know this was bound to happen, and I think this year we will see much better scores.

"Legere, however, dismissed Claure's comments and called the Root Metrics data outdated."

Ohhh boy, Johnny's scared.

• Like 6

If I remember correctly I think a lot of the Ericsson bashing came from Digiblur. Which was a long time ago...

Who is this digiblur person?

AJ

• Like 3

New plans

That's not to say Sprint is giving up. Claure said he plans to launch a new set of pricing plans as soon as April based on the customer research it is conducting. That could include the ability to roll over data, which T-Mobile and AT&T offer, pricing tweaks to its unlimited plans, a cheaper plan for people who want less data and other options. He said the plans will fall under a more simplified pricing strategy.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-ceo-t-mobile-in-for-a-rude-awakening-in-network-battle/

• Like 1

"Legere, however, dismissed Claure's comments and called the Root Metrics data outdated."

Ohhh boy, Johnny's scared.

Lol, isn't he the one that keeps posting the results all over the place on twitter when they win certain categories?

• Like 5

Why is John saying Root is not important? I guess its not giving him results he wants and because of that its not relevant. I guess if he was dominating the results he would throw it in everyones face. From the results T-Mobile is not too reliable all around and all it really has is fast data but even thats debatable compared to Verizon. 

But I am glad that Marcelo set the record straight that he could care less if Sprint is 3 or 4 but he is putting people on notice that Sprint will have a very comparable network to everyone else in scores.

• Like 5

Verizon confirms sale of wireline assets for $10B to Frontier

http://www.seekingalpha.com/news/2278536

FiOS sales in Florida, Texas, and California confirmed. I think it's only a matter of time before Frontier owns all of Verizon's landline business (LOOK OUT NYC PEEPS.)

• Like 1

Verizon confirms sale of wireline assets for $10B to Frontier

http://www.seekingalpha.com/news/2278536

FiOS sales in Florida, Texas, and California confirmed. I think it's only a matter of time before Frontier owns all of Verizon's landline business (LOOK OUT NYC PEEPS.)

I don't understand this.

Also, on Ookla data, Verizon is now 1 Mbps ahead of T-Mobile nationally. If I ran VZW social media I'd say "Hey Johnny, you mean the network standards that put us 1 nationally on Root AND Ookla?"

Sorry as I need to clarify. The wireline was a large part of Verizon's business and bottom line. That is what is puzzling about this sale. Yes frontier is bad.

Yes but look at their margins. I forgot which of the many margin metrics are which but the wireless is like 5x the wireline.

If vzw does this I wonder if att would sell it's uverse business?

That would free it of having to deal with the coming title 2 issues.

Under the terms of the new agreement, Sprint would effectively operate a store within a RadioShack store, occupying approximately one third of the retail space of each location. Sprint employees will sell mobile devices and plans on all Sprint brands including Boost and Virgin Mobile. The stores will be co-branded with Sprint being the primary brand on storefronts and in marketing materials.

Interesting.

• Like 1

Interesting.

So the Radioshack stores will change to Sprint stores as far as the branding on the storefront. Then Sprint will have one wall with their phones and ads and Radioshack's products will have the back and opposite wall?