4/29 -Hear It For Yourself- Sprint Event

xdfgf

I think that means if you sign up for the Spotify account, you have to opt out after 3 months or you end up getting charged $10. I don't think it automatically signs you up, that would be bad.

Yeah, it would seem you'd be right and that would make sense. But conceivably if the others sign up, after 6 months they'd have to cancel as well to avoid paying. So why doesn't it specify "must opt-out" for framily plans?

I guess having a 10-person framily and a spotify account will finally pay off for me. That's a nice discount.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Logistics will be interesting. Like do all 10 ppl get a spotify trial/discount? And how is it billed and/or tied to current spotify usernames.

Yeah, it would seem you'd be right and that would make sense. But conceivably if the others sign up, after 6 months they'd have to cancel as well to avoid paying. So why doesn't it specify "must opt-out" for framily plans?

Yeah that is a little odd. I guess we'll see on Friday. 

Well I guess it's all about the new DAC they use in this phone. I don't know about the particular DAC they use but in general a good digital to analog converter makes a big different in an audio device. If you want an easy explanation on DAC this is a good video:

Anyone sign up for Spotify today? Or know how to do it?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Go to www.sprint.com/spotify, there's a Sign Up button there.

I guess having a 10-person framily and a spotify account will finally pay off for me. That's a nice discount.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

FYI the discount is based on the number of lines in the Framily that have a Spotify Premium subscription. If 5 or fewer Framily members have it, it's $7.99/mo. You need 6 or more people in the Framily to subscribe to Spotify to get the $4.99/mo price. The discounted price is NOT based on the number of people in the Framily, according to the fine print at the link I posted above:

Your Spotify subscription will be charged on your Sprint bill at the end of 6 months trial at a promotional price based on the number of Framily members with an active Spotify Premium account, ($7.99 for 5 or fewer members, $4.99 for 6 or more members). The price may change each month as members join or cancel Spotify. After 24 months, price is $9.99/mo. Cancel anytime by calling Sprint at 888-211-4727
  • Like 1

I was looking at it. I need to go play with a regular m8 in a store to see if I like it. I like the color scheme and I'm wondering if the extra $30 is worth it. I'm wondering side by side how different the audio is.

After using the headphones that are included, I can safely say, go for it. You won't regret it.

$30 is less than you'd spend on a dinner outside, and you would get much more out of it.

• Like 1

Go to www.sprint.com/spotify, there's a Sign Up button there.

FYI the discount is based on the number of lines in the Framily that have a Spotify Premium subscription. If 5 or fewer Framily members have it, it's $7.99/mo. You need 6 or more people in the Framily to subscribe to Spotify to get the $4.99/mo price. The discounted price is NOT based on the number of people in the Framily, according to the fine print at the link I posted above:

When i click 'Sign Up' it just asks me to login and takes me to the account page. No way to sign up or anything.

When i click 'Sign Up' it just asks me to login and takes me to the account page. No way to sign up or anything.

I didn't actually try signing up since I don't do streaming music but I saw the link and figured it would let people sign up. Maybe it's not active yet?

I didn't actually try signing up since I don't do streaming music but I saw the link and figured it would let people sign up. Maybe it's not active yet?

That's what I'm guessing. Or they're going to make this very confusing to actually achieve.

Got my 6 months free this morning. Logged into my sprint added the Spotify service with 6 months free. I got a text with a link. Opened the link and it asked me to either create a new account or log in. I logged in with my account credentials and I was prompted with a message saying my account with credited with 6 months of service at no charge. Easy...

My only issues is going is when the free service ends will I get carrier billed or will I still get billed by Spotify. I don't want to get billed by both, in my Spotify account info on their site my PayPal info is still set as my payment type.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got my 6 months free this morning. Logged into my sprint added the Spotify service with 6 months free. I got a text with a link. Opened the link and it asked me to either create a new account or log in. I logged in with my account credentials and I was prompted with a message saying my account with credited with 6 months of service at no charge. Easy...

Do you have that link from that text?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So, I just signed up. Just added it to my existing account. Seems like there's a billing mistake on Spotify's end. The discount doesn't reflect on their end. Hopefully it gets straightened out. This is a great deal for us sprint music fans.

guge4u6u.jpg

uzemure8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

11-7 is November so it applied the 6 months free then you get charged the discounted rate after.

Correct. But it's showing $9.99, not $7.99

Sent from my Nexus 5

Where are y'all going to sign up for the free 6 months of spotify for family members?

Go into your account on sprint.com then go to add/change services. You'll see it in there. Then they text you a link where you can login to apply it to a current Spotify username, or create a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 5