ATT starting its WCS deployment?

Destroyallcubes

So here in Tyler, East Texas, ATT has started expanding to new sites, 3 so far brand new monopoles. It seems these newer sites are being installed with WCS ready equipment. Anyone else seeing sites like these?

KVREOiQ.jpg

So here in Tyler, East Texas, ATT has started expanding to new sites, 3 so far brand new monopoles. It seems these newer sites are being installed with WCS ready equipment. Anyone else seeing sites like these?

KVREOiQ.jpg

I've seen some sites like this in Jacksonville Florida. I've even seen some where they went back swapped out a panel or two for newer panels and added more RRU's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've seen some sites like this in Jacksonville Florida. I've even seen some where they went back swapped out a panel or two for newer panels and added more RRU's.

The RRUs in my pic look like Ericsson ones from Sprint. Obviously ATT but looks like Ericsson is a huge vendor for the south area for ATT and Sprint.

The RRUs in my pic look like Ericsson ones from Sprint. Obviously ATT but looks like Ericsson is a huge vendor for the south area for ATT and Sprint.

Yes they do. Either the new equipment is for WCS or more AWS that ATT acquired from Cricket.

Yes they do. Either the new equipment is for WCS or more AWS that ATT acquired from Cricket.

Well here no AWS spectrum for ATT unless they got some from Aloha wireless. They have WCS now from Sprint, 700,850, and 1900.

They have block c on wcs according to http://specmap.sequence-omega.net/

ATT just bought out Sprints holdings of WCS, so they should have enough ,iirc, for nationwide 10x10, would have 15x15, but guard bands are in place

KVREOiQ.jpg

I saw a site being worked on in Tulsa, brand new panels were added with similar antennas and colored wiring. I wasn't sure what was going on, (still not but this may be a clue).

I saw a site being worked on in Tulsa, brand new panels were added with similar antennas and colored wiring. I wasn't sure what was going on, (still not but this may be a clue).

Yep at least 3 if these sites in a period of 1-2 months, from nothing to monopole with equipment. I find these 3 sites be bad zones for all wireless carriers, so they could be seeing new Tennant's on these empty spaces soon enough. Hopefully Nokia and Ericsson will have some Sprint sites on these bad boys soon enough. But yeah they had some red wiring near the panels. I need to get a better camera to get closer pics. Might borrow one to see if I can make out any frequencies on the panel.

Weird on the outside panels , center pic, there are no Jumper cables running to them. Hmm maybe those aren't in use yet, could be the WCS equipment.

What band is wcs?

Band 30. 2300 MHz.

AJ

• Like 2