What PCMAG wants to do

kg4icg

Hmmmm. They would choose this time period..... Need like 3 more months.

• Like 1

Looks like it already started. They are well in it now. They have a rundown on the starting schedule which was Back on the 1st of this month.

Well lets hope they're using a Full Spark Tri-Band device. Otherwise.....

I've seen it mentioned here that sitting on a tower and running speedtests virtually non-stop is not the greatest idea in terms of congestion and stress on a tower...and they are doing it with 8 phones at once...?

What's the consensus on this method?

Hope they dont reference the ping times on sensorly.  Ping is never accurate in their latest generation app for some reason.  Every other app will get below 50 for a ping, but sensorly will be over 200 almost all the time.

• Like 3

Hope they dont reference the ping times on sensorly.  Ping is never accurate in their latest generation app for some reason.  Every other app will get below 50 for a ping, but sensorly will be over 200 almost all the time.

Even if they mention ping times it shouldn't matter. Its not like sensorly is selecting better (closer) servers for some carriers and not others. Every carriers ping time will suffer when the server for the test is in Uzbekistan....

• Like 1

Northeast: Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.

Southeast: Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Jacksonville, and Miami

North Central: Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, and Kansas City

South Central: Memphis, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, and Austin

Northwest: Denver, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle

Southwest: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, Los Angeles, and San Diego

Heh... it'll be another "article" that will be full of Sprint haters again.

Even if they mention ping times it shouldn't matter. Its not like sensorly is selecting better (closer) servers for some carriers and not others. Every carriers ping time will suffer when the server for the test is in Uzbekistan....

Not worried about it in terms of who is better, more in terms of accuracy. That being said, who is to say it will be the same servers the tests are run against?

Sent from my HTC M8

Not worried about it in terms of who is better, more in terms of accuracy. That being said, who is to say it will be the same servers the tests are run against?

Sent from my HTC M8

Fair enough on the first point. On the second, I would assume a large enough sample of test will provide a random distribution of the far flung servers from all four corners of the world.

Well lets hope they're using a Full Spark Tri-Band device. Otherwise.....

I believe they used Sensorly last time as well. Us NOLA folks had a good laugh out of their picture calling Lake Ponchatrain the mighty Mississippi River.

• Like 4

I believe they used Sensorly last time as well. Us NOLA folks had a good laugh out of their picture calling Lake Ponchatrain the mighty Mississippi River.

yeah...Mighty

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Heh... it'll be another "article" that will be full of Sprint haters again.

This should be interesting. With the G2 in most of San Francisco they will only connect to legacy equipment.

I've seen it mentioned here that sitting on a tower and running speedtests virtually non-stop is not the greatest idea in terms of congestion and stress on a tower...and they are doing it with 8 phones at once...?

What's the consensus on this method?

All eight phones aren't running against the same network at the same time. From the article link:

we'll have seven LG G2 phones tuned to each of the four LTE networks plus the Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T 3G networks. We'll also have an eighth LG phone for the Verizon 3G network.

And from looking at their twitter feed: https://twitter.com/pcmphones

at least here in San Diego, they are driving several miles in between each test site. So they aren't consistently overloading the same part of the network with repeated speed tests.