N5 foreign SIM issues on return to Sprint?

Devin

I'm headed back up north to Vancouver on Monday and will likely be there a few times this year.  Planning to pick up a Wind mobile SIM card for the N5 while there since it's essentially all-you-can-eat talk/text/data for C$2/day.  I bought my N5 from Google Play and am not worried about getting it running with Wind, however am concerned about bringing it back home to Sprint since there were challenges activating the N5 in the first place.  

Anyone done this - any issues or anything I need to know about?  Or is it as simple as putting the Sprint MicroSIM back in?

Thanks!

-Devin

If your phone is already working on Sprint, just pop the SIM card back in once you come home, and boom. You are done! It's that easy!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If your phone is already working on Sprint, just pop the SIM card back in once you come home, and boom. You are done! It's that easy!

Awesome!  That's what I was hoping for.  Thanks for the info.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the info.

In some circumstances you may have to change the preferred network type to LTE(recommended) in the mobile network settings menu. I had to do that to get Sprint back after putting an AT&T SIM card in one time and then putting my Sprint SIM card back in.

You may want to call Sprint ahead and let them know you're traveling and want the device unlocked (not sure if the N5 needs it). I had to do it with my iPhone 5 prior to going to India.

I haven't brought the N5 over to an international parties yet but I have used several domestic SIMs.  There really isn't a Sprint model per say but mine did come from Sprint with a Sprint SIM pre-installed.  There's no locking or unlocking.  Just pop out the SIM, put in the new SIM and reboot.  You will need to make sure and use the correct APN for your provider if it automatically does not populate.  The only issue I had was once or twice I had to go into the Radio info short cut to make sure it was on LTE/GSM mode, I'm sure it would have changed by itself but I was probably impatient.  You can easily go back to Sprint when you get back, just pop in your Sprint SIM.  No need to call Sprint or anything as long as it is still active on your account.

• Like 1