Tri-band phones call out....

floorguy

soooo rather then sift through the mounds of crap in all the different phone threads...

I thought I would post here and ask...

how are they doing???

do they all have the spark update (except the n5 i know)

I have been finding bits and pieces....but maybe this could be a good thread to kinda of track real world use...

if you can keep it to how its working on 800 voice....and the different bands of LTE....

Because i just saw a screen shot of a 41 connection...very nice...

Mainly I am trying to decide if i want to upgrade, or just keep sitting on my note 2..

Thanks

soooo rather then sift through the mounds of crap in all the different phone threads...

I thought I would post here and ask...

how are they doing???

do they all have the spark update (except the n5 i know)

I have been finding bits and pieces....but maybe this could be a good thread to kinda of track real world use...

if you can keep it to how its working on 800 voice....and the different bands of LTE....

Because i just saw a screen shot of a 41 connection...very nice...

Mainly I am trying to decide if i want to upgrade, or just keep sitting on my note 2..

Thanks

You should definitely upgrade to a triband LTE device.  I have the LG G2 and It is so worth it to get access to B41 LTE.  Personally on my route to work, the B41 LTE access fills in some of the LTE gaps that currently don't have B25 LTE currently until the other Sprint sites get upgraded to NV.  Not to mention that the specs on the Qualcomm 800 chip which helps with battery life and the nice 1080p display.

• Like 2

You should definitely upgrade to a triband LTE device.  I have the LG G2 and It is so worth it to get access to B41 LTE.  Personally on my route to work, the B41 LTE access fills in some of the LTE gaps that currently don't have B25 LTE currently until the other Sprint sites get upgraded to NV.  Not to mention that the specs on the Qualcomm 800 chip which helps with battery life and the nice 1080p display.

But, but, but I gotta have SVLTE so I can talk with my girl and simultaneously chat on Facebook with my on the down low girl.

AJ

• Like 8

It depends on your network home so to speak. Im in a nv complete area with partial back haul and 1900 lte active in spots. Ive switched back and forth between single band and triband phones. And in an unfinished market I would not rush to buy a triband device, radio in my g2 seems quirky and unstable while traveling compared to my htc one. However anticipation of 800 lte keeps my g2 in my hands. I would however strongly advise if you must upgrade I wouldnt waste time/contract/easypay on a single band device.

Edited by ZDuncanZ

My G2 has been great. I have connected a number of times to band 41 but haven't had the chance to pick up any band 26 yet. My signal is phenomenal and battery life is amazing.

• Like 2

It depends on your network home so to speak. Im in a nv complete area with partial back haul and 1900 lte active in spots. Ive switched back and forth between single band and triband phones. And in an unfinished market I would not rush to buy a triband device, radio in my g2 seems quirky and unstable while traveling compared to my htc one. However anticipation of 800 lte keeps my g2 in my hands. I would however strongly advise if you must upgrade I wouldnt waste time/contract/easypay on a single band device.

thought i said band 41 was pretty wide spread, but i guess i didnt....

anyway, most of the travels i do, are in the band 41 zones, and as near as i can tell, they will be in 25 as well for this 1st go round...

truth be told, i love my sammy....but i think part of the reason is because on the simple root from digi...

and i like the battery pull option, but only need to do it maybe once a mth... 

and i like the sd card option...but dont pull it out a ton, and could in theory make drop box or the like as a upload pics and what not to

Ive been super happy with carbon ROM on my g2 if your biggest concern is a nice clean ROM. Or pick up a nexus 5. That's a topic for elsewhere though.

Edited by ZDuncanZ

i played with the flex today...its pretty nice....ohhhh has the split screen feature (not as many as a rooted note 2 but) which is one of the features i really liked....  does the g2 have this???  i didnt play with it enough to see...

i just dont know about the "curve" feeling...i love how my ballistic case has fit the sg3, and note 2...now they need to make one for the flex...

i played with the flex today...its pretty nice....ohhhh has the split screen feature (not as many as a rooted note 2 but) which is one of the features i really liked.... does the g2 have this??? i didnt play with it enough to see...

i just dont know about the "curve" feeling...i love how my ballistic case has fit the sg3, and note 2...now they need to make one for the flex...

The GFlex is too much of an overkill for a phone. If I want a screen that big, I'll just get an iPad!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

i played with the flex today...its pretty nice....ohhhh has the split screen feature (not as many as a rooted note 2 but) which is one of the features i really liked....  does the g2 have this???  i didnt play with it enough to see...

Yes the G2 can have the split screen feature by flashing a fix on TWRP.  Obviously this means you have to be rooted. Essentially what the folks on XDA did was extract and ported the files awhile ago from the korean LG G Flex and tweaked it to work with the G2. 

You can find the XDA thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2544206